Posted in the New Vienna Forum

Searching

AOL

#1 Jun 5, 2008
would new vienna be a good place to raise a child
Roger Travis

AOL

#2 Jun 9, 2008
No is the answer. We moved to New Vienna from Columbus Ohio. We lived there one year and put the "For Sale" sign out.

We were told by several people that "outsiders were nor welcome." As if that wasnt bad enough we had problem after problem. My beautiful sunflowers that were in front of my house were cut completely to the ground . The worst was when I went into my garage and found a dead cat that someone had put in my bucket of oil.
These type problems were on an ongoing basis. The teenagers have no place to gather and have fun so instead they walk the streets and destroy peoples property.
The police department could have cared less and could do nothing sbout it. Of course the police department did not have enough help so they cant be entirely blamed. Im not even sure if they even have any police there anymore.
Many of the properties in New Vienna are in need of repairs. The town looks very run down and not a place to impress .
I will say that I was very lucky to have two fine neighbors that made my short stay worthwhile.
We were so miserable and ready to simply abandon the house if it didnt sell. It took one year to sell and believe me I took a loss!!
The old folks in the city counsel need to welcome the new young folks and listen to fresh ideas. The young people are the ones with children and would know exactly what the town needs. But believe me the old counsel members will not listen . I tried.
So my answer is that this town is not a good place to raise a child. There is nothing there for children .
rebelproud86

Peapack, NJ

#3 Nov 18, 2010
it was a nice town when i was a kid, seems like after the sewer went in the town went down hill bad, its a shame, i grew up there and had so much fun as a kid, but, thats life, people and kids have no respect anymore, not just new vienna, thats anywhere sorry, but i wouldnt raise my kid there, 30 years ago i wouldve

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Vienna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shawn Dunn... working for the police (May '13) 3 min Jeremy wilson 55
downtown "crosswalks" 2 hr wrong 4
harley culp 4 hr Gross 44
John b 10 hr Packageholder 1
Jordan dehaas 14 hr Curious 1
Mad Mothers Against Drugs 18 hr YeraRetard 127
Wanted: Unused college textbooks 19 hr That1Person 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Vienna Mortgages