Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Judged:

I am very disappointed in the services and the cake we had at my son's wedding. First of all, she was late and just getting the cake put together, in a big hurry, when guests were arriving to the reception. Then the cake was horrendous, it looked like a very very non-professional job. She didn't follow the brides very precise direction on color and decoration. The owner of the business admitted to me over the phone that there were no gold leaves even though there was supposed to be. The cake was also the wrong colors. It was to be chocolate brown, the cake was brown, green, red, and yelloW(mustard yellow)
That in itself along with the lateness broke our contract. When I called her to ask for a refund she very nicely offered to send back $150. Which to me is admitting the cake was not done right. AFter 4 phone calls, she finally sent a check for $100. This woman sounds like a very sweet, excited about her job, creative person, but beware, she does not deliver the kind of work she can sweet talk you into. My daughter-in-law even asked her photographer NOT to include any of the pictures of the cake in their wedding photo book, what a shame!!!
Allison Smith

Tallmadge, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2009

Judged:

We had our cake here in June.
I couldn't have asked for a more professional, lovely wedding cake.
You sound snippy and hard to please.
Linda

Shreve, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2009

Judged:

I bet if your cake was not anything like you had discussed and looked very unprofessional you wouldn't be happy either. It takes alot for me to get upset, I am far from hard to please just would like what we asked for and paid for!!
SofaKingRetarded

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

Judged:

How could someone disagree. I guess you people don't watch Judge Judy or Judge Joe Brown. That's exactly where I'd be takin the cake makers, to court to get your money back and for punitive damages. The cake maker should've given the bride enough notice that she couldn't give the bride what she wanted so she could've taken her buisness elsewhere. The cake maker broke the contract, not the bride. PLUS from what Linda is saying, it put a damper on a day that should've been one of the most memoriable ones of her life. TAKE THEIR BUTTS TO COURT AND GET UR MONEY BACK and then some! Couldn't take pics of the cake? What about the bride and groom cutting? Feeding eachother, these are important pics. I'm sure you have some of yours ALLISON.
Linda

Shreve, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

Judged:

Thanks for backing me up. I didn't ask for all the money back bc we did have cake and the cake tasted good. The funny thing is, my son, the groom, is an attorney. But we decided it wasn't worth the hastle and we are over it.
OK Dokey

Millersburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

Judged:

Is this what is known as "having yer cake an eatin it toooo less damages"?
Linda

Shreve, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

Judged:

OK Dokey wrote:
Is this what is known as "having yer cake an eatin it toooo less damage
s"?
No, this is having some cake that looks nothing like it was supposed to!! I felt like I didn't want anyone else to see the cake it was that bad!!..and she was putting the cake together when the guests were walking in to the reception in such a hurry, and it looked like it too. My son is too busy with his law firm to worry about it. It is just that she agreed to send us $150 bc she admitted it wasn't correct, and then only sent $100. Not very good way to run a business!!
agree with linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

Judged:

We had Camelot do brownies and a small cake for my mother's retirement party. The brownies were to have white icing on them and flowers on the top. They were also to be individually wrapped so we could just put them by the guest's table setting. When my sister picked up the brownies they did not have the white icing, only the flowers pipped onto the top of the brownie (looked kinda strange!) Also the brownies were very dry, like they had been made quite some time before. ALSO they were NOT individually wrapped ask ordered! We had to go buy plastic bags and twist ties and package them ourselves at the party!!! The brownies didn't taste good at all and I did not really care for the taste of the cake either....need I mention I will not be doing business there again!
Linda

Shreve, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

Judged:

Thank you
Happy Customer

Tallmadge, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2009

Judged:

I had typed in Cake stores when I came across this banter about Camelot. Out of curiosity I called them and ordered a small cake for a Sunday dinner.
All I can say is WONDERFUL CAKE. A nice girl waited on me and they made exactly what I wanted. Oh, and I bought a brownie for my husband and he loved it.I will return soon. Great job, Camelot.
get a life

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2009

Judged:

People look at your cake for 1 minute... and move on! As long as it tastes good.. thats all that matters! you got your money back! move on!
MDH33

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2009

Judged:

She did my wedding cake last year and did a wonderful job! I know for a fact her food does not sit and gets dried out. Everything is made fresh either that day or the day before! It's all 100% made by scratch (unlike some cake places).
it sounds as though Linda (where are you from, your address keeps changing) you are kinda hard to please! I get it's a wedding cake but isn't the bride suppose to be the most wonderful thing there?? not the cake?? and REALLY? do you think it is necessary to take this into legal matters? sounds like someone has way to much time on their hands. Im sure if she told you $150 you will get $150. also you have to realize, when doing wedding cakes, you are not the ONLY wedding on a given day... there are more people then just you! Plus having to drive where you are at, that also takes time....... I guess you will never fully understand what it takes and what they do every week there........ I think they are doing a great job at camelot cakes and would highly recommend going there!! I have never had a problem and it has always been fresh and yummy!!!
Linda

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

Judged:

She shouldn't take on more cakes than she can handle!! She knew the exact location of the wedding, said she had done several there, then (said) she got lost and that is why she was so late!!(Interesting) That is a part of doing good business. I am actually from Mount Vernon, and am not sure why location is changing could care less, that has nothing to do with my opinion. She said $150, only sent $100. Can't do accounting very well either. I am sure she can do and does do very good work sometimes, this time she just didn't. A wedding cake is also a pretty important part of the day, excuse me!!!!! As far as time on my hands, what reason are you responding to me??????????
Linda

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

Judged:

OH MDH33, you sound like the owner with a code name!! or perhaps the owner's family!
Linda

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

Judged:

get a life wrote:
People look at your cake for 1 minute... and move on! As long as it tastes good.. thats all that matt
ers! you got your money back! move on!
You are the one without a life, why are you so concerned with someone elses opinion that doesn't even concern you. That is what this website is for, so I used it, why don't you move on!!!!!!!!!!
get a life

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Judged:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha! I would have messed up your cake too!!!
Linda

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2009

Judged:

Get over it, I am, I got Most of what I wanted back. I am taking myself off of the alert me when someone makes a comment, bc yours are boring!!
get a life

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

Sure you are! Goodluck in "Buckland!"
Paula

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Judged:

I Had Got 4 cakes from Kat They Were 100% right and my guest were Shocked she did one of an Army Tank for My Husban's Birthday ( Last Year) And This Year She did One Of My Dog It Was Right On!!! and she did a cake for my Pup and a Birthday Cake For My Baby Ryan they were all Good and What i Wanted I Had No Problems With Kat or Camelot Cakes she is doing one for a baby shower this weekend for me ! Only Place i will get my cakes from unlike other place's who say they make there cakes and buy box's from walmart she makes the cakes from scrach ....( seen It first hand) your not paying for box cake mix !
Keisha

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

Our great cake was done here. Kat drew our cake for me when we visited, and I was so happy. When I saw it at the reception it was better than I could ever imagine!t looked like it came out of a magazine! It tasted the best, looked the best and was a huge hit at our party!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

New Philadelphia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

New Philadelphia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••