New Roads Police Dept to be abolished. Deal between the new Mayor and Sheriff

Posted in the New Roads Forum

Off the press

Livonia, LA

#1 Nov 3, 2010
ATTENTION NEW ROADS CITIZENS, contact your new Mayor and tell him that you want your independent New Roads Police Department. DO NOT ABOLISH THE NEW ROADS POLICE DEPARTMENT. The new mayor and Bud Torres has been talking about the Sheriff taking over the NRPD. The new mayor will abolish the police department and pay the Sherriff to patrol the streets of New Roads. The sheriff has told Myer he does not want anything to do with Kevin Mcdonald. Therefore, Chief Kevin Mcdonald will be left without a job, including many other officers in New Roads. This will supposedly be a money saving proposition for the city. It will be a money windfall for the Sheriff who already cannot balance his budget. He cannot control or keep the morale up with the deputies he has now. EVERY ONE OF HIS DEPUTIES INCLUDING, I REPEAT INCLUDING HIS CAPTAINS ARE MISERABLE AND SAYS THIS BOAT IS A SINKING SHIP! By the way, Bud promised his support to Myer if Myer agreed to this. Tom Nelson, remember how 2 faced Bud is the next time yall want to support him.
NO RONNIE

Denham Springs, LA

#2 Nov 3, 2010
Ronnie get a life you lost!!!

Since: Jul 10

Ventress

#3 Nov 3, 2010
NO RONNIE wrote:
Ronnie get a life you lost!!!
I wasn't going to spill beans. I know one thing, you know your stuff!
Troy

Baton Rouge, LA

#4 Nov 3, 2010
"Choot em"
this is not ronnie

Baton Rouge, LA

#5 Nov 4, 2010
The original post is correct. I am not Ronnie. I am just a concerned citizen. If i was Ronnie, it still does not matter. What matters is that they are trying to get rid of our police department.
seen it

Baton Rouge, LA

#6 Nov 4, 2010
Off the press wrote:
ATTENTION NEW ROADS CITIZENS, contact your new Mayor and tell him that you want your independent New Roads Police Department. DO NOT ABOLISH THE NEW ROADS POLICE DEPARTMENT. The new mayor and Bud Torres has been talking about the Sheriff taking over the NRPD. The new mayor will abolish the police department and pay the Sherriff to patrol the streets of New Roads. The sheriff has told Myer he does not want anything to do with Kevin Mcdonald. Therefore, Chief Kevin Mcdonald will be left without a job, including many other officers in New Roads. This will supposedly be a money saving proposition for the city. It will be a money windfall for the Sheriff who already cannot balance his budget. He cannot control or keep the morale up with the deputies he has now. EVERY ONE OF HIS DEPUTIES INCLUDING, I REPEAT INCLUDING HIS CAPTAINS ARE MISERABLE AND SAYS THIS BOAT IS A SINKING SHIP! By the way, Bud promised his support to Myer if Myer agreed to this. Tom Nelson, remember how 2 faced Bud is the next time yall want to support him.
The police dept is a waste of money. The officers who are any good will transfer. It will be no worse than when bud won and interviewed the sheriffs officers and decided who to keep and who to let go. New roads is a joke anyway. Blacks running the whole dam thing. Full of corruption.
New Citizen of N R

United States

#7 Nov 4, 2010
this is not ronnie wrote:
The original post is correct. I am not Ronnie. I am just a concerned citizen. If i was Ronnie, it still does not matter. What matters is that they are trying to get rid of our police department.
This would be a big mistake! Just look at Donaldsonville and New Iberia. The sheriff in Iberia Parish was just like Bud, a former St. Trooper with a big head, he had to leave town with his tail between his legs.

Ventress

#8 Nov 4, 2010
this is not ronnie wrote:
Then why throw the McDonald issue in the mix?
Are not Frank Springstead and the rest of rest of New Roads' officers in jeopardy?
Looks like a change at the top will take place. I'm not expessing my wishes. As far as I know Kevin has done his job to the best of his ability. Nrpd will continue to operate, maybe with a new chief, maybe without. I believe nr needs it's local pd, even though at the present there are very few local officers.

Ronnie and Kevin have been best buds for sometime.
....if one was to use process of elimanation:no Ronnie ?

“La Grimasse!!”

Since: Mar 07

Ventress

#9 Nov 4, 2010
New Citizen of N R wrote:
<quoted text>This would be a big mistake! Just look at Donaldsonville and New Iberia. The sheriff in Iberia Parish was just like Bud, a former St. Trooper with a big head, he had to leave town with his tail between his legs.
NR is getting more and more like D'ville every year anyways...why not grease the slide?

NR does not need a PD...just let the SO handle it. No matter who wears the star, it has to be better than what they have now.
totally amused

United States

#10 Nov 4, 2010
Off the press wrote:
You guys are kidding, right? It's Been Bud's Plan from the beginning to be the "No.1 Power Source" of Pointe Coupee since he became Sheriff. We have more Sheriff's Deputies and State Troopers driving around the Parish than ever. It looks like a Fast Food Car Line!
Seat belt maniac

Ponchatoula, LA

#11 Nov 4, 2010
I saw one of my friends pulled over and called him to see what happened, he had been stopped by Harold and given a ticket for not wearing his seat belt. About an hour later I saw Harold pull out of Winn Dixie parking lot and guess what?? Right, he was not wearing his seat belt. I make it a habit now to notice how many nrpoliceman and sodeputies are not clicking it and its too many to count.
Please take heed and keep us informed as to how many you see. I saw 3 today,2deputies and 1city police.
citizen

Baton Rouge, LA

#12 Nov 4, 2010
I have noticed first hand as a buisness owner have called for something the other day.They never sent a policeman.I have been told if an alarm goes off they don't even ride to check it.I hope mine goes off and it really is a burgular they'll be in deep sh&t.They can hang out at all these places but can't get up and go check an alarm.
Time to tell

Folsom, LA

#14 Nov 4, 2010
<quoted text>This would be a big mistake! Just look at Donaldsonville and New Iberia. The sheriff in Iberia Parish was just like Bud, a former St. Trooper with a big head, he had to leave town with his tail between his legs.
Look what he did to this parish so far

Ventress

#15 Nov 4, 2010
citizen wrote:
I have noticed first hand as a buisness owner have called for something the other day.They never sent a policeman.I have been told if an alarm goes off they don't even ride to check it.I hope mine goes off and it really is a burgular they'll be in deep sh&t.They can hang out at all these places but can't get up and go check an alarm.
Here's a little revelation about alarms. If you have an older system with nrpd they are required to answer. If you have ANYTHING else (exceptions ,banks, etc), they'll get there as soon as your service notifies pd. By that time?

Ventress

#16 Nov 4, 2010
I'm aware of the Iberia situation. Not up to date on the D'ville stuff. The vermilion situation is worthy of a more closer look. It's very complicated.
citizen

Baton Rouge, LA

#17 Nov 4, 2010
Woodsman_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a little revelation about alarms. If you have an older system with nrpd they are required to answer. If you have ANYTHING else (exceptions ,banks, etc), they'll get there as soon as your service notifies pd. By that time?
How about just not showing up for a potentially horrible accident that could have happen.It's not my job to stand there and direct traffic

Ventress

#18 Nov 4, 2010
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>How about just not showing up for a potentially horrible accident that could have happen.It's not my job to stand there and direct traffic
I would like to answer you respectfully.
You make no sense to anyone.
I'm not prying but you'll have to be more specific. Why would they "just not show up" for a "potential "? They cannot prevent or predict the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Roads Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Publics Settlement Proposal on Lambert lawsuit 33 min observer 13
Opperman for DA 1 hr Commonsense4u 46
http://www.wbrz.com/news/sex-offender-s-release... 5 hr interested 1
New Lebanese Restaurant in Town 6 hr emclhi711 24
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 7 hr The real Not Land... 3,280
Jims 8 hr Peter 8
Wanna try this just for fun!! (Mar '13) Sun _Zoey_ 1,411
•••
•••
•••

New Roads Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

New Roads People Search