#2805 Feb 24, 2011
Chuck Hays wrote:
Anybody know Rob Petrie?
80 Bonnie Meadow Dr. NR
Pumpertwo

AOL

#2806 Feb 24, 2011
tcc wrote:
yes i played some there in the early 70"s...u want bolongia & chees or cheese & bolongia sandwich..hehehh..T.C.
I racked up a few balls there 50's - 60's.
Squire

Ossining, NY

#2807 Feb 24, 2011
Anyone remember Lola's on Huguenot St. Lola and her husband ran it and they had two kids. What ever happened to them? It was a restaurant and ajoining bar. Kind of a dive but appropos for the neighborhood.
tcc

Colonial Heights, VA

#2808 Feb 24, 2011
i saw a google ref. of nicks pool room .it"s attached to facebook.I went to that address to read further.All i can come up with is my face boo home page..any advice?? T.C.
New Rochelle Guy

Brooklyn, NY

#2809 Feb 25, 2011
tcc wrote:
i saw a google ref. of nicks pool room .it"s attached to facebook.I went to that address to read further.All i can come up with is my face boo home page..any advice?? T.C.
I had the same issue...I used to almost live in Nicks back in the day until he sold it to someone named Richie.
tcc

Colonial Heights, VA

#2810 Feb 26, 2011
yeah, i recall.nicks went down after 74...but still hung out there after..
nexus

Tuckahoe, NY

#2811 Feb 27, 2011
he sucked,
peacepipe

Bronx, NY

#2812 Feb 27, 2011
Angela Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I met Lord Nicholas Bingham Wheeler when I was temporarily living in England. Can you tell me more about him please? I need this information as he has proposed a business venture.
hi Angela, if you are able to get through or contact Mr Bingham-Wheeler would you kindly let me know how you fare? Been trying to make contact for a year or so. please email me at: greg_b "at" mac "dot" com -- thanks!
New Rochelle Guy

Passaic, NJ

#2813 Feb 27, 2011
peacepipe wrote:
<quoted text>
hi Angela, if you are able to get through or contact Mr Bingham-Wheeler would you kindly let me know how you fare? Been trying to make contact for a year or so. please email me at: greg_b "at" mac "dot" com -- thanks!
He is still there on Laurel...on the left going down the hill with the white large rocks in front of his house.
family member

Fairport, NY

#2814 Feb 28, 2011
Purple Wave - I would like to hear more stories about Henry. He was a fantastic person and a wonderful father. Please write back.
tcc

Colonial Heights, VA

#2815 Mar 5, 2011
i dont get it nexus,hehehh,maybe your saying u didnt like nick..I can understand that,...nick was indeed a charachter out of his own comic strip..T.C//..i used to have a cue up there with my initials carved into it..that made it my custom cue..didnt have much cash in those day"s..T.C.
New Rochelle Guy

Brooklyn, NY

#2816 Mar 7, 2011
tcc wrote:
i dont get it nexus,hehehh,maybe your saying u didnt like nick..I can understand that,...nick was indeed a charachter out of his own comic strip..T.C//..i used to have a cue up there with my initials carved into it..that made it my custom cue..didnt have much cash in those day"s..T.C.
I forgot about that....I had a locker...still have the key...do you remember Tommy Cestone, Richie Julia, Sal Lepera, Mount Vernon Tommy....all the boys...or is this Tommy?
tcc

Colonial Heights, VA

#2817 Mar 7, 2011
u still have your key:hehehh,I also kept a cue ball and a cue stick in one of those lockers..I forgot all about the locker shelf..Yeah,i remember those guy"s .Tommy used to come there from mt. vernon jst to play me...Whats your name??ill take two guese"s ...Al, or anthony...let me know..TC.
New Rochelle Guy

Brooklyn, NY

#2818 Mar 7, 2011
tcc wrote:
u still have your key:hehehh,I also kept a cue ball and a cue stick in one of those lockers..I forgot all about the locker shelf..Yeah,i remember those guy"s .Tommy used to come there from mt. vernon jst to play me...Whats your name??ill take two guese"s ...Al, or anthony...let me know..TC.
No I am Steve..(English guy)....If youre Tommy...you, I think a guy Anthony (small Italian with a moustache) and me went to Cue Lounge one night on Gunhill road to play.

Remember the Billiard table all the way in the corner near the street side?

Remember the crazy blond who used to hang around with Nick.

Also..another character..was an older man named Louie..always wore a suit and a hat, small grey hair...he was a great player but his problem he would go nuts sometimes and start yelling religous things at the top of his lungs.
Peacepipe-Riverd ale NY

Newark, NJ

#2819 Mar 8, 2011
Lost In The 50s wrote:
For any of you who might be interested go to:
" http://video.google.com/videoplay...
5754691102285286275#".
This is about a 15 minute video..narrated by two old time New Rochelleans ( one is former Fire Chief Walter Bell)... it was taken from the front of a trolley car back in the early 1930's and goes down Main Street.. onto North Avenue.. etc. Lot's of interesting commentary.. but you probably have to be an old timer yourself to fully enjoy it
that's just unbelievable--thanks very much for sharing that. I grew up in NR in the late 60s and through the 70s and had no idea these films existed. I was interested a bit in NR history a bit as a kid but never saw 'live action' movies from the old days. I can't believe what a bustling town it was in the 30s. Just bubbling w/ shops and activity on the street, a real city feel, not like a suburb that it became by the time I was around. I had to dig around a bit for the video, your link was cut off. Here's a link: http://video.google.com/videoplay... #
tcc

Colonial Heights, VA

#2820 Mar 10, 2011
New Rochelle Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am Steve..(English guy)....If youre Tommy...you, I think a guy Anthony (small Italian with a moustache) and me went to Cue Lounge one night on Gunhill road to play.
Remember the Billiard table all the way in the corner near the street side?
Remember the crazy blond who used to hang around with Nick.
Also..another character..was an older man named Louie..always wore a suit and a hat, small grey hair...he was a great player but his problem he would go nuts sometimes and start yelling religous things at the top of his lungs.
..anthony is an old frnd of mine, I rember the billiard tble,mostly in bad shape,I can remember elaine (if thats who your refering to)I liked her,I"d go to the cue lounge in mamaranek, nt so mch the brnx.Good billiard tble ,and gold crowns..and good players...
tcc

Colonial Heights, VA

#2821 Mar 10, 2011
oh, yeah I"m Tommy C.
New Rochelle Guy

Brooklyn, NY

#2822 Mar 11, 2011
tcc wrote:
oh, yeah I"m Tommy C.
Great to talk to someone I actually remember...me and Anthony used to hang around at Saxon Woods pool back in the day.
Elaine..yes, I actually liked her as well...nice person.
I didnt go to the Cue loungue in Mamoroneck all that much but I do remember Mickey (Eberle?).
Remember High Pockets on North ave near Main st..I was just a kid though but I remember it.
tcc

Colonial Heights, VA

#2823 Mar 11, 2011
yeah,barely..i walked in when i was 9 maybe and was told i couldnt stay..(high pockets)..yeah i remember mickey..,the cue in mamareneck was a comfortable nueteral atmosphere..so some good matches were played there ,i learned alot from those players ..So your steven the (english guy)I cant place your face steve..
New Rochelle Guy

Passaic, NJ

#2824 Mar 11, 2011
tcc wrote:
yeah,barely..i walked in when i was 9 maybe and was told i couldnt stay..(high pockets)..yeah i remember mickey..,the cue in mamareneck was a comfortable nueteral atmosphere..so some good matches were played there ,i learned alot from those players ..So your steven the (english guy)I cant place your face steve..
LOL....I remember you, clear as a bell....no worries.

Mickey the cue....man the trouble I had with him later when I was the bartender in the Roosevelt across from the old library.....he was a great player (I think he played Jimmy Caras and beat him if I remember correctly), anyway he used to come into the bar doing the drunk act and win one and two dollars from all the hippies on the bar table......but he was a good player.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Rochelle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the best kind of Dip? (Dec '08) 5 hr Harry5 189
ADOPTEEs' One Fell Swoop Campaign - SIGN the Pe... 9 hr joanNYadoptees 1
News NYPD Daily Blotter (Jun '11) 21 hr Teema 7
Make new friends & nsa Thu Jayman814 1
lufthansa greece Wed A GR 1
the disco days of the past (Mar '08) Wed Bartri 55 87
News Queens Will Get Its First Real Shake Shack Next... Jun 29 Hahaufunny 1
More from around the web

New Rochelle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE