Basking Ridge's Slow Return With Powe...

Basking Ridge's Slow Return With Power, Services

There are 2 comments on the Patch.com story from Nov 3, 2012, titled Basking Ridge's Slow Return With Power, Services. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Thousands of homes are expected to continue to come online through this weekend, with the township website quoting estimates that another 2,228 customers will receive power on Saturday, and an estimated 1,622 will be back online by Sunday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Justin

New York, NY

#1 Nov 3, 2012
Wait, JCP&L reported that zero people got power back in Bernards, 60 in Bedminster, 151 Bernardsville, 150 in Branchburg, zero in Far Hills, zero in Geenbrook, 327 in Hillsborough, and 756 in Warren, then another goose egg in Watchung. This is not even half of the over 2200 estimated for today. These numbers comes from the Governers website. This doesnt leave me optimistic for tomorrow. JCP&L sucks.. thanks so much. Wish we had a choice to go with PSE&G they seem to be releasing more information and have more progress. JCP&L should just ask for help but no, they prefer to make everyone suffer and move slowly.
Mom

Baltimore, MD

#2 Nov 4, 2012
My son, daughter in law and my 4 yr old granddaughter live in Warren. Two trees fell on the property and they stayed in the basement for fear of a tree falling on the home. There are downed wires....they STILL have NO power. There were two calls made about those downed wires, no one has come out yet. Thankfully, my DIL and granddaughter are staying at my parents about 40 mins south. My son sometimes stays, but many times is still up at that house. Now, there is another storm approaching this week. The ground is saturated enough, NJ doesn't need any more rain. I am fearful of more trees falling, and more power lost. I know there is major work to be done, but this is a very long time. I really expected with downed wires, that they would attend to them quickly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ice office in newark 6 hr pugs 1
Police officer injured Fri pugs 2
Looking for someone Wed Pam 1
News NJ public schools can teach religions just don'... Apr 14 Mohamed the SOB 1
News Allegations of Islam Indoctrination in Public S... Apr 10 Simran 3
mountain creek resort Apr 4 David 1
News Understanding Islam: Sundays, March 19, 26 and ... Mar '17 Chriss 2

New Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Vernon Mortgages