Booya

New Tazewell, TN

#113 Jan 27, 2010
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
no actually it just burns me to no end that these teenagers and half the adults on here can't spell worth a lick and here they are talking about going to a club and in my opinion they should be in school learning to read and write and then when they have at least learned to spell decently then have fun at the clubs but GET AN EDUCATION FIRST!! Wish I was an english teacher cause if I had half of these people in my class they would be held back a few years until they learned to spell which is something you learn in kindergarten now a days.
What about punctuation ??? LOL You should talk.
rollin

Tazewell, TN

#114 Jan 28, 2010
toxic teen club supports teen smoking by giving away a free pack of smokes to underagers who can provide valid proof they do not yet have ID because they are too young.
concerned citizen

New Tazewell, TN

#115 Jan 28, 2010
jane wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it's called protecting my kids, not sheltering or secluding them right now I do not know a thing about this place and now a days taking a chance could prove fatal and I would much rather have my kids safe then not have my kids at all.
I understand you want to protect your children but keeping them under your thumb all the time sometimes ends up blowing up in your face because when they get older they tend to go wild at the hint of freedom. as far as safety you can be driving down the road and get hit head on by a drunk driver at anytime. my husbands cousin works there and i can assure you the kids there are safe. just remind your children especially girls to go to the bathroom in groups and hope that everything youve taught them stays in their mind.
concerned citizen

New Tazewell, TN

#116 Jan 28, 2010
rollin wrote:
toxic teen club supports teen smoking by giving away a free pack of smokes to underagers who can provide valid proof they do not yet have ID because they are too young.
There is no way smokes are given out to the children there. Either someone has lied to you or youre making things up. If you believe that then maybe you need to go check the place out. I do know that security is very strict there and drug dogs are there frequently to check the place out. The kids are much safer there then they ever were at the skating rink or riding around town.
been there done that

Tazewell, TN

#117 Jan 29, 2010
well ive been ther and for all yall that say it boring u have to make it fun.its very controled security is EVERYWHERE and nothin bad will happin 2 yur kids they have dominoz pizza, drinks and the snacks r cheap and its something for your kids to do and get out of your hair 4 a few hours
msthang

Tazewell, TN

#118 Jan 29, 2010
I know what i'm talking about. This club is a very fun and nice place for a fact. You guys can think what you want too, but that club is the only fun thing here in this small town. The only thing good we ever had they took out. (skating ring) It's boring here in this old small town, kids have nothing to do. This club was a great idea for kids under 17. The owner is Andy Harmon, great kid. I do understand why people are concered, but you can take my word or not. let your kids actualy have a break and enjoy the fun. People i know love and enjoy this club. Have fun with your life knowing you wouldn't let your kids have the most fun of their life.
mom

Tazewell, TN

#120 Feb 3, 2010
i agree w/ amber. if you're worried about dark corners, educate your children. trust me, i was a teen once, it doesn't take a dark corner, if you're gonna do something, you'll find a way.
jane

Jackson, KY

#121 Feb 3, 2010
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>I understand you want to protect your children but keeping them under your thumb all the time sometimes ends up blowing up in your face because when they get older they tend to go wild at the hint of freedom. as far as safety you can be driving down the road and get hit head on by a drunk driver at anytime. my husbands cousin works there and i can assure you the kids there are safe. just remind your children especially girls to go to the bathroom in groups and hope that everything youve taught them stays in their mind.
who said that I keep my kids under my thumb at all times, I trust my kids it is everyone else's I have to worry about. I just think everyone saying it is safe doesn't make it safe. I dont agree that a teen club is the right place for kids to hang out, it is pretty much getting them ready for the crs and mustang and clubs like that in the future and those too are places that I will teach my kids not to be a part of....it's nothing but trouble.
yes

New Tazewell, TN

#122 Feb 3, 2010
Why don't these kids go hang out at churches. There's youth groups that do things all the time. That would be more of a better thing to teach them. The church on main street even takes the kids to concerts with awesome music.
Becky

Tazewell, TN

#123 Feb 4, 2010
Maybe some kids aren't religious. Not every kid wants to go to a youth group. This club is a great place to go with a group of friends and just have fun.
niece of sassi

New Tazewell, TN

#124 Feb 19, 2010
sassibritches wrote:
<quoted text>
I think its great! I know that there is nothing for kids to do in this area but go to Middlesboro to the movies. They need a hang out close to home. With the sign in and out sheet it sounds very safe and secure. Lets get behind them and support something positive in this town for a change. If you want to keep your teenagers sheltered and secluded then keep them home. In order for them to socialize you have to take changes until proven otherwise and allow them to experience this new hang out and be with there friends.
thats right you tell em!! this is a very fun and safe environment for any kid...i enjoy going regularly!
weeping willow

United States

#125 Feb 24, 2010
teen club!!! not too good

Since: Dec 09

hollywood CA.

#126 Feb 25, 2010
jane wrote:
<quoted text>
who said that I keep my kids under my thumb at all times, I trust my kids it is everyone else's I have to worry about. I just think everyone saying it is safe doesn't make it safe. I dont agree that a teen club is the right place for kids to hang out, it is pretty much getting them ready for the crs and mustang and clubs like that in the future and those too are places that I will teach my kids not to be a part of....it's nothing but trouble.
im sorry but by the time they get old enough to go to the crs or mustang theres not a whole lot you can do but just not like it "raise a child up in the way that it should go and when they get older they will not depart from it"
simple

New Tazewell, TN

#127 Mar 4, 2010
If you don't want your kid to go, then don't let them go. My children enjoy going,and i don't see the problem with letting them go.

“*giggles*”

Since: Jan 09

Speedwell

#128 Mar 4, 2010
anyone read the article they had in the claiborne progress?
wow

Tazewell, TN

#129 Mar 14, 2010
its awsome to see those girls shake it:)

Since: Dec 09

Tazewell, TN

#130 Mar 27, 2010
I'm 16 and I'm not going to pay money to sit and listen to music when I can do it at home.

And plus, I'm to busy working on my car.
parentof4

Tazewell, TN

#131 Apr 7, 2010
simple wrote:
If you don't want your kid to go, then don't let them go. My children enjoy going,and i don't see the problem with letting them go.
i, as a parent of four kids like having somewhere that I feel safe taking my kids to do something fun for their age. I have saw the Tazewell Police Department doing walk thru's. I also know that if there is any odd behavior, the person is questioned and banned from the club period. I hope Andy and Blake keep up the good work.
Kim Jolly

United States

#132 Apr 7, 2010
I think its a wonderful thing Andy and Blake have done. When I was young there was nothing to but either cruise around and find yourself in things that's not good. The truth is that we can not keep our children under our wing all the time. My daughters and I talk about the dangers of drugs, alcohol, and sex. They have both vowed an agreement to God that to abstain from sex and in doing so we found a website called silverringthing.com you can purchase silver rings in your support to ur children, one for u and them. My girls and I have an open honest relationship and we talk and not hide the things that kids can do. This place is a positive step in teaching our children that fun can happen without sex and all the other stuff. I would love to b involved in such a wonderful thing.

Since: Dec 09

Tazewell, TN

#133 Apr 7, 2010
Kim Jolly wrote:
I think its a wonderful thing Andy and Blake have done. When I was young there was nothing to but either cruise around and find yourself in things that's not good. The truth is that we can not keep our children under our wing all the time. My daughters and I talk about the dangers of drugs, alcohol, and sex. They have both vowed an agreement to God that to abstain from sex and in doing so we found a website called silverringthing.com you can purchase silver rings in your support to ur children, one for u and them. My girls and I have an open honest relationship and we talk and not hide the things that kids can do. This place is a positive step in teaching our children that fun can happen without sex and all the other stuff. I would love to b involved in such a wonderful thing.
Yeah, the selfish pride of being abstinate. you go supermom! Lmao.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Tazewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
newtazewell fire department 3 hr Come find out 37
toby hatfield is gay (Feb '09) 5 hr want to know 9
Howard Johnson.. England's plant 8 6 hr Coworker 4
Who is the most honest machanic around here? If... 7 hr NonTimeboMala 1
looking for a place to rent 7 hr virginia 1
Amy Dennison is a lying theiving JUNKY wh*re 9 hr Cat Herder 11
women who like to steal husbands 11 hr Lucy 4
More from around the web

New Tazewell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]