FHP: Wind caused deadly motorcycle accident

Full story: WTSP Tampa Bay

The Florida Highway Patrol says it appears wind caused a deadly motorcycle accident that killed a 60 year old New Port Richey man.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
clb

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2008

Too bad he wasn't wearing a helmet. It may have made a diffence. Sorry for your loss.
Terry

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2008

Helmets don't always save a life. There are plenty who have died while wearing a helmet.

Since: Dec 07

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2008

Judged:

Sorry for your loss. Helmets should be manditory. At least people who come upon the scene don't have to witness someones brains spilt out generally speaking.
BigChiefLtd

Parrish, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2008

Terry wrote:
Helmets don't always save a life. There are plenty who have died while wearing a helmet.
DUH... what an idiotic comment. That's like saying seat belts don't always save a life. Is it true? Of course it's true. But then again, how about some common sense: The vast majority of times, they DO reduce the level of injuries. Please, Terry, go out and ride a motorcycle at 30 mph into a cement wall without a helmet. Then, if you're still alive, try doing it WITH a helmet. Then tell us which you prefer. I've gone face first onto the highway off my Low Rider (Harley) at 70 mph. I survived, ONLY because I wore a full-face helmet. Had I NOT been wearing one, I'd have died. That's the difference between you and me. I live in the REAL world.
Dee

Appleton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

BigChiefLtd wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH... what an idiotic comment. That's like saying seat belts don't always save a life. Is it true? Of course it's true. But then again, how about some common sense: The vast majority of times, they DO reduce the level of injuries. Please, Terry, go out and ride a motorcycle at 30 mph into a cement wall without a helmet. Then, if you're still alive, try doing it WITH a helmet. Then tell us which you prefer. I've gone face first onto the highway off my Low Rider (Harley) at 70 mph. I survived, ONLY because I wore a full-face helmet. Had I NOT been wearing one, I'd have died. That's the difference between you and me. I live in the REAL world.
This is my first cousin we are talking about here and I do want to say, I know he is with my dad now who just passed in January and his mom who all just passed away also. It's been a hard year plus for our family. All we can do is hang onto our memories now. They are all missed dearly. Please, we are all going through enough without all the negativness now. Just be thankful your family isn't going through this as we are now.
Easyrider

Lancaster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2008

50_counting wrote:
Sorry for your loss. Helmets should be manditory. At least people who come upon the scene don't have to witness someones brains spilt out generally speaking.
Spelling should be mandatory.
Free bird

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

I'm a lady rider for many years and I don't wear a helmet but I don't feel that's any one's busness bit my own. Maybe if people didn't ride are ass or text or not blast their radio they would see harley and street bike's out there. You get your drivers license, but NO where on the test does it say watch out for biker's. Shame on alot of you people if you don't ride you don't know what your talking about. It's all about being free. So car's -truck's ect.... Watch out for we the biker and my God Bless us all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent New Port Richey Discussions

Search the New Port Richey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amy de vaul 5 hr dont care 7
shelly goldigga giv up dna Jul 8 are you surprized 3
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Jul 4 the protected species 2,911
Good Music (Jan '14) Jul 2 guest 39
Review: Better Parking Lot Maintenance Jun 30 Darcy Webb 1
Tarpon Springs ship's crew remains jailed in Ho... Jun 25 DawnG 2
Lunch and Learn with Marisella Veiga Jun 24 HitlerCastroAsesino 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

New Port Richey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••