Brown gets lot of input from vets

Brown gets lot of input from vets

There are 15 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from May 30, 2007, titled Brown gets lot of input from vets. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown came to the Walter S. Auer VFW Post 3747 Tuesday afternoon looking for information on how he, as the first senator from Ohio to serve on the Veterans Committee in 35 years, can better ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

Brown is a twofaced clown

Englewood, CO

#1 May 30, 2007
Sherrod (canary on the lapel) Brown's campaign co-chair Joe -hypocrite- Kanfer wants to ship more GOJO jobs out of Cuyahoga Falls to North Carolina.

Kanfer is supposed to be a big social liberal than he extorts a 15 year 100 percent tax abatement out of Cuyahoga FAlls. Hey Joey, don't you know that moeny goes to the schools?????

I thought Brown was pro-worker, why is he hanging around an anti-labor guy like Kanfer??
Brown hates America

Englewood, CO

#2 May 30, 2007
His entire time in Congress Brown has done NOTHING but talk.
ZERO legislative achievements.
The Voice of Reason

Tulsa, OK

#3 May 30, 2007
And it took this long to figure out Sherrod Brown. His election only solidifies how dumb people in Ohio are. Sherrod Brown has dissappeared since election day and now Ohio has less representation then we had in a real Senator like Mike Dewine. Didn;t Brown run around yelling outsourcing 2 years ago? Now he is looking to move out GO JO? That might actually be a good idea because GO JO is a company that borders on slave labor with their pay scale.
kent guy

Warren, OH

#5 May 30, 2007
no fear with Sherrod Brown he is going to bring
back all of those manufacturing and union jobs
that he always talks about in his deep voice.
He is for the workin man too. He did nothing in
house and will do less in the senate
Disillusioned

Akron, OH

#6 May 30, 2007
Brown is a twofaced clown wrote:
Sherrod (canary on the lapel) Brown's campaign co-chair Joe -hypocrite- Kanfer wants to ship more GOJO jobs out of Cuyahoga Falls to North Carolina.
Kanfer is supposed to be a big social liberal than he extorts a 15 year 100 percent tax abatement out of Cuyahoga FAlls. Hey Joey, don't you know that moeny goes to the schools?????
I thought Brown was pro-worker, why is he hanging around an anti-labor guy like Kanfer??
"Canary on the lapel"-What drugs are you smoking? That doesn't even make sense!!!!
huh

Akron, OH

#7 May 30, 2007
how exactly does a Senator personally move a company overseas? Oh, he's the owner of GO JO?
The Voice of Reason

AOL

#8 May 30, 2007
It was amazing to read yesterday that 5 months into this new congress the biggest supporter of ewnding the war surrendered. Where is all the coverage of Cindy Sheehan surrendering and going home. Her biggest complaint was people like Sherrod Brown and his cohorts from the Democratic party who she claims, sold her out. How ironic it is that 5 months ago gas was 1.85 to 1.95 under the Republicans and now is hovering anywhere up to 3.50 a gallon. Now do we blame Bush or the only change being the new Anti American congressional leadership? Did they really sell out the American people by caving in to George Bush and his war spending bill? You bet your ass they did because all the hype and BS those nimrods were throwing out there gives them absolutely no clout with a stronger President in the Whitehouse.
The Voice of Reason

Tulsa, OK

#11 May 30, 2007
Reading Sheehans letter yesterday I found her to be somewhat genuine. She brought all this upon herself with her backwards thinking and i think now she is starting to see the light. War is never the answer but it's a reality because other people unfortunately want to see this country fail and die away. We have no other choice then to defend ourselves from any and every threat. Saddam Hussein wanted us to die and He was and posessed WMD's. Why would someone innocent be so defiant and risk everything if he di9dn;t have the WMD's. He was guilty and it's not that hard to figure it out. Where did all these weapons the insurgents are using come from?
Overtaxed Voter

Columbus, OH

#12 May 30, 2007
The Voice of Reason wrote:
It was amazing to read yesterday that 5 months into this new congress the biggest supporter of ewnding the war surrendered. Where is all the coverage of Cindy Sheehan surrendering and going home.
As soon as she quit beating on the Republicans and began to speak poorly of the Democrats ABC Radio miraculously started calling her "Gold Star Mother" Cindy Sheehan instead of "Anti-War Activist" Cindy Sheehan.

Nothing infuriates me more than the media's coy little editorial spins they make that nobody calls them on.
Attention Kent dog

Englewood, CO

#13 May 30, 2007
Sorry, the far left liberals are now called PROGRESSIVES....

do a ggogle search for Ohio Progressives and check it out!!!!
Attention Posters

Englewood, CO

#14 May 30, 2007
"The first post "canary on the lapel" refers to Brown wears a little yellow canary on his lapel which is a symbol to the canaries that used to go inot the mines. when the canary dropped dead, it ws time to get out of the mine from the gas.

Like an early warning system.

It now signifies support of the working man. Which is why it is so ironic that such a pro union guy like She-Rod would have a labor hating guy like Joe Kanfer the CEO of GOJO, as his campaign co-manager....

GOJO, where they pay slave wages, fight any efforts to unionize, ship jobs down to right-to-work North Carolina from Ohio, and threaten local govts. for 100 percent tax abatements!
Dunno

Owatonna, MN

#15 May 30, 2007
The Republicans didn't deserve it.
Ohio didn't deserve it.
The USA didn't deserve it.
But ...
Dewine probably deserved to be fired.

It will be 6 long years before we can fix this.
Reinvent the wheel

Strongsville, OH

#16 May 30, 2007
Why does Sherrod have to reinvent the wheel to make him self look important? If the Vets need help, go do it, don't sit an dtalk about it. He had all the answers when running for election.
William Green - Newark

Columbus, OH

#17 Jun 5, 2007
Persian Gulf Combat Vet; 24 years of service. Released from National Guard via Medical Retirement in 2001, with no benefits?

I have been on 100% Social Security Disabled since 2000; service connected conditions. Filed numerous times with VA; 30% VA disabled.
I have been turned down for Voc Rehab, GI Bill benefits, and much more. I could have used benefits for my 4 childen(while they were considered dependents under age of 23 if in college)all are now college educated.
Its funny I get 30% after 3 of my 4 children are over 23 yrs old.
IAW Social Security I am unemployable. I have up to 6 to 10 VA appts a month. How could I hold a job? I can't even apply for most.

Why didn't they mail surveys out to all known living veterans or veterans within the system?
This would give them a very accurate indication of current attitude of treatment to a more wider group of veterans.

I am considered severly disabled by Ohio Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation.

How were veterans selected for these congressinal Q&A sessions?

Why do all the Federal and State agencies use varying disability standards?
W Green - Newark

Columbus, OH

#18 Jun 5, 2007
"Activated Reserves Abused"
Reservist & Guard Combat soldiers recieve much less Employment(during active duty deployment) benefits than Regular Active Duty soldiers.
Reservist & Guard Combat Veterans also recieve much less benfits than a former active duty veteran.
DOD is using the National Guard and Reserve forces as a plan to reduce costs to operate in Iraq, border duty and several places throuhout the world.
DOD is using the Reserves and Guards in the same manner as large Civilian Corporations use Temporary Work Agencies.
This is a behavior that earns several millions and billions in savings to organizations. Many do not offer Insurance benefits, fair pay, overtime pay, bonuses, and many more benefits.
This is costing the states, employers, tax payers many billions of dollars.
I proclaim this practise must stop! This is part of a play book that is reducing pay standards that eventually eliminate middle class in America. I also feel importing millions of Illegal immigrants is also part of the plan to reduce cost of labor in America.
We continue to see the stock market reporting an increase of earnings, government and civilian executives recieving large bonuses; while many veterans are being added to the poverty roles.
Soldiers deserves fair pay & benfits for retirement, & disabilities.
W.E. Green - Newark, Ohio

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Uhrichsville Music Thread (May '12) Jul 12 Musikologist 17
Naughty girls (Jan '16) Jan '16 Just lookin 1
Bartender named Ashley at JNG (Nov '15) Nov '15 Susan Albright 2
anyone know a lesbian named Rain that drives a ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 crazy lil ginger 40 1
ShopRite negotiating Northern Liberties Superfr... (Apr '13) Aug '15 Mayor Notter 5
Midvale is a speed trap (Aug '15) Aug '15 rooster 1
Med Advice (Jul '15) Jul '15 Doc Tari 1

New Philadelphia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Philadelphia Mortgages