Sidetracks - Forget the limo, senior ...

Sidetracks - Forget the limo, senior goes to prom in tractor

There are 27 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Apr 25, 2007, titled Sidetracks - Forget the limo, senior goes to prom in tractor. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

Forget taking a limousine to the prom. One high school senior drove his date in a 1992 green John Deere 8760 tractor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I Ron Nick

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Apr 26, 2007
Awwww! How romantic! All to win a bet with his country friends too! "Here's your dandelion corsage pumpkin."
Taking back the streets

Denver, CO

#2 Apr 26, 2007
Great for our environment!
impressed

AOL

#3 Apr 26, 2007
I love the imagination at work here! We need more creative people like this guy!!!
Deb

Monroe, LA

#5 Apr 26, 2007
I think of the movie "Footloose".
I would definitely have gone! What fun!
Out of the norm and a guy who could make something even more memorable.
dnb

Minot, MA

#6 Apr 26, 2007
"She thinks my tractor's sexy.....
it really turns her on.....
gotta love country music...haha
justin

United States

#7 Apr 26, 2007
Unknown wrote:
That Krazy Farm Hick!!!!!!! You are out of your Mind. I wouldn't have been his date, that cheap Motherfuck#@&!!!!Anything for a Dollar, i guess.
Well Unknown. This little QUOTE you wrote just shows how ignorant you really are. Prom should not be about how much money your date spends on you. it's about a lasting memory and having a good time. I guarantee this couple will never forget this date.
justin

United States

#8 Apr 26, 2007
Country boys will survive!! I'am sure glad to see a story like this, finally a kid in the news that uses his head to think of something fun and out of the ordinary to do instead of shooting up or blowing up his school. Thanks to the his and hers parents for letting this all happen.
Curly Q

United States

#9 Apr 26, 2007
Seems like it atractored her,it would be remembered over all the other limos,and all reunions that ride will be remembered easily.

Since: Apr 07

Parker, CO

#10 Apr 26, 2007
They should have arrested him for polluting our air with all that high sulphur content diesel.

IRAQ...Level it or Leave it.
Don't feed the aliens.
MandyM

United States

#11 Apr 27, 2007
I feel that all he was trying to do was be romantic. If the girl had any problems with it, she wouldn't have gone. By the way you wrote your message I would say you were pretty cheap. You didn't even bother to try and use decent language. I would take a man on a tractor over a dick with a dirty mouth. I am guessing that you live in the city huh?
MandyM

United States

#12 Apr 27, 2007
To unknown again: I completely agree with Justin. They probably will never forget this date. I wouldn't. I just moved here from Sandy, OR, A small "hick town' about 45 minutes E of Portland. My ride to prom. My date's 92 subaru wagon. Nothing wrong with that. we went to an awesome dinner and the dance was great too. just because you sit a girl down in a limo doesn't mean you are any better than a tractor. besides, limos are overrated.

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Forest Park, GA

#13 Apr 27, 2007
This is not his,

But you can own it for

$65000

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/detail.a...
Hold your head HIGH

Denver, CO

#14 Apr 27, 2007
Captain Nemo wrote:
They should have arrested him for polluting our air with all that high sulphur content diesel.
IRAQ...Level it or Leave it.
Don't feed the aliens.
Do you even know what you are talking about? Give me a break and get yourself a clue! This is the least of your worries trust me...we are not going to die from tractor fuel moron! And as for all of you "city folk" that choose to bash us "hicks," you should think twice before you open your mouth and post your thoughts. If it weren't for us your ass wouldn't have any food, clothes, or most everyday items. GUESS what? The 2% of farmers that still remain in this country feed each and every one of you every day, so quit complaining because people are different. People who have never left the big city limits should be thankful that there are still farmers out there who work harder every day than most of you do on a daily basis! ROCK on kid...you drive you tractor to prom and hold your head high with pride!
David

Boulder, CO

#15 Apr 27, 2007
These tractors represent a large investment to a farmer. Most cost quite a bit more than your average limo, and usually have at least as good amenities inside. After all, the farmer has to spend all day, every day, for several weeks in it, so it had better be comfortable! Kudos to this boy for thinking up a unique and memorable way to take his date to the prom, and point out what's really important about the event -- the memories!
justin

United States

#16 Apr 27, 2007
MandyM wrote:
To unknown again: I completely agree with Justin. They probably will never forget this date. I wouldn't. I just moved here from Sandy, OR, A small "hick town' about 45 minutes E of Portland. My ride to prom. My date's 92 subaru wagon. Nothing wrong with that. we went to an awesome dinner and the dance was great too. just because you sit a girl down in a limo doesn't mean you are any better than a tractor. besides, limos are overrated.
Way to go MandyM you tellm. Thanks again for being down to Earth there needs more people like us.
justin

United States

#17 Apr 27, 2007
Hold your head HIGH wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even know what you are talking about? Give me a break and get yourself a clue! This is the least of your worries trust me...we are not going to die from tractor fuel moron! And as for all of you "city folk" that choose to bash us "hicks," you should think twice before you open your mouth and post your thoughts. If it weren't for us your ass wouldn't have any food, clothes, or most everyday items. GUESS what? The 2% of farmers that still remain in this country feed each and every one of you every day, so quit complaining because people are different. People who have never left the big city limits should be thankful that there are still farmers out there who work harder every day than most of you do on a daily basis! ROCK on kid...you drive you tractor to prom and hold your head high with pride!
Thanks man it is sure nice to see that there are still people in this world that are thankful and appreciate what the AG community does for this country.
Crys

Utica, KY

#18 May 8, 2007
I say way to go guys!! I'm sure your night was special and memorable!! Keep being creative we need more of that sprit.
Sarcastic

Fort Collins, CO

#19 May 8, 2007
Captain Nemo wrote:
They should have arrested him for polluting our air with all that high sulphur content diesel.
IRAQ...Level it or Leave it.
Don't feed the aliens.
I suppose you'd have me arrested for polluting the air with my diesel engine 1985 Mercedes? And guess what, this is 2007, CO has switched over to diesel with a much lower sulfur content. By the way, my car passes the required yearly emissions tests.
Melvin

Denver, CO

#20 May 9, 2007
What a Hick.

I bet he didn't get lucky that night like the limo jocks.
Deb

Monroe, LA

#21 May 9, 2007
Melvin wrote:
What a Hick.
I bet he didn't get lucky that night like the limo jocks.
I bet he got even luckier! He isn't a follower! What a great night for both of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Rockford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Too much family at Cenex (Apr '16) Apr '16 concerned citizen 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Dako... (Oct '10) Mar '15 Nidoe 25
News Foster County Zoning Board Rejects Dairy Farm Plan (Mar '08) Mar '15 nothing but the f... 6
News Escaped Inmates Caught in Dickinson (Oct '14) Dec '14 Love-hurts31 9
Debra Lynn Rhinehart 1996 (Feb '11) Mar '14 Ginger 4
Oprah OWN (Mar '11) Mar '11 Aramist 60
News Mad cow worry prompts recall of North Dakota bi... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Sisyphus 14

New Rockford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Rockford Mortgages