Roscoe

New Roads, LA

#1 Feb 18, 2013
Today on WAFBTV ch.9, Mayor Kip Holden described retired State Trooper and (now)former Cheif of Police, Dwayne White a "Master of Deception"! Sound familiar? Our retired State Trooper and now Sheriff "Bud" Torres has been identified in the past by the description, "Master of Deception"! Is this a trend in State Police? Are our Troopers trustworthy? For the most part, I believe that the vast majority of our Troopers are honest and trustworthy. But, I think they should be more accountable to the public than they are. The state Civil Service laws put a wall between the state employees and the public! I know for a fact that Bud Torres has no problem lying to anyone about anything. A few bad apples in the bunch can give the good apples a bad smell.
Spider

New Roads, LA

#2 Feb 18, 2013
"More Accountable??" "The state Civil Service laws put a wall between the state employees and the public" Are you kidding me???
If you have a problem with some FORMER troopers, so be it. But DON'T tear down the reputations of the troopers that go out on the road EVERYDAY and put their lives on the line!! There is no telling when some looney-tune is going to pull a gun on them during a traffic stop. They work 12-hour shifts, day and night, in all kinds of weather. On their off-days, they have to go to court on some of their tickets and traffic accidents they investigate. If not court, they have accident reports to fill out and tickets to turn in.
They haven't gotten a pay raise in YEARS!!! One of the perks to being "state employees"!
Roscoe, next time you're in an accident on one of our highways, call a boy scout!
Roscoe

New Roads, LA

#3 Feb 19, 2013
Spider wrote:
"More Accountable??" "The state Civil Service laws put a wall between the state employees and the public" Are you kidding me???
If you have a problem with some FORMER troopers, so be it. But DON'T tear down the reputations of the troopers that go out on the road EVERYDAY and put their lives on the line!! There is no telling when some looney-tune is going to pull a gun on them during a traffic stop. They work 12-hour shifts, day and night, in all kinds of weather. On their off-days, they have to go to court on some of their tickets and traffic accidents they investigate. If not court, they have accident reports to fill out and tickets to turn in.
They haven't gotten a pay raise in YEARS!!! One of the perks to being "state employees"!
Roscoe, next time you're in an accident on one of our highways, call a boy scout!
I said that I thought for the most part the majority of the Troopers were honest and trustworthy. Read it!
Truth

Ventress, LA

#4 Feb 19, 2013
Everyone complains and hates police officers for doing their job until they need help themselves. Like spider said, next time you need help, don't call the police if you hate them so much.
Roscoe

New Roads, LA

#5 Feb 19, 2013
I have nothing against police officers, never said I did! I pointed out a comparison between what Mayor Holden said as to what has been said about Bud Torres. I also stated, not in the same words, that I did not think that all State Troopers were the same. Not all Police officers and/or deputies are the same. Another point I was trying to make was that under civil service these troopers were not answerable public, that's where I said there was a wall between them and the public. Nowhere did I say anything bad about the police as a whole! You should read the whole statement before you start making statements and taking things out of context.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Roads Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moratorium 1 hr A parish observer 2
Roban's is Open - AND GOOD!!!! 1 hr Jerry curl 2
Robans is open, anybody try it yet? 2 hr Jerry curl 1
add a word, drop a word (Nov '11) 11 hr Honest Babe 4,046
Poll What fast food restaurant has the worst overall... 13 hr Lisamarie 11
Serenity, Rest, Peace, Accountibity for One's C... 13 hr HS Truman 21
Drowning on False River (Jul '14) Thu reddog 11

Flash Flood Watch for Pointe Coupee Parish was issued at April 18 at 4:20AM CDT

More from around the web

New Roads People Search