United States

#1 Aug 13, 2012
Why do they get away with this
Get Real

Denham Springs, LA

#2 Aug 13, 2012
1 mad person wrote:
I have heard that some people that receive food stamps try to sell them to shoppers in Winn Dixie for the cash.
For Sure

Jarreau, LA

#3 Aug 13, 2012
1 mad person wrote:
I want to know the same thing! The no working trash walks around the store with kis hanging all over, a basket full of meat and seafood, talking on an iphone, and then when you follow them out of the store they are loading up a Lincoln Navigator with all the food you and I just paid for! The low lifes need to be drug tested to be able to recieve food stamps!!! They all know who they are!!!

Since: Aug 12

Baker, LA

#4 Aug 13, 2012
I receive food stamps. I am a single mother, I lost my job a few months ago, not proud if it but I do what I need to do to make sure my kids don't go hungry. I agree that there should be drug testing, I don't anything is wrong with it. I also think that you should have to show proof that your are seeking employment or training/education as well. I do understand that there are people that due to health are unable to work and do rightly need help. Further I think all these kids having babies getting food stamps is wrong. They live at home, pay no bills and should be in getting at least a GED to be able to go to work to support themselves and child/children. People abuse the system and this abuse stops those that truly need help from getting it. For myself, I hope to be back to work soon and be able to do all on my own again and unfortunately back to paying for the abusers as well!
Just Me

Springfield, LA

#5 Aug 13, 2012
For Sure wrote:
The low lifes need to be drug tested to be able to recieve food stamps!!!
That would be nice ... if it worked. Florida tried it on welfare recipients. It ended up costing taxpayers more than it saved.

Louisiana could easily implement a way to stop LPC fraud the way it is done with the state tax returns, but Jindal is too busy spending your tax dollars on school vouchers.
Yourmama

Denham Springs, LA

#6 Aug 14, 2012
If they are dumb enough to give food stamps blindly to anyone who asks -why not take advantage? Where do you go to get them? I want some free stuff too!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#7 Aug 14, 2012
A person with a food stamp card should have to show a picture I.D. when he uses the card. It would cut down on a lot of people buying a hundred dollars worth of food stamps for fifty bucks like I witnessed just the other day. Just that would help. What the hell are people thinking now days?
Free Stuff

Denham Springs, LA

#8 Aug 14, 2012
Yourmama wrote:
If they are dumb enough to give food stamps blindly to anyone who asks -why not take advantage? Where do you go to get them? I want some free stuff too!
Me too! How much can you get?

Woodsman_1

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9 Aug 14, 2012
NOTFADEAWAY wrote:
A person with a food stamp card should have to show a picture I.D. when he uses the card. It would cut down on a lot of people buying a hundred dollars worth of food stamps for fifty bucks like I witnessed just the other day. Just that would help. What the hell are people thinking now days?
That's the key to the whole situation. The card itself should contain a picture ID. Picture Id is already required but do you think when you swipe a card at wal-mart or any grocery store these days in these times someone(a cashier) is going to question the validity of an approved transaction?
Great post. Put the picture ON the card!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#10 Aug 14, 2012
Woodsman_1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's the key to the whole situation. The card itself should contain a picture ID. Picture Id is already required but do you think when you swipe a card at wal-mart or any grocery store these days in these times someone(a cashier) is going to question the validity of an approved transaction?
I agree, I can't remember the last time I was asked for and Id when I used my debit card or credit card. It's a shame that when those that really need help for a short period of time can't get help because of all the users that abuse it and refuse to get out and do something for themselves, ones that are selling their stamps claim people as dependents that don't live with them like other familys kids and use the cash they get for drugs and drinking even gambling!! Makes me sick!! I have seen some that really needed the help but were refused, and seen those that don't need it get it!!
onceinalifetime

Baton Rouge, LA

#11 Aug 14, 2012
oh,but the big timers be out there buying them.people like us buy within our budgets and as bad as some of us need food stsmps we will never get theem.you have to be single with children .their daddies do not work so mama enjoy staying home laying up with her triflin ass.and lets not talk about how much they get.every baby they get wic too and foodstamps for the newborn.how much can these little childredn eat.i got it noe the system is designed to helpthem sell it
Just Me

Springfield, LA

#12 Aug 14, 2012
Woodsman_1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's the key to the whole situation. The card itself should contain a picture ID. Picture Id is already required but do you think when you swipe a card at wal-mart or any grocery store these days in these times someone(a cashier) is going to question the validity of an approved transaction?
I agree. Something like this would be good, but then you'd get arguments from the conspiracy theorists and their RFID nonsense and somehow it would all be tied into the Illuminati.

I've had enough conspiracy theories to last a lifetime after coming across some guy from here who thinks Obama and Lil Wayne drugged the shooter in Colorado then brainwashed all us mindless dolts and planted Holmes at the scene. I don't know if I can handle anymore.

Back to the ID idea, though ... I think that would also solve voter ID issues. When people register to vote, get a picture to go with their registration card. No more complaining from the left or the right. FREE voter ID cards WITH pictures for everyone eligible. Then we're back to that whole RFID thing, though.
For Sure

Jarreau, LA

#13 Aug 14, 2012
onceinalifetime wrote:
oh,but the big timers be out there buying them.people like us buy within our budgets and as bad as some of us need food stsmps we will never get theem.you have to be single with children .their daddies do not work so mama enjoy staying home laying up with her triflin ass.and lets not talk about how much they get.every baby they get wic too and foodstamps for the newborn.how much can these little childredn eat.i got it noe the system is designed to helpthem sell it
The daddies are not gonna work and he and the mama keeps producing cuz the more kids the more welfare they are gonna get!!!!! And they got it made with the medicaid cards! They go in to the doctor for every little illness they get just so that medicaid will pay! The more they get the more they want!
develope

Baton Rouge, LA

#14 Aug 15, 2012
you said it for sure.i get so tired of working and have to see these welfare people who do not receive anything but need it all so bad.veterans who have to go all thwe way to no to get treatment and to br to get medicine,no housing signs for food.what happen to figh for your country and proud as you go in but wwhen you come out alll saddle up you on your own.this is bullshit.they made it too easy for these people.18 yrs old they will have a baby.and we have to pay for it.go to get their hair and nails done every week.i cannot.got to stay on the budget
Soup Kitchens

Denham Springs, LA

#15 Aug 15, 2012
Instead of food stamps we should have soup kitchens open to the public. Three meals a day served.
Les

Denham Springs, LA

#16 Aug 15, 2012
Soup Kitchens wrote:
Instead of food stamps we should have soup kitchens open to the public. Three meals a day served.
They would never leave.

Woodsman_1

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#17 Aug 15, 2012
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Something like this would be good, but then you'd get arguments from the conspiracy theorists and their RFID nonsense and somehow it would all be tied into the Illuminati.
I've had enough conspiracy theories to last a lifetime after coming across some guy from here who thinks Obama and Lil Wayne drugged the shooter in Colorado then brainwashed all us mindless dolts and planted Holmes at the scene. I don't know if I can handle anymore.
Back to the ID idea, though ... I think that would also solve voter ID issues. When people register to vote, get a picture to go with their registration card.
No more complaining from the left or the right. FREE voter ID cards WITH
pictures for everyone eligible. Then we're back to that whole RFID thing,
though.
Don't want to stray too far off subject but I agree with the voter ID concept.
Lord knows I've had enough of conspiracy theories. You have no idea.
I know you were serious, but that post made me lol.
....can you just see all dem peepuls having to do the same thing at the registrar of voters office <look good> all over again. Like at the DMV....
Needs Help

New Roads, LA

#18 Aug 15, 2012
Soup Kitchens wrote:
I currently am in need, but I am too proud to ask for help. I am a single (due to domestic violence) of 3, and I am eligible. I work 2 jobs and don't sit on my behind all day. However, last time I applied, I was denied bc of a college education. I am not putting myself through that again. A soup kitchen may solve the food stamp abuse problem, but for someone like me, I couldn't put my children through that. It's not as if it matters though, bc I'm don't fit the "right" requirements. Sadly...the system fails people who are sincere and genuinely need a little temporary assistance.
Needs Help

New Roads, LA

#19 Aug 15, 2012
Needs Help wrote:
<quoted text>I currently am in need, but I am too proud to ask for help. I am a single (due to domestic violence) of 3, and I am eligible. I work 2 jobs and don't sit on my behind all day. However, last time I applied, I was denied bc of a college education. I am not putting myself through that again. A soup kitchen may solve the food stamp abuse problem, but for someone like me, I couldn't put my children through that. It's not as if it matters though, bc I'm don't fit the "right" requirements. Sadly...the system fails people who are sincere and genuinely need a little temporary assistance.
*I don't
1 mad person

Ventress, LA

#20 Aug 16, 2012
I'm calling the office in the morn and turn some ppl in I had enough we should start putting there names on here cause they nothing but low life S.O.B'S

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Roads Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump - How's He Doing? 4 hr Slim Jims Baby Se... 2
Divorce attorney 5 hr Oscardude 1
Anna Kent 10 hr NRhelper 1
Childhood memories of False River. (Feb '09) Fri Stacey 101
Pointe Coupee Schools Jan 18 Dr Pablo Escobar 2
Possum proclaims parish poor Jan 18 Easy peasy 33
Shooting at Jim's trailer park Jan 17 Island cowman 7

New Roads Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance