1. Started off by surrounding himself mostly with rejects. Just about everyone has told Bud that 95% of his deputies are disgruntled. Some of his high ranking deputies should not even be wearing a badge. Juge and Deviler are the only ones that has the office a priority. The rest has their agenda. He still does not have the political gut to get rid of the ones that is a disgrace to the organization. He has conceded multiple times that they were a mistake but they helped him during the election.
2. The people that know what is going on like the other law enforcement agencies and groups that he exposes himself to feels like he started great (great first impression but the true incompetency reveal themselves over time) but is notoriously a huge failure. Just ask any of his deputies.
3. He has recently hired another ‘BRASS” for no reason other than a promise at campaign time. He makes over $40,000 a year. The other deputies have not received a raise. Also, the other deputies did not have an opportunity for advancement either.
4. The 911 center is in shambles. I hope you do not need a quick response. They will forget sometimes to call for a deputy to go help you.
5. He has commissioned just about everything with legs. He has even commissioned people who has been arrested and threatened political retaliation against the one that arrested him.
6. He promised 12 road deputies on a shift when he was campaigning. He still has 4. So how can he hire more brass? That’s why he is trying to skirt all of his responsibility to other agencies and beg for money from the towns, hospitals, the police jury, corner and the list goes on. Why should anyone give him more money? So he can increase his employee roll and gain him more power in numbers at our expense? That could be a 2 edge sword for Bud though. Because most of his deputies NEWS FLASH most of the ones hired since he took office think the office is in shambles and a sinking ship.
7. Where has he been? I haven’t seen him except for passing down Main Street? He sure forgot who put him in office.
8. He talked about politics in the prior administration. Remember his involvement in the wreck by Mcdonalds? There are many other botched handlings and politics played to a much larger and arrogant way by Bud.
9. Where are the drug bust that were promised? The last real roundup is when he first took office. They were warrants and cases from PRS. Think about it people. The prescription drug problem is terrible too in the parish. But seems that only certain neigborhoods get their door knocked down. The only thing accomplished is a few pot plants and Fontaine Lumber has increased their door sales.
10. Bud always blames the “previous administration” for everything including the bad economy. Bud, you have been the Sheriff for 3 years. Your office is a failure because you are a failure.
11. I voted for him. Never again. I have heard of a few names running for Sheriff this year. Paul Raymond Smith, Weldon Jewell, Kevin McDonald, Ron Pourciau, Ed Guidroze, Brad Joffrion, and Steve Dabadee. Any of these would make a better sheriff.
12. I cannot wait to hear that we have hope in a new sheriff next election.