Super WalMart on Hospital Road
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chad

New Roads, LA

#22 Jan 16, 2013
No, but it could be that Walmart would not make enough money to justify the expense. There are plenty of Walmarts without gas pumps. New Roads is such a little bs town I would think it would not be able to sell enough gas to pay for the expense of putting in the station and maintaining it. That's just my theory, but I would put everything I have on the reason does not have to do with some small timers from New Roads not allowing it.
onceinalifetime

Baton Rouge, LA

#23 Jan 18, 2013
thak you i got gas.CHAD is always off.like he is making a good statement.maybe the little man as you say has alot to do with super walmart.give me your story on that.you green eyed heavy hipped bastard
New Roadian

Baton Rouge, LA

#24 Jan 18, 2013
i got gas wrote:
so then why aren't they going to sell gas; it can't be cause walmart just doesnt want the extra money
There are lots of Supercenters with no pumps. You're chasing gossip where there is none to be had.
twinscreens

Denham Springs, LA

#25 Jan 18, 2013
I will still buy my gas at Exxon Station because of the excellent service. They check your tires,your battery, wipe windshields, refill water for windshields,fix flats and other services done with a smile and friendly attitude. The 'higher' gas prices affords us elders a place to get much needed help to maintain our cars. Good job, Kevin at the only full service station in New Roads.
Mark Calais

United States

#26 Jan 19, 2013
You are going to pay more for full service, but you know that going into it. There are still some folks who want full service, and therefore there is a market for it. I personally don't want it, but understand that those who want it should be able to get it if someone is willing to provide it.
MC The Genius

United States

#27 Jan 19, 2013
Mark Calais wrote:
You are going to pay more for full service, but you know that going into it. There are still some folks who want full service, and therefore there is a market for it. I personally don't want it, but understand that those who want it should be able to get it if someone is willing to provide it.
Thank you for that brilliant post!
VFC

United States

#28 Jan 23, 2013
Anyone know when the new Super Wal-Mart will be finished?

Since: Jul 12

United States

#29 Jan 23, 2013
Walmart doesn't own the Murphy USA stations. They lease a piece of their property to them. The only profit Walmart makes is the extra business they get by selling giftcards that can be used at the pumps for discounted gas.
Sue

Jarreau, LA

#30 Jan 23, 2013
VFC wrote:
Anyone know when the new Super Wal-Mart will be finished?
I was told it would open in May by a current Wal-Mart employee.
VFC

United States

#31 Jan 23, 2013
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
I was told it would open in May by a current Wal-Mart employee.
thanks
Local Resident

New Roads, LA

#32 Jan 24, 2013
today's issue of The Banner indicates it will be open for business at the end of April!
biz

Baker, LA

#33 Feb 1, 2013
It's taking them long enough !
Curious

Baton Rouge, LA

#34 Feb 21, 2013
Minksy wrote:
I can't WAIT for the new Wal-Mart to open.
I agree! Ready!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Roads Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump's Performance as you see it so far. 3 min MAGA 571
Thieves (Jul '17) Apr 23 just a neighbor 3
Poll Who is responsible for the Oil Spill? (May '10) Apr 23 Little Chung 1,013
What the deal Apr 23 aquia2 2
Austin Chalk Apr 22 Boarder 9
lori bueche (Oct '17) Apr 22 brennan 6
The Beast of the Field (Jan '09) Apr 21 Razelies 188

New Roads Jobs

Personal Finance

New Roads Mortgages