Feds get involved in Johnson manhunt

Dec 12, 2008 Read more: Evening Sun 53
Michael L. Johnson Jr. Purchase reprints of Evening Sun Photos at EveningSunPhotos.Com. A federal arrest warrant was filed and a tip line set up as authorities continued searching for a Penn Township ... Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
redskins fan

Baltimore, MD

#41 Dec 14, 2008
Ex Pat wrote:
I always try and keep up with the news from my former hometown and today decided to check to see what people are writing. You should all be ashamed of yourself for the things being written and what is being commented about in such a public forum. What a poor choice for the management of this newspaper to allow this forum on the website. It's gossip and smutty.
This is exactly what you called it, A public forum. Most people writing are Mike's friends, neighbors, former employee's, tax payers who elected him and family members. if you don't like our take or what we vent then don't visit our forums anymore.
Law

Newville, PA

#42 Dec 14, 2008
why are you blaming the Penn Township Police. They are looking as hard for him as they can as well as keep up the multitude of calls such as I can't control my 10 year old son, my neighbor is blowing grass onto my yard. Also they allow 12 mile over the speed limit no 2 but if you are caught 15 mile over would not satisfy you
hanover resident

Harrisburg, PA

#43 Dec 14, 2008
The guy is a chicken a scum, he knows what he did and he can not face the facts, instead he has to run and hide and let his family get even more greif, I can not believe that they have not yet found him, I think some family member is hiding him out somewhere, he must have had alot of cash on him to be gone this long and not caught, or maybe he has conections that are also helping to hide him out, I hope he is caught soon, he is total scum.
redskins fan

Baltimore, MD

#44 Dec 14, 2008
Ladyamydz wrote:
I'm not taking the time to read all the comments, so sorry if this is a repeat. WHY say where these kids go to school! There are other sickos out there that can be triggered by this stuff!
I agree. this has to be hard enough on them. They're 2 great kids that don't deserve to be dragged through the mud. I personally am very worried about his children. Not because I fear Mike will hurt them but because the media coverage does indeed provide a stage for any sicko that wants attention.
Upset Community Resident

Harrisburg, PA

#45 Dec 14, 2008
redskins fan wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly what you called it, A public forum. Most people writing are Mike's friends, neighbors, former employee's, tax payers who elected him and family members. if you don't like our take or what we vent then don't visit our forums anymore.
Nicely stated, I couldn't agree more!
Upset Community Resident

Harrisburg, PA

#46 Dec 14, 2008
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
I am pretty sure that the comment was made to point out that his education has nothing to do with the crime. Not minimizing this awful crime. Maybe you are reading a little too much into this.
Thank you! Geeze, I swear people have a lot of time on their hands...:0
The Realist

Harrisburg, PA

#47 Dec 14, 2008
Current resident wrote:
<quoted text>
What does having an education from Vo-Tech have to do with anything????? This is a person who obviously made poor choices!!!~ The president went to Yale & made poor choices.....
My point wasnt that Vo-Tech is a bad school, I simply meant he has a high school education and no experience running a government yet people elected him to high seat in the Penn Twp gov.?
Hanover Dad

Harrisburg, PA

#48 Dec 14, 2008
Justice wrote:
Come on back Mike. You won't get into trouble. You will be able to walk away because you fit the perfect profile. See, as long as you are an ex-cop and have held a political position within a near by town, you are allowed to rape women and get away with it. That's what happened to one of my best friends about 10 years ago, in this unjustice town. My best friend and I worked together in a busy local restaurant. She came from a good family, never in trouble, didn't drink or do drugs. One night she was raped after work by a regular customer, who was an ex-cop from a near by town, once held a political position in a near by town. And according to the media, he was running from cops that night because he violated a PFA from some other woman. And after he was picked up, it came out that he was engaged to be married and at the same time had an 18 year old girl pregnant; who was half his age to begin with. And with all of this on his record, got away with rape and was never convicted of it in court. And my friend was called a liar on the front page news, after he got away with it in court. But yet, my friend was never in trouble for anything, never did drugs or drink. The worst thing she ever did in her life was get a speeding ticket. But yet this guy was always in trouble, held a political position at one time, and was an ex-cop. I guess that proves the old saying, "They always take care of their own kind!" So come on back Mike, you fit the profile to a "T", you might get away with it too! IT is really sad to see how my friend lives in fear, day after day, and always on guard. All because her rapist got away with it. That is no way to have to live your life!
Who was this guy?

“The Horse Stops Here”

Since: May 08

Littlestown,Pa

#49 Dec 14, 2008
Hes on the run,with a badge and a gun.Hes got a van gonna rape if he can.He knows hes toast not going to jail.So he had a lawyer get him out on bail.Hes a serial rapist,doesnt know their names, hes not going to jail gonna go down in flames.Red lights are flashing he dont wanna stop, they better watch out for suicide by cop.
Wrongagain

Woodbury, NJ

#50 Dec 14, 2008
Knowledgable 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not an employee.... he was not hired, he was elected by the some of the 'not so informed' taxpayers...
If he was a York police officer I believe that he had to be hired into that position. Last time I checked voters don't vote in the police force??
Blahblah

Woodbury, NJ

#51 Dec 14, 2008
Upset Community Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
The statement "poor decisions" was not meant to be "analyzed".......aga in, some people are missing the point. This man is STILL at large, instead of spending your energy disecting everything people are saying, and the words they choose to use, why not spend your time in finding this guy. And if you are that ignorant to think that "poor decisions" was meant in a light manner, than you have no business posting anything on this site in regards to this topic.
I guess not everyone has read your rule book on what we can say and who is wasting time and who isn't on this post. But I agree poor decisions was a lame way to describe this guys "choices". Publish the rule book you want us to follow before you bash people on here bossman.
not a cop here

Carlisle, PA

#52 Dec 14, 2008
Wrongagain wrote:
<quoted text>
If he was a York police officer I believe that he had to be hired into that position. Last time I checked voters don't vote in the police force??
To my knowledge, he was never a cop in Penn Twp. He was elected as a Penn Twp. Commissioner (thus becoming became Pres. thereof). The commissioners oversee Penn Twp. activities. If M.J. was a police officer in York, as stated, or in Baltimore or anywhere else, it would've been in those jurisdictions where he was hired. Penn Twp., in Hanover, is not a part of York or Baltimore. As far as I know, Johnson was never an officer here.

And as for being the stupid people who voted for him as a commissioner, as some posts indicate, I strongly suspect that those who did vote for him had absolutely no idea that he would go on to become a rapist, fugitive, etc., etc. Believe it or not, voting in creeps around here is not something that we deliberately try to do.:)
All for it

Baltimore, MD

#53 Dec 15, 2008
Bubba wrote:
Run Forrest, Run
Too funny!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Windsor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Problems Mount For SILVER OAK ACADEMY Owner O... Mar '15 Boot Camp Monitor 9
Problems Mount For SILVER OAK ACADEMY Owner O... Mar '15 Boot Camp Monitor 9
Silver Oak Academy Prison School (Feb '10) Mar '15 Boot Camp Monitor 24
Silver Oak Prison Academy Reform School (Feb '10) Mar '15 Boot Camp Monitor 8
restaurant Mar '15 speedbuggy48 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Julia W. Gouge as County Comm... Mar '15 richard 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Jon SpellMAN 16
More from around the web

New Windsor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]