United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Judged:

On Thurday afternoon someone turned HCA in for not having a permit from the state that they were not aware they needed. From the very first discussion about the event they had addressed verifying there was nothing needed and to the best of their knowledge everything was fine. As noted in the paper, all cake walks, bingo, and raffles are technically illegal in TN without a permit; HCA was just the lucky school that was enlightened in an unkind manner :-(.
to Bad

Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Judged:

what was the big deal about it i thought it was a great ideal but you know some of the people in claiborne county if they cant think of it and run it its not a good ideal so sad they stoped them I was looking foward to it
Hello kitty

New Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

:(
WOW

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
On Thurday afternoon someone turned HCA in for not having a permit from the state that they were not aware they needed...
If this is indeed true....then....

WOW....what a snide, cowardly, vicious thing to do.

And you KNOW the type of person who would do this, too.

One of those nasty, bitter people who are (by reflex, no matter what)...gonna make some smart comment about "hypocrites" or something like that, any time someone mentions anything related to a church.

If they were REALLY concerned about the "rules being followed," they would have contacted whoever was having such an event (in this case HCA)...and just mentioned it to them....so the rules could then be followed, if that was, supposedly, this person's "concern."

But no, this person had wait, hiding in the shadows....and ruin all the planning and work...by springing it at the very last minute.

Does anyone know if it is possible to find out WHO did this? Often, in things like this, the accuser HAS to provide their name, etc. and it's a matter of public record.
hmmmm

Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Judged:

If the duck race was illegal without a permit, wasn't it better to have it cancelled pn short notice instead of going on and everyone attending being fined, or worse?
And, why would you all insinuate that someone purposely waited just to ruin the income of these organizations? I understand why people might think HCA doesn't deserve money from the public, but the volunteer fire stations need all the funding they can get. I don't think anyone in this town is cold-hearted enough to want to take away from the fire department.
WOW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Judged:

hmmmm wrote:
.... I understand why people might think HCA doesn't deserve money from the public...
Your response and its tone have provoided a pretty clear explanation of what happened.

The only question that remains is how possible it is to find out WHO this bitter, PETTY, cowardly, person is.

I only hope that reports of this nature are public record and require the accuser to be identified.
hmmmm

Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Why does it have to be a bitter, PETTY, cowardly person?
yeah

Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

hmmmm wrote:
If the duck race was illegal without a permit, wasn't it better to have it cancelled pn short notice instead of going on and everyone attending being fined, or worse?
And, why would you all insinuate that someone purposely waited just to ruin the income of these organizations? I understand why people might think HCA doesn't deserve money from the public, but the volunteer fire stations need all the funding they can get. I don't think anyone in this town is cold-hearted enough to want to take away from the fire department.
Because this is good ole Claiborne county for you
yeah

Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response and its tone have provoided a pretty clear explanation of what happened.
The only question that remains is how possible it is to find out WHO this bitter, PETTY, cowardly, person is.
I only hope that reports of this nature are public record and require the accuser to be identified.
they said last name was Lee not to many of those around here
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Yes, being cancelled before was better; but, do you really think the person just found out about it the day before? Also, if your concern was breaking the law, why wouldn't you just let the school know directly. I am also interested as to why you would think HCA wouldn't deserve money from the public? The parents there pay their taxes that go to the public schools and don't benefit the kids at HCA and many work two jobs so they can send kids somewhere that holds to higher moral standards than the public schools.
hmmmm

Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Anonymous wrote:
Yes, being cancelled before was better; but, do you really think the person just found out about it the day before? Also, if your concern was breaking the law, why wouldn't you just let the school know directly. I am also interested as to why you would think HCA wouldn't deserve money from the public? The parents there pay their taxes that go to the public schools and don't benefit the kids at HCA and many work two jobs so they can send kids somewhere that holds to higher moral standards than the public schools.
Because it is the parent's choice to send them to a PRIVATE school. Where they don't have to follow the state funded rules on teaching, so they shouldn't get state money for their school. If they wish to work 3 or 4 jobs to send their children to private school, that's their business, but don't come crying to me that it is too expensive. Or that their children require special treatment because they go to a private school. It is my opinion that people that send their children to private school think they are better than everyone else. Public school is a great equalizer. Besides, HCA begs money everywhere. Especially at churches where public schools are not allowed to ask for money from.
So U Agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>...so they shouldn't get state money for their school. If they wish to work 3 or 4 jobs...
OH...so you AGREE. Private schools should not get public funding...SO....the parents of those students, LIKEWISE, should NOT have to pay for the Gov't schools (through their taxes).

I agree too. That's only fair, right?
hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>...people that send their children to private school think they are better than everyone else...
Oh great swammy mind-reader, would you please go to Vegas with me and read the dealer's mind at the black-jack table? I'll pay your way and we'll split the winnings !
hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>...Especially at churches where public schools are not allowed to ask for money from...
Of course! They get so little money from the Gov't now (haw). Oh yeah, they really SHOULD be in the churches asking for more.
hmmmm

Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

If my taxes pay for something that I choose not to take advantage of, then I will not whine about having to pay for the alternative. I will not go around begging others to pay for it, and I will not expect to pay less taxes because I am CHOOSING not to take advantage of the free item. If everyone would just stop whining and start doing our world would be a better place.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Well, perhaps you could look at it this way. Whatever your personal religion, or lack there of; if the public schools prohibited your children from speaking of or practicing it and then promoted an agenda that taught against what you were instilling in your own children; would that concern you? No one is whining about how much it costs, but how can you fault Christians for trying to raise their children as advised by scripture and asking other Christians through the church (as is Biblically mandated) to assist in this. As Christian brothers and sisters we are ultimately supposed to help each other honor God and have you ever considered that many of the parents sending their kids to HCA are sponsoring kids from broken and low income homes so they aren't lost in the public system?
Anonymous2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

How does sending your kids to a place where they can pray and be taught morals and about Christ make you snooty? Yes, the public schools are a great equalizeer - to the lowest standards in many cases. We are to be a peculiar and separate people, not like everyone else. We are not supposed to accept teenage sex, drugs, disrespect and such as acceptable behavior. If you give up new cars, bad habits, new clothes, etc. so as to be able to try and raise your children as good Christians; why is that snooty? Also, is the Christian community not lifted up and served by kids raised in this manner? I hurt for public school teachers and what they have to endure; that has to be one of the most difficult jobs on the planet and it has been made worse by the rapid moral decline of our society.
Well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Aren't the HCA parents "doing" something about the many issues our children have by taking their kids out of a system that is failing society's children?
Ummm - Well

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

hmmmm wrote:
...take advantage of the free item...
Ummm....that's kinda the whole POINT here.

*whisper*(it's not free)
No Dogs in the Fight

Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is indeed true....then....
WOW....what a snide, cowardly, vicious thing to do.
And you KNOW the type of person who would do this, too.
One of those nasty, bitter people who are (by reflex, no matter what)...gonna make some smart comment about "hypocrites" or something like that, any time someone mentions anything related to a church.
If they were REALLY concerned about the "rules being followed," they would have contacted whoever was having such an event (in this case HCA)...and just mentioned it to them....so the rules could then be followed, if that was, supposedly, this person's "concern."
But no, this person had wait, hiding in the shadows....and ruin all the planning and work...by springing it at the very last minute.
Does anyone know if it is possible to find out WHO did this? Often, in things like this, the accuser HAS to provide their name, etc. and it's a matter of public record.
This is true unfortunately. It was done in a very cowardly manner and the person who did it did NOT have the best interest of the school or the precious children who go there at heart. It was a personal vendetta or just plain old hateful and mean.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the New Tazewell Forum right now

Search the New Tazewell Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 5 min Bayless 140,496
David Kell Construction 1 hr zana 3
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr WTH 8,896
How many Atheist are in Claiborne County? 12 hr Ptaerehsahh 37
Kayla Gilbert 15 hr really 2
Kendra Singleton 15 hr really 3
County election 16 hr same 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

New Tazewell Jobs

•••