Super WalMart on Hospital Road

Posted in the New Roads Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Scooter

Denham Springs, LA

#1 Dec 31, 2012
Does anyone know if the new Super WalMart will sell gasoline?
lib 2

Maringouin, LA

#2 Jan 1, 2013
I wish, but I heard no. However, you know how rumors are
toomanybeans

Denham Springs, LA

#4 Jan 12, 2013
i heard no, also, the /shake-sniders/ don't want fuel to be low in NR's
Wilson

Ventress, LA

#5 Jan 12, 2013
toomanybeans wrote:
i heard no, also, the /shake-sniders/ don't want fuel to be low in NR's
Not the Schexnayders, Marty Lemoine is what I heard from a counil members. The Schexnayder's don't have a distributorship any more.
Mike Bonnet

United States

#6 Jan 12, 2013
Don't know either, we will see.
Mr man

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Jan 13, 2013
And u think Walmart will not sell gas because one guy doesn't want them to?
Momma Cow

Bentonville, AR

#8 Jan 13, 2013
Wilson wrote:
<quoted text>Not the Schexnayders, Marty Lemoine is what I heard from a counil members. The Schexnayder's don't have a distributorship any more.
Moooooo......
Jan

Baton Rouge, LA

#9 Jan 13, 2013
Jim Moore?
New Roadian

Baker, LA

#10 Jan 13, 2013
I have to agree with Mr man. Walmart does what Walmart wants. They are bigger than any big little man in Pointe Coupee. If they wanted to sell gas and we told them no, they would simply show us who's boss by not building a new store. Maybe even closing their current one.
evil kenivel

Oklahoma City, OK

#11 Jan 14, 2013
Jan wrote:
Jim Moore?
He's into oil and gas leases he could give a rats a$$ if Walmart sold gas
wondering

New Roads, LA

#12 Jan 14, 2013
I just don't understand why!!!!!!!!!! the prices in N R are sooooooooooo much higher than in Baton Rouge or even Circus on 190
HChampagne

Opelousas, LA

#13 Jan 14, 2013
wondering wrote:
I just don't understand why!!!!!!!!!! the prices in N R are sooooooooooo much higher than in Baton Rouge or even Circus on 190
Might not be cost effective for Wal-Mart to put in an expensive Gasoline operation. In fact, I do not see how that big store is going to be cost effective.
worried

Pearland, TX

#14 Jan 14, 2013
what do you mean "not cost effective"????

Walmart has over 8,500 stores....have you ever seen one with NO BUSINESS!

are you really questioning Walmarts business model...CMON MAN!
HChampagne wrote:
<quoted text>
Might not be cost effective for Wal-Mart to put in an expensive Gasoline operation. In fact, I do not see how that big store is going to be cost effective.
evil kenivel

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Jan 14, 2013
wondering wrote:
Highway robbery
New Roadian

Baton Rouge, LA

#16 Jan 14, 2013
HChampagne wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you worry, it'll make money for them. There are Supercenters in places smaller and more God-forsaken than New Roads. Take Jena and Oak Grove, for example.
Mr man

Bentonville, AR

#17 Jan 14, 2013
It's higher in new roads than on 190 because of higher sales on 190 and in the city than new roads and less competition. Y'all know how it works, the more u buy the less it costs.
Minksy

Oklahoma City, OK

#18 Jan 14, 2013
I can't WAIT for the new Wal-Mart to open.
Carver

Ventress, LA

#19 Jan 15, 2013
Cracker Barrell on Parlange Ln. is alwasy pretty close to Baton Rouge. Exxon is raping the people, and so is the Shell station on False River.
Chad

Ventress, LA

#20 Jan 15, 2013
I never understood why there is always cars at the pumps at Exxon in New Roads and people griping on here about the prices in New Roads when 5 minutes up the road at Cracker Barrel or Erwinville it's always cheaper. If you want the prices to go down, then stop buying gas at Exxon in New Roads, simple as that. If people don't buy the gas because it is too high, then the price will go down or the station will close. Buying gas at Exxon in New Roads and griping is like grocery shopping at Walgreens and griping about the prices. You are paying for the convenience. The owner of that station is not an a$$hole, he's a businessman and it seems like a smart one because he charges a fortune and always has customers there.

Oh, and to even think that Wal-Mart will make the decision to not sell gas because of any New Rodian telling them not to, you are smoking crack. Wal-Mart could care less what anyone in the piss ant town of New Roads thinks. Wal-Mart is bigger than any inherited land owner that thinks he's better than anyone because he inherited his great great great grandfather's land. Do you think it would be of any concern to Wal-Mart if they infringe on another gas stations fuel sales? There are Wal-Marts all over the planet running Mom and Pop's out of business everyday. Think before you speak, people.
i got gas

Denham Springs, LA

#21 Jan 15, 2013
so then why aren't they going to sell gas; it can't be cause walmart just doesnt want the extra money

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Roads Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Beast of the Field (Jan '09) 5 min SYLB 147
would you vote for paul raymond smith again? (May '09) 31 min USA man 188
New Roads mayor calls public records lawsuit po... 1 hr City Govt 90
New Roads Forum (Jan '12) 4 hr Yes 3
Wanna try this just for fun!! (Mar '13) 10 hr Betty 1,475
add a word, drop a word (Nov '11) 10 hr Betty 3,828
Jims Thu joey 27
New Roads Dating
Find my Match

New Roads People Search