Police log: Seven people cited for sw...

Police log: Seven people cited for swimming in quarry

There are 8 comments on the InYork story from Jul 29, 2008, titled Police log: Seven people cited for swimming in quarry. In it, InYork reports that:

BROCK PARKER State police have charged two teens with underage drinking after they were caught, along with five other people, swimming at the Funkhouser Quarry in Peach Bottom Township Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at InYork.

Taxman

Ronkonkoma, NY

#1 Jul 29, 2008
Is this really news?

c3daddyo

“I am right.”

Since: Feb 08

Pearl. MS

#2 Jul 29, 2008
Just sounds like some kids trying to have some fun!
Clyde

Pottstown, PA

#3 Jul 29, 2008
And then their parents always want to sue the quarry when someone drowns. It's posted, fences, so stay out or suffer the consequences. This has been going on every since there was a quarry at this location. How many drownings during previous years. It IS NEWS, so that someone may just read it and decide it is not worth swimming there.
judgement

United States

#4 Jul 29, 2008
c3daddyo wrote:
Just sounds like some kids trying to have some fun!
I have to agree.. Yeah it against the law but this what kids use to do! Some good ol' fun!!!
Semi-literate

United States

#5 Jul 30, 2008
Well, it's sort of kids having fun, but it is usually more like a group drinking, drugging and swimming a extremely dangerous places.
Those quarries are beautiful, very historic, and exceedingly dangerous. Plenty of kids and young adults have spent their final, terror-filled seconds of life, dying in those quarries, and many of them quite stupidly.
Moreover, those quarries are all private propery and the owners have gone well out of the way to block access, and to post of the dangers. If you were the owner, how would you feel about a bunch of rowdies continually ignoring your right to keep them off of your own land?
vgss

Lake Orion, MI

#6 Sep 1, 2010
i got caught recently up there just having a good time swimming not doing any drugs or anything. id rathher sign off saying if i die i cant sue and be allowed to go back there. plus its not even news more people die in there own bathtubs a year than here
cosmic

United States

#7 Sep 4, 2010
Yes they even die in the winter,like the guy on the four wheeler a few years back, those guys that have Jacks old garage were involved in that, always sounded a little shady, along with what goes on at night at that garage!
Bob

Show Low, AZ

#8 Sep 23, 2011
Clyde wrote:
And then their parents always want to sue the quarry when someone drowns. It's posted, fences, so stay out or suffer the consequences. This has been going on every since there was a quarry at this location. How many drownings during previous years. It IS NEWS, so that someone may just read it and decide it is not worth swimming there.
In fact I remember in 1977 that the signs were up, "Trespassers will be Prosecuted" there were also dirt mounds to keep people away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Providence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kyle Finnefrock Yoders Restaurant Nov '16 ok 1
jamie Finnefrock trump rant guy Nov '16 ok 2
Lancaster Puppies PA Puppy Mill (Feb '13) Oct '16 Miketharp 42
News Man Guilty of Trespassing _ and Sleeping _ in W... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Jack 2
News Prosecutor: Slain mom, girl were witnesses agai... (Aug '15) Aug '15 About time 1
News Police: Murder suspect chased second man with k... (Apr '10) Aug '15 Kenny 8
News Willow Street man is charged with stealing from... (Oct '09) Nov '14 steve 4

New Providence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Providence Mortgages