Beauregard's Department Store

Posted in the New Roads Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Citizen of New Roads

Covington, LA

#1 Jul 15, 2010
Share your thoughts about our local department store.
reason

AOL

#2 Jul 16, 2010
its one of the few that have remained in competition with walmart which is in itself a feat.i am happy to see them survive and prosper because when we shop there it supports our community and local owners. it takes hard work and good management to survive where many locally owner business have feel to the pressure of the big W.
Lil

Folsom, LA

#3 Jul 16, 2010
I like the store. I mean, it's nicer than Stage which has cheap merchandise at high prices. I like the brands Beauregard's carries and I can almost always find a sale going on there. If not for Beauregard's, then what? Anyone have a better alternative?
New Roadian

Prairieville, LA

#4 Jul 16, 2010
I shop there on a regular basis. They have good quality mdse and a nice staff. And I agree that it is good to shop locally. Better to shop there than Stage, if for no other reason that that!

They took a big chance when they expanded into the bigger store, so they could better serve the community.

We should all support the local businesses as best we can.
Islandude mobile

United States

#5 Jul 16, 2010
The only thing I don't like is that they are the only place to buy fra uniforms....collusion

I can only assume that it is the same for catholic

Other than that, I like the place

Since: Jul 10

Ventress

#6 Jul 16, 2010
Islandude mobile wrote:
The only thing I don't like is that they are the only place to buy fra uniforms....collusion
I can only assume that it is the same for catholic
Other than that, I like the place
...... Man!.... When my daughter met my sonnlaw.......that was a delusional collision!.....

Hence a collusion!!
witchy woman

Folsom, LA

#7 Jul 16, 2010
i shop there from time to time and it's good brand clothes and they are usually always on sale. Of course we have to buy uniforms there and they are expensive but I agree....much better then Stage!
sage

Baton Rouge, LA

#8 Jul 16, 2010
reason wrote:
its one of the few that have remained in competition with walmart which is in itself a feat.i am happy to see them survive and prosper because when we shop there it supports our community and local owners. it takes hard work and good management to survive where many locally owner business have feel to the pressure of the big W.
I totally agree !
Citizen of New Roads

Covington, LA

#9 Jul 17, 2010
Yes, I agree, I do enjoy their staff. They are very friendly people.
IAmMeme

Newark, NJ

#10 Jul 17, 2010
They are not any more expensive than anyone else ! You're buying quality brand name that will last ! Buy from Walmart and you are not saving anything it's cheap and it shows !! I love Beauregards and they will do everything possible to help the needs of their customers from dressware to uniforms everyday to hunting ! One stop shop and I'm supportting a family owed Pointe Coupee business ! Keep up the good work !
Wait one minute

Mason, MI

#11 Jul 17, 2010
IAmMeme wrote:
They are not any more expensive than anyone else ! You're buying quality brand name that will last ! Buy from Walmart and you are not saving anything it's cheap and it shows !! I love Beauregards and they will do everything possible to help the needs of their customers from dressware to uniforms everyday to hunting ! One stop shop and I'm supportting a family owed Pointe Coupee business ! Keep up the good work !
And if we supported more local companies ,even if they are a little higher ,more of our money would stay in the parish .
Jay Leno

Ponchatoula, LA

#12 Jul 17, 2010
I concur! Good job to the Beauregards staff.
junebug

Denham Springs, LA

#13 Jul 17, 2010
I love Beauregards, just wish they would carry more sizes...like Misses 14 or I guess I could say "big lady sizes"...not everyone in New Roads are itty bitty and wear size 0 - 6...LOL...

And yes the staff is nice/the older mature ladys, but some of those gitty high school kids that work in there need to grow up, they are their to work not play/gossip to each other and ignore the customers...

Totally dislike Stage...

Beauregard is like a one stop shop, reminds me of a store up North La called Nichols...google it cool store..even has hunting clothes/toys/black iron cooking pots, etc...
IAmMeme

Newark, NJ

#14 Jul 17, 2010
I agree about the Young girls ! Not all of them but one girl laughed in my daughters face !!! I don't think the older ladies know she I'd rude to customers !
shopper

AOL

#15 Jul 18, 2010
at least the owners are trying to train some young people. they are young and stupid until properly trained and as an employer it takes a while to make them understand working in the real world has demands. i actually commend them for hiring some of the youth as it would be much easier on them to hire experienced older workers, how will the youth learn if they cannot get a job and be trained?
Theresa

Baton Rouge, LA

#16 Jul 19, 2010
Love it!!! Has a nice variety of all types of goods -
Levis

Folsom, LA

#17 Jul 20, 2010
Great selection of everything. Everyone has always been super nice.
interesting

Maringouin, LA

#18 Jul 20, 2010
it must be convinient for local parents to be able to purchase fra clothing in new roads. they must have made special plans to provide them locally.
IAmMeme

Flushing, NY

#19 Jul 21, 2010
Special plans ??? I see it as fulfilling the needs of the community !
Islandude mobile

Flushing, NY

#20 Jul 21, 2010
Meme, you can't buy the fra logo or pattern anywhere else nor can you buy khakis at walmart to put on you kids butts...

It is an fra issue abet a minor one but is collusion still...legal just questionable ethics

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Roads Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ban on .223 ammo 1 hr Yes 26
Wanna try this just for fun!! (Mar '13) 11 hr Honest Babe 1,648
Fake Boobs for women in their late 50's 19 hr King of Okay 4
add a word, drop a word (Nov '11) Tue Honest Babe 4,025
New Roads Wal Mart Tue Lilcottoncandy 41
The Beast of the Field (Jan '09) Mon Deutschetum 158
Dr. Jason Picard Mar 1 Craig 21
New Roads Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web