livonia wildcats last 4 years 104 win...

livonia wildcats last 4 years 104 wins 22 loses

Posted in the New Roads Forum

arbitrator

Livonia, LA

#1 Jul 7, 2012
must people in our parish may not realize this, but livonia baseball team has the best 4 year winning percentage in the whole state even compared to all class schools. maybe some negative comments made lately might ought to stop and look at all the positives that has been accomplished over these last four years.I for one am very proud of our coaches, players, and the community in their accomplishments, so please lets stay on the positive side.
Education First

United States

#2 Jul 8, 2012
arbitrator wrote:
must people in our parish may not realize this, but livonia baseball team has the best 4 year winning percentage in the whole state even compared to all class schools. maybe some negative comments made lately might ought to stop and look at all the positives that has been accomplished over these last four years.I for one am very proud of our coaches, players, and the community in their accomplishments, so please lets stay on the positive side.
Perhaps you misunderstand that no one is downing your baseball program. Academics should be the priority. You shouldn't mistake school "success" based on a baseball program. I'm sure that most would agree that LHS baseball has made a name for itself. However, winning a game does not raise LEAP scores or GPA's. Get your priorities straight, please. Perhaps once they are in order, the LHS academics may make a move in a positive direction, keeping people from making negative comments.
Cindy Champagne

Port Barre, LA

#3 Jul 8, 2012
Education First wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you misunderstand that no one is downing your baseball program. Academics should be the priority. You shouldn't mistake school "success" based on a baseball program. I'm sure that most would agree that LHS baseball has made a name for itself. However, winning a game does not raise LEAP scores or GPA's. Get your priorities straight, please. Perhaps once they are in order, the LHS academics may make a move in a positive direction, keeping people from making negative comments.
Agreed. When we were in school, we had to maintain at least a B average to participate in sports. I also feel that if a school is rated D or below, there should be no sports programs offered until the test scores come up. Just my humble little opinion - school sports should be for fun, don't see very many kids come out of Pointe Coupee who will actually play pro sports as a career.
Proud Wildcat

Livonia, LA

#4 Jul 9, 2012
Cindy Champagne wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. When we were in school, we had to maintain at least a B average to participate in sports. I also feel that if a school is rated D or below, there should be no sports programs offered until the test scores come up. Just my humble little opinion - school sports should be for fun, don't see very many kids come out of Pointe Coupee who will actually play pro sports as a career.
Not arguing with anyone, just so you know....a public school does not set the grade point average for athletes. The average is set by the LHSAA. As a parent, I set my higher! That resolves the issue in my household.
WhiteMilk225

United States

#5 Jul 11, 2012
Its the kids choice on if they want to learn, I attend Livonia and in my opinion everything is great! Livonia baseball has three kids going play college ball can any other school say that in Point Coupee? NO.
Citizen Kane

Ventress, LA

#6 Jul 11, 2012
Proud Wildcat wrote:
<quoted text>
Not arguing with anyone, just so you know....a public school does not set the grade point average for athletes. The average is set by the LHSAA. As a parent, I set my higher! That resolves the issue in my household.
Actually public schools can and do set grade point averages for their student athletes. The LHSAA sets their minimum but it does not supersede the school rule.
arbitrator

Livonia, LA

#7 Jul 11, 2012
Education First wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you misunderstand that no one is downing your baseball program. Academics should be the priority. You shouldn't mistake school "success" based on a baseball program. I'm sure that most would agree that LHS baseball has made a name for itself. However, winning a game does not raise LEAP scores or GPA's. Get your priorities straight, please. Perhaps once they are in order, the LHS academics may make a move in a positive direction, keeping people from making negative comments.
No sorry it is you that is misunderstanding, i never said sports was a priority over education. I was just stating a fact of accomplishment. As far as priorities in education that has to start and be consistantly maintained in the home. Which the ones that do whether in public or private those kids succeed.
INFORMED

Port Allen, LA

#8 Jul 12, 2012
Proud Wildcat wrote:
<quoted text>
Not arguing with anyone, just so you know....a public school does not set the grade point average for athletes. The average is set by the LHSAA. As a parent, I set my higher! That resolves the issue in my household.
And who do you think the LHSAA is made up of School Principles vote on this idiot.
Proud Wildcat

Livonia, LA

#9 Jul 13, 2012
INFORMED wrote:
<quoted text>
And who do you think the LHSAA is made up of School Principles vote on this idiot.
I really don't think that is necessary for you to call me an idiot. I made a statement I felt was correct and then was corrected. I have no problem being corrected. However, I think you may have an issue!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Roads Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump's Performance as you see it so far. 8 hr Laurel 613
Aaron Franklin - thief, liar and auto shop scam... 9 hr Laurel 1
Thieves (Jul '17) May 16 Monique 5
Just wondering May 5 Darrel225 5
students May 5 Nosey 7
Estate sale St. Francisville May 4 Just wondering 2
Couhig Resigning May 2 PHT 45

New Roads Jobs

Personal Finance

New Roads Mortgages