Lacey

United States

#1 Apr 12, 2012
please check the following website. it covers information about the gas fracking proposed by the gas companies in our area. we use to have the best water in the county and now they want us to sign away our mineral rights for what.... poisoned waters!!! there is no amount of money they can throw at me to allow them to do this to us!!!!

http://www.pbs.org/now/shows/613/index.html

speak out! i'd like to take comments.... i hope you feel the same way i do.
wwhoo

Toledo, OH

#2 Apr 12, 2012
Do some deeper research. This has been proven false. There is no known danger to fracking. It may be the only thing that saves the country. In case you haven't noticed, we are in serious debt because of reliance on foreign energy. It does not have to be this way. The United States can be self-sustaining and thrive again if the kooks shut up and let the nation prosper. Stop with the rumor spreading and scare tactics already!
Lacey

United States

#3 Apr 15, 2012
I'm all for cheaper energy and not being reliant on foreign fuels. I'm not a crazy wacko environmentalist left winger.

i love the Tuscarawas valley and want nothing but the best. i cant blame people for taking the big $$ the industry is throwing at them most of us wouldn't know what to do with that kinda cash.But it WILL effect ALL of us and until they can prove to me that there is no way in FRACKING hell this will destroy everything I love i will continue to speak out and spread the word of what i believe in my heart of hearts.

what good is cheaper fuels if you cant drink the water! i can live and make due, adjust to the energy issues but i cant live without water.

you can believe what ever blasphemous b.s. the industry sells you but i won't.
Beth

United States

#4 Apr 15, 2012
There hasn't been enough research to say either way. We should proceed cautiously. There are costs and benefits to both sides of this argument.
But I believe we should wait to see what investigations bring to light before we risk the futures of our childeren and grand childeren.
Lacey

United States

#5 Apr 15, 2012
Ok Beth that's all I was looking for. Just caution until we know the facts. I know there are people who feel very strongly on bothsides of this issue.

Lacey

United States

#6 Apr 15, 2012
http://www.timesreporter.com/topstories/x1830...

This was in the Times Reporter.... the industry acknologes contamination issues on one breath then denies it with the next.

All the claims of contamination are not unfounded... we need more research and information before we give them free access to our lands and waters...

Less than 50% of the drilling waters full of these nasty chemicals are removed after drilling practices are conducted. These chemicals do not just disapear, or go away they go somewhere....
Lacey

United States

#7 Apr 18, 2012
"real name"

New Philadelphia, OH

#8 Apr 25, 2012
Balls

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Uhrichsville Music Thread (May '12) Feb '18 Musikologist 19
News 1. 12-year-old driver in court placement (Nov '06) Jan '18 King Pin 3950 2
Missing people in Uhrichsville Jan '18 Cassie Howell 1
Tricia @Schoenbrunn PUB Dec '17 John Doe 1
obama muslim? (Sep '08) Dec '17 Kevin Durant 3
Jobs (Oct '17) Oct '17 Musikgoddesss 1
News Crack House Raided In Tuscarawas County (Aug '09) Aug '17 Agent neo 2

New Philadelphia Jobs

Personal Finance

New Philadelphia Mortgages