Since: Jul 09

Stillwater, PA

#2744 Nov 25, 2010
Same to you Harold and all those from new Rochelle!

Last night, I was thinking the the Thanksgiving Eve Parade that used to be the biggest parade of the year in NR. How I loved that parade as a kid.
patti

Stratford, CT

#2745 Nov 25, 2010
wasnt there a christmas parade when santa came to arnold constable's????
New Rochelle Guy

Brooklyn, NY

#2746 Nov 30, 2010
Peacepipe-Riverdale NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, Bob Polo -- was he the one with hearing aids or was that the son? I once stole a few singles from their cash register and feel bad about it to this day. I was a stupid teenager testing the boundaries. Wish I could go back and undo some of those moves but I can't so that's that.
Thanks very much for the update on "Lord" Bingham-Wheeler, that means a lot to me, amazing to know he's still around and I guess doing OK.
What about Frostop, remember that joint, with those two fat brothers who ran the place? Great hangout till a bad element took over, some bad kids, and the place went downhill. How old are you New Rochelle Guy? I was born in '63, lived on Poplar Pl. from about 1968-1980.
I was born in 54 but came to New Rochelle in 66..I remember those two guys at Frostop...I was working at the RKO and used to sometimes go there for a burger or right next door there was a pizza place called Nona Theresa...and its funny because before that it was a hot dog shop and when the pizza place opened they left the giant hot dog mural on the wall and painted it over with a Sicilian countryside setting...but it was shaped like a hot dog.

Since: Jul 09

Stillwater, PA

#2747 Dec 1, 2010
patti wrote:
wasnt there a christmas parade when santa came to arnold constable's????
Yup! He used to land in the AC parking lot in a helicopter. That was pretty exciting as a kid back in those days.

Since: Jul 09

Stillwater, PA

#2748 Dec 1, 2010
New Rochelle Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born in 54 but came to New Rochelle in 66..I remember those two guys at Frostop...I was working at the RKO and used to sometimes go there for a burger or right next door there was a pizza place called Nona Theresa...and its funny because before that it was a hot dog shop and when the pizza place opened they left the giant hot dog mural on the wall and painted it over with a Sicilian countryside setting...but it was shaped like a hot dog.
I remember Nona Theresa next to RKO quite well. There was a better pizza shop though one block west(?) on main called Almalfi's, between Maple and Pintard. We used to hang out there quite a bit in the early 70's.
New Rochelle Guy

Brooklyn, NY

#2749 Dec 2, 2010
Bayview wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember Nona Theresa next to RKO quite well. There was a better pizza shop though one block west(?) on main called Almalfi's, between Maple and Pintard. We used to hang out there quite a bit in the early 70's.
I remember that place only slightly...When I started tending Bar at the Roosevelt across from the old library someone would always go and get a pie.
Always A New Your Gal

Severn, MD

#2750 Dec 2, 2010
Bayview wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember Nona Theresa next to RKO quite well. There was a better pizza shop though one block west(?) on main called Almalfi's, between Maple and Pintard. We used to hang out there quite a bit in the early 70's.
Thanks for that flash back! Remember it well. We too hung out there in the early 70's. Good pizza. Several years back, when in NR stopped on the Shore Rd and had good pizza from Pizza Centre.
peacepipe

Canada

#2751 Dec 2, 2010
Always A New Your Gal wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that flash back! Remember it well. We too hung out there in the early 70's. Good pizza. Several years back, when in NR stopped on the Shore Rd and had good pizza from Pizza Centre.
I was a regular at Nona Teresa - I was about 11 or 12 and was real character back then (mid 70s)...still am I suppose... That pizza place is still there on Shore Rd but the quality doesn't seem to match the 'old days'
New Rochelle Guy

Brooklyn, NY

#2752 Dec 3, 2010
peacepipe wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a regular at Nona Teresa - I was about 11 or 12 and was real character back then (mid 70s)...still am I suppose... That pizza place is still there on Shore Rd but the quality doesn't seem to match the 'old days'
Are you talking about a Pizza place near the A&P that used to be next to Hackers bakery, near Eddie Fishers house and the old Sinclair Johnnies station its been a while since I even went by there
Carol424

Newburgh, NY

#2753 Dec 6, 2010
Christmas in the 50's - 60's in NR... what a great time back then.. Main Street decorated -Arnold Constables and Bloomingdales - the best smelling stores around and their windows beautifully decorated. The Green Church had the Nativity set up in the front of the Church in the archway entrance and they had live animals there for a time. Cornelius was the caretaker there.
Fond memories...

Since: Jul 09

Stillwater, PA

#2754 Dec 6, 2010
Remember the huge decorations they hung across Main St. and part of North Avenue with theose giant red and white bells and the star in the middle? And, there were beautifully lit Christmas trees at either end of Main St where it meets up with Huguenot (by the old library and the armory).
Mad Money

Brooklyn, NY

#2755 Dec 6, 2010
barney wrote:
anyone out there from 309 - 311 North Ave.?
I lived in 309 when I was a kid from 1970-1977.
New Rochelle Guy

Brooklyn, NY

#2756 Dec 6, 2010
Carol424 wrote:
Christmas in the 50's - 60's in NR... what a great time back then.. Main Street decorated -Arnold Constables and Bloomingdales - the best smelling stores around and their windows beautifully decorated. The Green Church had the Nativity set up in the front of the Church in the archway entrance and they had live animals there for a time. Cornelius was the caretaker there.
Fond memories...
I used to like going into Schraffts on Main Street..old world teahouse feeling.
Chuck Hays

Colcord, OK

#2757 Dec 6, 2010
Anybody know Rob Petrie?
Always A NY Gal

Severn, MD

#2758 Dec 6, 2010
Carol,Bayview and NR Guy, New Rochelle had a way of making the holidays come alive. Windows decorating, animated figures waving and wishing a happy holiday to all. You could stare at them for hours.Wasn't there a decorated tree at Memorial Hwy and Main St.? I have not found that warm holiday feeling anywhere accept NR/NY.
Sweet memories!!!
Always A NY Gal

Severn, MD

#2759 Dec 6, 2010
Mad Money wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in 309 when I was a kid from 1970-1977.
Refresh my memory, what is 309 North Ave near? And are you really in Massapequa like it shows?
Barney

Raritan, NJ

#2760 Dec 7, 2010
Always A NY Gal wrote:
<quoted text>
Refresh my memory, what is 309 North Ave near? And are you really in Massapequa like it shows?
309 - 311 North Ave is near the corner of Garden St - opposite the entrance to the Railroad Station
New Rochelle Guy

Brooklyn, NY

#2761 Dec 7, 2010
Always A NY Gal wrote:
Carol,Bayview and NR Guy, New Rochelle had a way of making the holidays come alive. Windows decorating, animated figures waving and wishing a happy holiday to all. You could stare at them for hours.Wasn't there a decorated tree at Memorial Hwy and Main St.? I have not found that warm holiday feeling anywhere accept NR/NY.
Sweet memories!!!
Yes...not quite the same is it in 2010
huh

Malone, NY

#2762 Dec 7, 2010
what
Carol424

Poughkeepsie, NY

#2763 Dec 9, 2010
Chuck Hays wrote:
Anybody know Rob Petrie?
Dick VanDyke and MTT. loved that show.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Rochelle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
just Annette murderer said mom evil female 2 hr Annette murder er 1
Just Annette mom said is all she is was add mur... 2 hr Annette murder er 1
59yrs old Annette Marion stalker and murders mom 4 hr Annette 1
59 ugly Annette Marion real age psychological mess 4 hr Annette 1
News 50 Drug Trafficking Suspects Arrested In New Ro... 13 hr Hudson Park Guy 2
human rights activist (Aug '14) May 22 333STENBRIAN 2
News NY Woman Arrested for Serial Fraud (Jun '14) May 20 shame on YOO 10
More from around the web

New Rochelle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]