Feds get involved in Johnson manhunt

Feds get involved in Johnson manhunt

There are 53 comments on the Evening Sun story from Dec 12, 2008, titled Feds get involved in Johnson manhunt. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Michael L. Johnson Jr. Purchase reprints of Evening Sun Photos at EveningSunPhotos.Com. A federal arrest warrant was filed and a tip line set up as authorities continued searching for a Penn Township ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
not too impressed

Westminster, MD

#1 Dec 12, 2008
This guy is a straight up loser
Bubba

Harrisburg, PA

#2 Dec 13, 2008
Run Forrest, Run
Firepolicer

Roxbury, PA

#3 Dec 13, 2008
Maybe we will ( the taxpayers) get lucky and the Feds will kill him in pursuit so we don't have to pay to jail this guy for 20 or so years. Hope he is in Canada they hate our criminals more than our justice system does. Thye will boot his non red leaf a-- back across the border quicker than we do to the mexican's coming across ours.
Alpha man

Hyattsville, MD

#4 Dec 13, 2008
Why was he granted bail by a York Count Judge
with at the time of the bail pending rape charges in Maryland ? Hello Einstein

The people of Penn Twp elected a guy with zero education and experience to sit on the board and
the non thinkers on the Penn township board elected him the President of the board :-) laughable
hanoverian

Fannettsburg, PA

#5 Dec 13, 2008
i hope mike is caught but i think it unfair to publish his home address due to the fact that his wife, until proven otherwise is an innocent person who now has to put up with harrassment and unwanted phone calls. she is just as much a victim of her husband as these girls. maybe not in the physical aspect but in the mental and emotional stand point of it.
The Realist

Harrisburg, PA

#6 Dec 13, 2008
Alpha man wrote:
Why was he granted bail by a York Count Judge
with at the time of the bail pending rape charges in Maryland ? Hello Einstein
The people of Penn Twp elected a guy with zero education and experience to sit on the board and
the non thinkers on the Penn township board elected him the President of the board :-) laughable
I couldn't AGREE more!! Was there no one in Penn Township that had better quailifications then an education from York Vo-Tech?
Upset Taxpayer

Elliottsburg, PA

#7 Dec 13, 2008
I think the most pathetic thing about this is that Penn Twp. now has a member of America Most Wanted on their board. They can't fire him, so maybe they could use him as a rehabilitation project for our prison system!
Knowledgable 1

Middletown, PA

#8 Dec 13, 2008
The Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't AGREE more!! Was there no one in Penn Township that had better quailifications then an education from York Vo-Tech?
I agree with you and Alpha both.... but this guy has been on the board for 8 years. Yes, 8 years!! Alot of people saw straight through him from the start, but to the normal taxpayers, who aren't typically involved in the government operatsions, he was a hero. He baffled them with everything a taxpayer wanted to hear... "NO TAX INCREASE" Everyone thought this current board were heros because they cut $500K out of last years budget. Where did that money go? Right back into the contingency fund incase they needed it. So in the end, did they really cut money out of the budget? No! But in the news headlines and to the normal "Joe Citizen" taxpayer, they cut that money out of the budget. Looks good on paper, but in reality, it's all BS and it's his way of being a smooth talker.

MJ in my opinion definitely brought a hidden agenda with him and it's my sincere hope that the remaining 3 don't follow suit. Be in that position to better your community and not yourself. We've seen enough hidden agendas, if you aren't in it to benefit the community, GET OUT now while you can.
old resident

Gettysburg, PA

#9 Dec 13, 2008
The Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but they wouldn't vote for them cause of all the lies put out by mj and some people who didn't like what the prior board did, Hestons, Grangeville
ect. Now those same people have to pay for their votes. Sorry about that. Glad I moved out of the Twp. If I still lived there I would have voted for people on the old board, they told it like it was!!
mom in Hanover

Peru, IN

#10 Dec 13, 2008
Just a thought... has anyone put a tail on the wife??? Perhaps a tap on her phone? Someone is obviously hiding/helping him
mom in Hanover

Peru, IN

#11 Dec 13, 2008
America's Most Wanted... great... what a way to get Hanover on the map !!!
H-D Rider

Tuscaloosa, AL

#12 Dec 13, 2008
They have the kids school with cops there and on lock down and cops at the EX-wife's house for the fear of her life. He's a real whacko and who knows what he'll do. They should show his mug on Americans Most Wanted and on the news channels so more of a variety of places and people see what the pervert looks like and he is possibly armed and dangerous.
Upset Taxpayer

Elliottsburg, PA

#13 Dec 13, 2008
H-D Rider wrote:
They have the kids school with cops there and on lock down and cops at the EX-wife's house for the fear of her life. He's a real whacko and who knows what he'll do. They should show his mug on Americans Most Wanted and on the news channels so more of a variety of places and people see what the pervert looks like and he is possibly armed and dangerous.
He IS listed on Americas Most Wanted! It's a much better picture than his mug shot.
www.amw.com - look it up!
Kirk

Harrisburg, PA

#14 Dec 13, 2008
The more I hear the more questions I have about the other three buds of his. Don't know much about their experience and background, just know Johnson pushed them real hard. Maybe somebody smarter about local government can ask the right questions and get things back in order.
Out Of State Laughing

Elliottsburg, PA

#15 Dec 13, 2008
Upset Taxpayer wrote:
I think the most pathetic thing about this is that Penn Twp. now has a member of America Most Wanted on their board. They can't fire him, so maybe they could use him as a rehabilitation project for our prison system!
I don't live in Penn Twp. thank God, But I think the people that do should hold their heads up high! Tell the world u voted for him and are damn proud. What a joke you ALL have become because of this! Can any of you read? Did you plan on becoming rich from all the celebrities and wealthy that can't wait to move into your great city? Have any of you gone to the town office and DEMANDED justice? Sheep are stupid but so are you guys!
Harley Lover

Brentwood, TN

#16 Dec 13, 2008
hanoverian wrote:
i hope mike is caught but i think it unfair to publish his home address due to the fact that his wife, until proven otherwise is an innocent person who now has to put up with harrassment and unwanted phone calls. she is just as much a victim of her husband as these girls. maybe not in the physical aspect but in the mental and emotional stand point of it.
Unfortunately Hanoverian, these days whether or not his address was published it would be easy to get. Wouldn't you want to know if a rapist (serial or not) and or child preditor lived in your neighborhood? It is unfortunate that Johnson has taken his ENTIRE family down this road, any and all anger should be pointed at him. I've got friends in that neighborhood, I don't think anyone has been "harrassing" her and if they did, all she has to do is call 911. As far as unwanted phone calls...well you can't do much about that either, that's why they make answering machines and caller ID. "Innocent until proven guilty" maybe...but you mean to tell me that she hadn't a clue he was going to "run" that morning when he left the house and they've had absolutely no contact since...I find it all a little hard to believe there has been no creditable sightings, no pleading from family or lawyer, and from the sounds of what you're saying she is coming and going from the house...I think I would have gotten my personal belongings and would never darken that doorway again, espcially if reports are right and he's "armed and dangerous" just because you're the wife doesn't mean "armed and dangerous" would spare you from harm. I think anyone who knows or is helping him should be sentenced right along side him...not saying that SHE is, but someone has to be.
Rick P

United States

#17 Dec 13, 2008
Look over your shoulder MIke. Marshall Steve and I will run you down.
Current resident

Harrisburg, PA

#18 Dec 13, 2008
The Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
What does having an education from Vo-Tech have to do with anything????? This is a person who obviously made poor choices!!!~ The president went to Yale & made poor choices.....
Upset Community Resident

Harrisburg, PA

#19 Dec 13, 2008
Being a neighbor of Mike Johnson, I'm angry, sad, and disappointed all at the same time. I am a highly educated individual finishing a PHD (for those who decided to say that Penn Township residents are non educated) who was not here to vote for Mike or put him in this position. But I agree, I do not think education has anything to do with his actions, would it have made it any better if he went to Harvard? Mike made poor poor decisions that changed his life and his entire family's life, forever. His wife and his children are all suffering in some way, and these are the people we should keep in our thoughts. We are suffering as a community, as I can personally tell you all that I feel very uncomfortable going outside with this serial rapist on the loose. I have children and it's scarey how he's changed our feeling on safety. If his family is reading these posts, we are praying for you all! Being here in the area, watching the news reporters comb the streets knocking on doors, and watching this all unfold, we know how much you must be suffering. What matters now is catching him and putting him in the place that he belongs so we can all breathe again.
Larry

Middletown, PA

#20 Dec 13, 2008
Current resident wrote:
<quoted text>
What does having an education from Vo-Tech have to do with anything????? This is a person who obviously made poor choices!!!~ The president went to Yale & made poor choices.....
This President didn't rape 3 drug addicts. Maybe President Clinton did though!

Seriously, this guy is sick and needs to be behind bars. He WILL rape again! It may be your mother, wife or your daughter next time! He is desperate!

Education doesn't have anything to do with a person making poor choices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Windsor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jack Bowden and Susan White-Bowden (Feb '07) Jun 16 Will Dockery 5
Silver Oak Academy Prison School (Feb '10) May '16 Maryland born and... 25
Problems Mount For SILVER OAK ACADEMY Owner O... (Mar '15) May '16 Truth and wisdom 9
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) May '16 PFC Jones 19
Westminster City Water Hardness Mar '16 rreed2000 1
Internet providers Jan '16 Andrew 1
melissa pavlovec (May '12) Nov '15 deeballz 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Windsor Mortgages