big billboard on false river

big billboard on false river

Posted in the New Roads Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
new low

Livonia, LA

#1 Dec 31, 2012
Well,the new welcome to new roads sign on our beautiful false river,the size of a freeway sign,will tell us all how to contact a personal injury lawyer.Its located on la. 1 past parlange on the river side,hard to miss.Boy,we are sure allowing our beautiful and historic town to be an advertisement for lawsuits and look trashy.I would want to start a business here,not.They sure were sneaky,it was being put up today,ironically its probably gonna be o.k. since we surely don't have a regulation against it.Somebody that knows where our police jury rep. is should tell them to take a ride.Wonder how that big board might effect the neighbors property value.What a great view of the lake.I wonder what will be on the other side?A casino sign or possibly one of the public service signs about alchohol or gambling addition.It a beauty clark.
Wilson

New Roads, LA

#2 Dec 31, 2012
You're right, it sucks! I wonder who owns that piece of land? Someone pulled the wool over the jurys eyes. They talk a good game but, they don't play at all. Kind a sounds like the way that lying Bud Torres operates, I wouldn't be surprised if he has something to do with it!
low rider

United States

#3 Jan 1, 2013
new low wrote:
Well,the new welcome to new roads sign on our beautiful false river,the size of a freeway sign,will tell us all how to contact a personal injury lawyer.Its located on la. 1 past parlange on the river side,hard to miss.Boy,we are sure allowing our beautiful and historic town to be an advertisement for lawsuits and look trashy.I would want to start a business here,not.They sure were sneaky,it was being put up today,ironically its probably gonna be o.k. since we surely don't have a regulation against it.Somebody that knows where our police jury rep. is should tell them to take a ride.Wonder how that big board might effect the neighbors property value.What a great view of the lake.I wonder what will be on the other side?A casino sign or possibly one of the public service signs about alchohol or gambling addition.It a beauty clark.
this parish gets what it deserves . There's a lot of money hungry people here . They inherited all they have and act like they are better than others . No reflection on you I hope it's not near your house. You have a handful of people here that run this place . They need one in the middle of town
ugly sight

Livonia, LA

#4 Jan 1, 2013
It does seem a little contrived that the sign seems to be finished dec. 31 and on new years eve.They must have the benefit of being grandfathered in to have found workers on new years eve to finish and put up the billboard while many would not notice till it was up.The one thing the parish had left was a beautiful drive in on la. 1.
Grow up

Port Allen, LA

#5 Jan 20, 2013
Y'all people need to stop blaming others for your miserable lives. It seems you hate life so much and you want others to hate their life as well. Your mood swings are not important to anyone but you, expecially not the concern of the Sherriff or the police jury. I think it's hilarious that all anyone could say Is how bad they wanted Paul Raymond out of office, now y'all talking about how bad y'all want Bud gone!!! Give me a break
what

Livonia, LA

#6 Jan 20, 2013
What does your statement have to do with the "sue me lawyer ugly sign defacing false river? I'm confused and you seem to have been on the wrong post.I don't hate my life,maybe you hate yours and thats ok,but i do have the right to disagree with the ugly sign and hope the police jury will block further signs.
New Roadian

Baton Rouge, LA

#7 Jan 21, 2013
Things were going swimmingly for New Roads until this particular billboard was put up. THIS will be our downfall.

Get real.
congradulations

Livonia, LA

#8 Mar 12, 2013
I applaud the police jury for acting on restrictions for placing freeway signs on false river road.Maybe they could declare both sides of this road a senic highway and include the other side of the rivers road also.Its sad to see such a sign that more or less promotes lawsuits for pointe coupee business's.These lawsuits and the lawyers that promote them are killing american business in all areas.I wish that lawyers were never allowed to advertise as they were in the past.With all the laws protecting the entitled ,the rest of us are paying out the nose for our insurance to finance some people who are now career entitled professionals.I wonder how attention defisit disorder is relative to adults who don't work,especially when they have no attention problem with playing the system.Here's another check for adults now that most of their children are over 18 and get to ride the train themselves and control their own entitlement checks.It's sad when there are many truly disabled out there who need help.
BuzzBuzz

Denham Springs, LA

#9 Mar 12, 2013
Sounds like some local lawyers are scared of some real lawyers.
Time

Jarreau, LA

#10 Mar 14, 2013
congradulations wrote:
I applaud the police jury for acting on restrictions for placing freeway signs on false river road.Maybe they could declare both sides of this road a senic highway and include the other side of the rivers road also.Its sad to see such a sign that more or less promotes lawsuits for pointe coupee business's.These lawsuits and the lawyers that promote them are killing american business in all areas.I wish that lawyers were never allowed to advertise as they were in the past.With all the laws protecting the entitled ,the rest of us are paying out the nose for our insurance to finance some people who are now career entitled professionals.I wonder how attention defisit disorder is relative to adults who don't work,especially when they have no attention problem with playing the system.Here's another check for adults now that most of their children are over 18 and get to ride the train themselves and control their own entitlement checks.It's sad when there are many truly disabled out there who need help.
The lawyers in this parish sure don't need any signs with bud as sherrif
Spider

New Roads, LA

#11 Mar 14, 2013
Quite frankly, I don't care what is on the billboard! It is an eyesore and is destroying the view of False River. It needs to come down!!! TACKY!
Brissae

Benton, AR

#12 Mar 15, 2013
I figure if it's your land, you can put anything you want on it.
New Roadian

French Settlement, LA

#13 Mar 16, 2013
This is America. Mind your own business.
Spider

New Roads, LA

#14 Mar 17, 2013
New Roadian wrote:
This is America. Mind your own business.
Oh, I forgot. This is America where it is OK for you to have your opinion, but not for me. Sad!
seriously

Zachary, LA

#15 Mar 17, 2013
Anybody who would hire a lawyer in new roads to sue a newrodian is CRAZY.They all work together.lmfao
New Roadian

Baton Rouge, LA

#16 Mar 17, 2013
Spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I forgot. This is America where it is OK for you to have your opinion, but not for me. Sad!
No, this is America where a person can put a billboard on his or her land if he or she chooses to do so. If you want people to respect your right to an opinion, you have to respect his right to install a billboard.
congradulations

Livonia, LA

#17 Mar 18, 2013
I hope you get a nice big sign facing your house so you can enjoy your neighbors right to put up an ugly sign right in your face.I wonder how well your house will sell when the time comes and guess what.no buyer wants or appreciates this sign but you'll be free to enjoy it forever.
New Roadian

Baton Rouge, LA

#18 Mar 18, 2013
congradulations wrote:
I hope you get a nice big sign facing your house so you can enjoy your neighbors right to put up an ugly sign right in your face.I wonder how well your house will sell when the time comes and guess what.no buyer wants or appreciates this sign but you'll be free to enjoy it forever.
Your home will be worthless soon anyway if they let False River continue to die. Priorities.
truth

Livonia, LA

#19 Mar 19, 2013
Nobody complained when thousands of acres of farm land from a local was drained into the lake and deposited all the silt that actually killed off bottom plants and put pesticides and chemicals from the never befor drained farmland into the lake.Where were you then.That was the catalist for the death of the lake.They will study this to death and spend all the money to correct it on studies as usual with no corrective action.Why aren't you working on that or is just complaing working for you.
New Roadian

Baton Rouge, LA

#20 Mar 19, 2013
truth wrote:
Nobody complained when thousands of acres of farm land from a local was drained into the lake and deposited all the silt that actually killed off bottom plants and put pesticides and chemicals from the never befor drained farmland into the lake.Where were you then.That was the catalist for the death of the lake.They will study this to death and spend all the money to correct it on studies as usual with no corrective action.Why aren't you working on that or is just complaing working for you.
Because I'm not trained as a scientist.

Judging by that jumbled mass of text, neither are you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Roads Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump's Performance as you see it so far. 12 hr PC Native 57
Asian beetles? Thu Captain Covfefe 5
wfhs football team Thu wf parent 3
anyone know mark guidroz? From island rd (Aug '15) Thu Blackwidow 2
Anybody Know What This Proposed Ordinance Does? Dec 11 Tea 3
scared or not? Who has a STD ? Dec 11 Justme 6
Good news Dec 10 countrylad 4

New Roads Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Roads Mortgages