Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2009

Judged:

Dick Farell leaves editor post after 36 years following a Dover police report catching him in a car with a woman in the early hours. Times Reporter does not have a comment section-why? Rumor has it that "the woman" works for the Democratic party and there is a glaring conflict of interest regarding endorsements and reporting.
Pattycakes

New Philadelphia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2009

Judged:

whatever
Brett

Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Judged:

#2 thanks for adding your bright and insightful comments to the discussion - why bother to respond at all? Perhaps if you or your family members had been sliced and diced in TR editorial comments you would feel differently. This man had a lot of power to endorse electoral candidates and influence public opinion about a number of issues including the murder conviction of a local woman.
Brett

Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Judged:

Democratic candidate for Tusc County Commissioner?
If she cheats on her husband of 30plus years with TR's editor Farrell I would not trust her to serve in public office. Shame on both of them for embarassing their families and loved ones.!!!
rekd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Judged:

Why did the paper point out the indiscretion? Why not just say he left for personal reasons?
Wendy

Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Judged:

I agree, why did the paper include that information in the article - it makes no sense-cheating on your spouse does not usually result in termination - why not just say he resigned or retired?
newsprint on my hands

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Judged:

Such a upstanding pillar in the community with so many opinions for all levels of society. My question who in the hell made him God!! I never did think he could write an editorial without his right hand puppet man Jack Shores whispering shit in his ear anyway. It's amazing how one can go from Boy Wonder to just Boy in a matter of moments.(Thank God for tilt wheel)(Dick will know what I mean as he has written about so many who have fallen on tough times! Welcome to the club, cub reporter. It's too bad they are no longer printing the Grit newspapr, it wopuld make a great place to start over, Dick!! I know I did after about 86 of your faboulous sesationalized front page articles.
lily

Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Judged:

newsprint, obviously you are not a fan, it seems like you know more about what happened than the TR is willing to share- Please give me the 411- why did the TR dump him after so many years - it can't be just for cheating and acting like an ass!
prometheus1

Ashland, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Judged:

Amanda Spies Bornhurst, are you sure you and Dick weren't in on the Anthony Harris Case? Are you sure you and Dick were trysting in the back of the newsroom? I thought the Prosecutor's office and the TR were one in the same.
newsprint on my hands

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

lily wrote:
newsprint, obviously you are not a fan, it seems like you know more about what happened than the TR is willing to share- Please give me the 411- why did the TR dump him after so many years - it can't be just for cheating and acting like an ass!
Lily, when the former Prosecutor's' office and the T/R were in "lock step", it only make sense once Amanda's mouth, pant suits, and inabilities wrere exposed (i.e. Harris Case) were out the door so goes the the Editor's only hope of sounding like he knew what he was expounding on...certianly a sad state of affairs!!
nicomacheanEthic s5

Ashland, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Judged:

Isn't objectivity the first thing students are taught in journalism school? Shame on you, Dicky boy!
lily

Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Judged:

I think you got the wrong information. Farrell wrote a scathing editorial and endorsed the Republican candidate for County Prosecutor which probably cost her the election. Farrell is a booze hound who has womanized for years but I doubt he and Amanda were ever "friends" in any sense of the word
newsprint on my hands

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

With all that infuence let's hope one could get a little action, be they Democrat, Independent, or Republican,(Sarah Palin wasn't in town was she?)
Brett

Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Judged:

How appropriate his name is "Dick" What pisses me off is his editorial on the Marsha Mills murder conviction. He seemed to think he knew more than the 12 jurors who convicted her in the murder of that little child. Dick let me introduce you to Karma - payback is a bitch
Wendy

Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Judged:

Everyone in the community has accused the Times Reporter of being "in bed" with the Democratic party - yikes who ever knew how true it was- I guess it was not in bed it was in the back seat.
Close enough!
newsprint on my hands

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Judged:

So does one really need to declare their party affiliation in order to screw up someone's 36 year career of being all knowing...where in the hell did he get half that crap he wrote of?? Pillow talk??

Dick, how about a 1,000 word essay that would recap all the things you wrote about that you weren't really sure of (extra paper is O.K. if needed!!)

Oh yeah, you can also "hang that document out to dry" if needed.
newsprint on my hands

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

You don't think the D.P.D. was going "peepers' do you?

Guys, next time, just pat them on the ass (oops, I mean just send them on their way) it would have saved you a lot of paperwork, and I am sure it would have given you a chuckle or two down at Dunkin'(You can do it we can help! Sorry, that's Home Depot!) But I know you get the idea.

Certianly there were a few larger capers (no pun intended Dick) going on that really neeeded your attention.

Especially if you were three weeks behind in the "ol paperwork department!!(I just hope that report was in triplicate, press hard three copies!!)
Wendy

Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

newsprint- what did Farrell do to you - it seems like you have experienced his arrogance first hand!
Anon

Plainsboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Can someone please sort the fact from fiction for me. It sounds like that town is nothing short of Peyton Place.
Wendy

Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Please don't judge us all by the actions of a few idiots

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of92
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent New Philadelphia Discussions

Search the New Philadelphia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 min xxxrayted 28,497
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 4 edfgyujm 226
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | School wh... Jul 2 Pam Ladson 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 Lindsay 2,213
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun 27 Bobby Nye 178
Uhrichsville Music Thread (May '12) Jun 23 Musikologist 13
tanya hall rhicard hall Jun 16 who knows them 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

New Philadelphia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

New Philadelphia People Search