which one to go to ?
Tired of Waiting

United States

#2 Jan 9, 2009
Ma Mama's. It is top notch.
Just me

Baton Rouge, LA

#3 Jan 9, 2009
Go to Camile's in Erwinville. It's awesome!
FRED

Port Allen, LA

#4 Jan 9, 2009
BIG BOYS GET THE FRIED CHICKEN
JOE

Port Allen, LA

#5 Jan 9, 2009
Don't get the buffet @ Benny's

Since: Jan 09

Doyline, LA

#6 Jan 9, 2009
Satterfields , has a nice view of the river and good food, Morels also has good food and a close up view of the River , and Ma Mammas has really really good food. :)
IamMEme

Livonia, LA

#7 Jan 9, 2009
Just me wrote:
Go to Camile's in Erwinville. It's awesome!
Camille's use to be good, not anymore, besides you have to wait an hour for your food. My husband got his 47 minutes after we ordered they forgot my order when I finally got it , it ws cold, they put it in the microwave to heat it up..NOT GOOD FOOD OR GOOD SERVICE. AND QUITE PRICEY!! Try, Morel's chicken mandarin salad with the raspberry vinegarette dressing , soooo good...
Chad

Covington, LA

#8 Jan 9, 2009
Yeah, Camille's is going down hill. Don't know if I'll be back. Last few times I was in there the food took much longer than it should and the service was sub par to say the least. And I can only take so much of seeing that guy in there that owns the place. All he does is drink beer and pull tens out of the register all night for the poker machines. He should go table to table and make sure everyone is happy, but then he would have to hear people bitch.

Now, with all that said, the hamburger steak is a good bargain and it is kick ass. As long as you order it to go and not have to sit there and deal with the service.

Way to pricey for what it is, but convinient though.
Aging Too

Walker, LA

#9 Jan 9, 2009
Chad wrote:
Yeah, Camille's is going down hill. Don't know if I'll be back. Last few times I was in there the food took much longer than it should and the service was sub par to say the least. And I can only take so much of seeing that guy in there that owns the place. All he does is drink beer and pull tens out of the register all night for the poker machines. He should go table to table and make sure everyone is happy, but then he would have to hear people bitch.
Now, with all that said, the hamburger steak is a good bargain and it is kick ass. As long as you order it to go and not have to sit there and deal with the service.
Way to pricey for what it is, but convinient though.
They changed the recipe for the charbroiled shrimp. Definitely NOT as good. Some of the waitresses there are very good, some not so good.
minsky

AOL

#10 Jan 9, 2009
Morel's for the Bayou Bleu Po Boy...Georgia is such a snob, though. Has good waitresses, especially Lauren.
IamMEme

Livonia, LA

#11 Jan 10, 2009
Friend of mine says she went to Popeyes in New Roads to get fried chicken. She went in the inside because she said there was a sign that said "COME IN". She was going to order white meat spicy. This is what she got back as a reply. WE aint got no breastes and we outta wangs. My friend asked "what do you have" she said we got some ties and a few fries. Then my friend asked how long will it take to get breastes and wangs,the worker replied "as soon as Sharika is off her break". She left!

This is really sad, but reality for that place. She went to BigBoys and said they have better chicken and service anyway.
Home Boy

Silver Spring, MD

#12 Jan 10, 2009
B & A had the best Etouffee.
howboutthat

Livonia, LA

#13 Jan 10, 2009
I must say I took the family to Joes in livonia last night and the food was amazing. Just as good as it was when the Majors had it. I had something called the house favorite sampler and my wife had the crab cakes. will definitely go back on thursday nite for raw oysters. Not too keen on satterfields or morels though.
IamMEme

Livonia, LA

#14 Jan 10, 2009
WE have been wondering about Joe's. Have been wanting go go but didnt know anything about the food..Thanks we will also get to Joe's.

Try BigHeads in Grosse Tete, good food...
Chad

Covington, LA

#15 Jan 10, 2009
howboutthat wrote:
will definitely go back on thursday nite for raw oysters.
Are the oysters on sale on Thursday's? Or do you just want to go there to get oyster's? I have been looking for a place with good raw oysters on sale. The new Acme oyster house on Perkins is good, but they are like $11/dozen and I can put down 3 dozen without blinking.
IamMEme

Livonia, LA

#16 Jan 10, 2009
I saw the sign once, and it said, oyster night, Thursday. I think Don's has a raw oyster night. They were good, not skimpy like Camiles.
hey

Folsom, LA

#17 Jan 10, 2009
Chad wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the oysters on sale on Thursday's? Or do you just want to go there to get oyster's? I have been looking for a place with good raw oysters on sale. The new Acme oyster house on Perkins is good, but they are like $11/dozen and I can put down 3 dozen without blinking.
most places that does a special are usually .35 cents on the half shell.used to be .25 cents i ate some at the acme in new orleans and they were not very good. camiles use to have really good ones but its been about a year since i've been there and ate oysters.
plowboy

Baton Rouge, LA

#18 Jan 10, 2009
IamMEme wrote:
WE have been wondering about Joe's. Have been wanting go go but didnt know anything about the food..Thanks we will also get to Joe's.
Try BigHeads in Grosse Tete, good food...
I haven't been to Joe's since it has been under me ownnership, but I do know the owners. I have heard the food is good but kind of pricie don't know that for sure though. The owners are Bobby Webber and his sister Linda,she works for Star Telephone, she used to work at Camile's.
Alphonse

United States

#19 Jan 10, 2009
plowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't been to Joe's since it has been under me ownnership, but I do know the owners. I have heard the food is good but kind of pricie don't know that for sure though. The owners are Bobby Webber and his sister Linda,she works for Star Telephone, she used to work at Camile's.
Joe's can't be too much, meme passed it up to go get all you can eat catfish last night a canazaro's.
hey

Folsom, LA

#20 Jan 10, 2009
plowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't been to Joe's since it has been under me ownnership, but I do know the owners. I have heard the food is good but kind of pricie don't know that for sure though. The owners are Bobby Webber and his sister Linda,she works for Star Telephone, she used to work at Camile's.
how long has Joes been under new owners?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Roads Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Couhig Slush Fund 21 hr Nora on the pole 16
News Family members of Derrick Todd Lee's victims se... Sun GeauxGirl 21
Wakefield Dollar Store Jun 23 Hihopes 10
Think there should be a red light by sonic or nah? Jun 21 225 fel 27
Jarreau's off the Hook Jun 21 Jack 6
Rod Dreher is on the cover of the latest Greate... (Apr '13) Jun 21 identifies as cochon 578
Casket- st Augustine cemerony pulled out mausoleum Jun 19 Boss 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Roads Mortgages