CareFirst error a worry for many -

CareFirst error a worry for many -

There are 8 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Aug 21, 2007, titled CareFirst error a worry for many -. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Acomputer glitch at the state's largest health insurer recently blew Sharon Nobles' life into disarray, leaving her family with overdue medical bills and, at times, vital prescriptions denied at the pharmacy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Taken By CareFirst

United States

#1 Aug 21, 2007
True - But how do u get your $$$ back from them.
They show the deductable as being met, but then show that the amount paid didn't exceed what the deductable is using a bunch of invalid charts so you the consumer can't figure it out. This is a shell game of cash with the consumer loosing.
I've called the "managers" and they call back but do nothing to assist, I got 60 min of "I didn't say that, don't put words in my mouth" and never a commitment to do or follow up on anything I could track. "Someone" will call ... eventually is always the reply and nobody does.
Sharon Nobles

Westminster, MD

#2 Aug 21, 2007
As a follow up to this article, Carefirst stated they fixed the problem, however, the problem is still not fixed. Yes, we can get prescriptions, however, doctors are still not being paid, and the deductible is still not accruing properly. If enough people are interested, I think we should start a petition. Hopefully, we'll get someone's attention. Also, a huge thank you to Dan Thanh!! She was absolutely wonderful in trying to help me. She is the ONLY ONE THAT EVEN TRIED TO HELP ME!! Thank you so much!!
linda

Ashton, MD

#3 Aug 21, 2007
Maryland's State Plan, Maryland Health Insurance Plan, has charged me three times my minimum deductible and has yet to rectify the problem for last fiscal year which ended in June of 2007. Unfortunately, the plan administration as of July was taken over by ... Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
FRIEND

United States

#4 Aug 22, 2007
Unfortunately this is not the only insurance company that does this to our families! I am having similar issues with Kaiser! I've been dealing with them for over 6 months!
What you need to do is check back with the Nobles in a month OR LESS, to see how the situation is!! It is all good that Valentine is SAYING these words, they all do, but we need to SEE ACTION!!!
Lois

Westminster, MD

#5 Aug 22, 2007
I believe that the problem is that corporate America does not care about the average person in this country. It is all about money (for them). If the consumers would get together and take action, we might all be surprised at the outcome.
Ruth Siegel

Washington, DC

#6 Aug 22, 2007
I have been advised by my cousin, Sharon Noble's mother, that the problem is not resolved. Carefirst told the reporter that, so she put it in the article, but it is still a mess and getting worse by the day.
MOM

Essex, MD

#7 Aug 24, 2007
My daughter has two children who are autistic. Autism causes many divorces when only one child is involved because of the stress. Here are two autistic children. In addition, my son-in-law and my daughter both work long hours and work hard. Who do you think you are to sit in judgment of them? How many autistic children have you raised? Do you have any idea at all what this disability does to families?

Before you make such a quick judgment, walk a mile in my daughter's shoes. One day will convince you that you have made a gross error in judgment and it is people like you who give our health insurance corporations permission to bilk the public. How about doing some research before you make such a quick and erroneous judgment. One day with an autistic child should convince you of your error. Volunteer in a program with autistic children.

Mom

Since: Aug 07

New Windsor, Maryland

#8 Aug 26, 2007
MOM wrote:
My daughter has two children who are autistic. Autism causes many divorces when only one child is involved because of the stress. Here are two autistic children. In addition, my son-in-law and my daughter both work long hours and work hard. Who do you think you are to sit in judgment of them? How many autistic children have you raised? Do you have any idea at all what this disability does to families?
Before you make such a quick judgment, walk a mile in my daughter's shoes. One day will convince you that you have made a gross error in judgment and it is people like you who give our health insurance corporations permission to bilk the public. How about doing some research before you make such a quick and erroneous judgment. One day with an autistic child should convince you of your error. Volunteer in a program with autistic children.
Mom
Thanks Mom!!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Windsor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Westminster Music Thread (Feb '14) Jun '17 Musikologist 7
News Ex-Bowling Brook counselors arrested (May '07) May '17 J Brown house II 33
Silver Oak Academy Prison School (Feb '10) May '17 Bowling Brook Stu... 26
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Mar '17 Bill Grimes-Wyatt 20
Bowling Brook Prep (Jan '06) Feb '17 jstanley 2005 bbp 702
Kreg Cutsail (Dec '12) Aug '16 JwbSr 3
4th of july (Jun '16) Jun '16 Drew1277 1

New Windsor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Windsor Mortgages