pointe coupee general
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
just a neighbor

New Roads, LA

#1 Apr 3, 2011
this is becoming a joke in this area. if you have a heart attack,broken bone or even a cut finger they will refer you to baton rouge. the prices that they charge are ungodly. exactly what type of services do they offer besides billing?
BrokenMeds

Tempe, AZ

#2 Apr 3, 2011
I don't even go there, they have a problem with your privacy. If you even go for a blood test, the results are on the street before you are. Like I said I don't go there, take me straight to B.R., that's where you going to end up anyway. The one thing that gets me is, when a doctor sends you to PCG for blood work and/or xrays, they look at the results and send you to B.R. where they do the blood work and xrays all over again. I agree about the pricing, if you make a mistake and go there for something serious, you made need to refinance you house to pay them, then you go to B.R. and you're broke.
Totally Amused

Denham Springs, LA

#3 Apr 3, 2011
just a neighbor wrote:
this is becoming a joke in this area. if you have a heart attack,broken bone or even a cut finger they will refer you to baton rouge. the prices that they charge are ungodly. exactly what type of services do they offer besides billing?
The nickname for the PCG is Band Aid Station. That should answer your question. If you have any thing more serious than a Band Aid don't even stop. Get to Baton Rouge fast as you can. I could tell you some horror stories that would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up!
Totally Amused

Denham Springs, LA

#4 Apr 3, 2011
Sorry for double post. My net is acting up.
citizen

Saint Francisville, LA

#5 Apr 3, 2011
I agree I say lets close the place down and go on to Baton Rouge. Baton Rouge isn't that far away and you may have to wait quite a while but you will get what you want. The people in Plaquemine have done fine without a hospital.
brad.

Livingston, LA

#6 Apr 3, 2011
Point coupee general is befor the biggest joke in Louisiana. You are better off letting a crack head help you with your problems. Everyone there is there just for a pay check and pass the time of life. What is the business's and company's of point coupee parishes coming to?
Totally agree

Saint Francisville, LA

#7 Apr 3, 2011
citizen wrote:
I agree I say lets close the place down and go on to Baton Rouge. Baton Rouge isn't that far away and you may have to wait quite a while but you will get what you want. The people in Plaquemine have done fine without a hospital.
Your chances of living triple in a life threatening situation if you pass the PCG going 120 MPH, jumping ahead of 6 cars at a time, running every red light, and flipin off every St. Trooper you pass to OLOL over on Essen Lane!! LMAO!

“La Grimasse!!”

Since: Mar 07

Ventress

#8 Apr 3, 2011
they literally drove my wife's blood pressure down to where she could have died a few weeks ago.

if I hadn't yelled at a doc and nurse to get their asses in there and do something, I might be a widower...

i'm not a suing dude but man, i'd own that place

Since: Mar 10

New Roads

#9 Apr 4, 2011
A few years ago they told my husband he was constipated and gave him a bottle of stuff to drink to make him "go" when he got home. He didn't "go" for three days. Turns out he was actually having a gall bladder attack.
Totally Sad

Denham Springs, LA

#10 Apr 4, 2011
Another Story; I know the PCG is not where you would want your wife to have a baby, but a friend of mind and his wife couldn't make it to Woman's in BR. The baby was born so fast they had to stop. Everything was fine with wife and baby. Little girl about 7lbs. They held her, fed her, etc. Next morning baby was dead. No reason. No body knew why. My buddy went ballistic. Wife went over the edge. I'll never forget that.
Okk

United States

#11 Apr 4, 2011
Totally Sad wrote:
Another Story; I know the PCG is not where you would want your wife to have a baby, but a friend of mind and his wife couldn't make it to Woman's in BR. The baby was born so fast they had to stop. Everything was fine with wife and baby. Little girl about 7lbs. They held her, fed her, etc. Next morning baby was dead. No reason. No body knew why. My buddy went ballistic. Wife went over the edge. I'll never forget that.
Sorry for your lost but PCG really isn't to blame for that because they DO NOT have a maternity ward and CANNOT deliver babies..........
Newroadian

Ventress, LA

#12 Apr 4, 2011
Well maybe we should close it for good. It's not their fault that they dont have a cardiac unit.
Totally Disagree

Denham Springs, LA

#13 Apr 4, 2011
Okk wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for your lost but PCG really isn't to blame for that because they DO NOT have a maternity ward and CANNOT deliver babies..........
They may not have a maternity ward, but in an Emergency a woman in Labor about to deliver may not have a choice. ANY Hospital should be equipped and prepared for any emergency. No matter what it is. If they can't at least stabilize the patient what good are they to our Parish? So let me get this straight. If my wife is having a baby and the baby is right there lets say, we just pass it by? Right? Like my above suggestion. The baby probably would have a better chance in the back of my truck after I deliver it.
Totally agree

Denham Springs, LA

#14 Apr 4, 2011
Newroadian wrote:
Well maybe we should close it for good. It's not their fault that they dont have a cardiac unit.
At one time when Dr. Hudson and her husband were practicing here they tried to bring new updated equipment to the PCG. They are the reason it has an ICU. They had many more plans that were shot down by local Doctors afraid this would invade on their nice income. Finally, the pressure of being shut out and "Black Listed" by everyone in the Doctor Click they moved to Alabama.
fuzzy

Denham Springs, LA

#15 Apr 4, 2011
Well if you talk to any of the people there, the only reason there isn't more at that hospital is because of all the people on welfare around here. That is the only reason for shutting down the maternity ward so many years ago. Welfare only pays so much and we don't have enough people with insurance to balance out the budget, so you will get what you pay for or in this case, what you don't or can't pay for.
Registered Nurse

Baton Rouge, LA

#16 Apr 5, 2011
If you are in a life threatning situation (ie, heart attack, stroke, severe bleeding, etc) then I would most definitely go to PCGH. They will stabilize you and then transfer you to where you can get more advanced care. If it's a life threatning situation, the chances of you being saved by PCGH doctors/nurses is higher than you trying to "make it" to a Baton Rouge hospital. They are located in a rural area, so they are not as equipped or technologically advanced as a bigger city, but if it's a true emergency, then they can save your life. Everyone focuses on all of the negative things that they've done, and I do agree that they have had some pretty sad cases that don't really have a good explanation, but they are here for dire emergency needs. I personally would not go to PCGH for orthopaedic, circulatory problems, and other comlicated situations that require further testing and monitoring that should be performed by a specialist, but, like I said before, if I or anyone in my family were in a life threatning situation, then I would go to PCGH for their services.

Since: Jul 10

Florham Park, NJ

#17 Apr 5, 2011
I hear and agree with all comments regarding the conditions and care at PCGH, but how can we change it to something our parish can be proud of? What letters have to be written? Who do we take this to? I want to feel comforted that there's a hospital just a few miles away for my family in case there's an emergency. I don't want to have to worry about one of my kids will going in for 5 stitches and "accidentally" come out with a missing kidney. I'd like my grandchildren born safely in the same hometown I was born in (St. Jude's). If this can't be done, tear the thing down or make it into a nice hotel and bring on a Lake 24hr Clinic, who basically does the same thing as PCGH, stabilize and ship.
I'm ready to sign a petition!
patient

United States

#18 Apr 5, 2011
Registered Nurse wrote:
If you are in a life threatning situation (ie, heart attack, stroke, severe bleeding, etc) then I would most definitely go to PCGH. They will stabilize you and then transfer you to where you can get more advanced care. If it's a life threatning situation, the chances of you being saved by PCGH doctors/nurses is higher than you trying to "make it" to a Baton Rouge hospital. They are located in a rural area, so they are not as equipped or technologically advanced as a bigger city, but if it's a true emergency, then they can save your life. Everyone focuses on all of the negative things that they've done, and I do agree that they have had some pretty sad cases that don't really have a good explanation, but they are here for dire emergency needs. I personally would not go to PCGH for orthopaedic, circulatory problems, and other comlicated situations that require further testing and monitoring that should be performed by a specialist, but, like I said before, if I or anyone in my family were in a life threatning situation, then I would go to PCGH for their services.
I agree
foryourinfo

Toledo, OH

#19 Apr 5, 2011
I really dont like when people bad mouth this hospital. The doctors that work in the ER are docs from baton rouge, the same ones that you would see if you went to the lake ER or the br general. Every doctor makes mistakes! They are only human! The only reason you hear about the pcgh making mistakes and misdiagnoses is bc it is located in such a small town but trust me it happens everywhere! The nurses at pcgh are very good, so kind and go above and beyond what is expected of them. Yes the equipment could use a little updating but when 90% of your patients are on welfare, you don't have as much money coming in. Give them a break! And learn to support your local hospital. If you want to complain, why not try to be the first person to help make a change.
Obamanation

Baton Rouge, LA

#20 Apr 5, 2011
everyone makes mistakes yes...but if a plumber makes a mistake, you get some water in your home....when a Dr or hospital makes a mistake, lives are lost

just like the military, every actions for us does not apply in military training/conflict....why, because lives are lost...same applys for health care.

if a dumb*ss pilot flys a plane and makes mistakes, do you want to fly with him...will you say oh, everyone makes mistakes...bam 200+ people are dead (your way of thinking is why this Obama hope and change BS way of thinking is bringing the world down...quick)

don't put medical care in a general category like that...mistakes happen, WTF?

this is the kinda health care thinking we get to look forward to with Obama care i guess!!!

FYI, my relative went to this hospital, was diagnosed with worms...worms now, that night had to be rushed to BR with a ruptured appendix...moments from being dead....lose someone for sh*t like that then try and defend such malpractice and sub par medical care.

but yes, i'd like to see the hospital stay, our economy, our backyard, our people....but it needs a definite overhaul and a higher level of professional care....we dont need an Earl K Long in New Roads!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Roads Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump - How's He Doing? (Jan '17) 2 hr house of cards ... 378
Christmas at the Sports Park (Nov '16) Jul 17 Honest Abe 31
Child Pornographer in St. Francisville Jul 17 Law and Order 49
st francisville top ten prettiest places to retire Jul 14 SwampIrish 11
Judge Trudy White Jul 14 Boot 1
Baton Rouge Jul 7 MLK 1
LSU baseball (Jun '09) Jul 5 The Real Thomas 4

New Roads Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Roads Mortgages