Showing posts 1 - 6 of6

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

My family is new to the area and will be attending national. Is it a good school? What's your opinion?
Katems

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Not bad, but not the best either. I've heard that Eaton is more advanced in their curriculum than Trail, but you can get a good education from Trail. They do have advanced-track math and science programs (e.g., students with good grades in math classes can take algebra I in eighth grade rather than ninth), and they do offer some AP courses. The high school offers Spanish and French courses and these students often visit elementary and middle school classes to get kids involved in learning a second language earlier. High school electives could definitely use some work, though. Offerings include the two foreign language classes, agricultural education, parenting, drama, yearbook, computer hardware, web design, computer software, life skills, physical education, fitness and kinesiology, band, choir, steel band, guitar, and the 60s. Classes are four-80 minute blocks, and students have each class every other day. Study hall is nearly non-existent; it is a 30 minute block of time before fourth block called "intervention." In tenth grade (and sometimes eighth), students visit the Miami Valley Career Technology Center to see what programs of study/careers they might be interested in and have the chance to go to this vocational school for their last two years of high school.(I highly recommend CTC; they are fantastic, and they offer good scholarships through an articulation agreement with Sinclair Community College.) The elementary and middle schools are pretty good and they do events throughout the year to get the kids interested in reading. There are quite a few extracurricular activities, but mostly related to sports. Sports include football (but they aren't very good), baseball, basketball (girls and boys), wrestling, track, soccer, volleyball, and cheerleading. They also offer choir, concert band, steel band, marching band, and basketball band, but these are all considered intracurricular, as are memberships in the FFA and FCCLA. A word of warning, though, it's a very small school. This can be a good or bad thing, depending. Sure, everyone knows everyone else and the classes are definitely not crowded (my graduating class in 2010 was about 40 people), because the school is so small, it does have a bit of a clique and bullying problem. Although it's not as bad in high school (because you don't have the same classes with all of the same people all day and you can go to CTC instead of Trail), it can get pretty bad in elementary and middle school if you're not part of the "cool" group (you just have to love school drama, right?*rolls eyes*).
Trail mom

Cardington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

I dont agree that Eaton is a better school my kids attend Trail and has friends that attend Eaton. My daughter is in 3rd grade and knows more then her friends in the same grade and last year when she was in 2nd her friend that was in the 3rd grade in Eaton was learning the same thing that she was as a 2nd grader. I think that trail really does a great job and will continue to feel this way until I am proven different.
Debbie Gibson

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Amelia
Beavercreek
Colerain
Dayton Dunbar
Eaton
Finneytown
Goshen
Hamilton
Indian Hills
Jefferson
Kansas Lakota
Lebanon
Middletown
National Trail
Orrville
Princeton
Quaker Heights
Richmond (Indiana)
Sycamore
Talawanda
Upper Arlington
Valley View
Withrow
Xenia
Yellow Springs
Zanesville

Which of these high schools are the best?
Peasant

Eaton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Literally trail and anything in preble is going to be pretty awful unless you hate coloreds also
Smh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Peasant wrote:
Literally trail and anything in preble is going to be pretty awful unless you hate coloreds also
Its sad that ppl in Preble are close-minded about 'coloreds'...Preble needs to wake up. Ppl are so worried about the blacks coming and messing things up but whites have already done it. Your houses arent kept up...very trifflin! You dont even put proper clothing on your children. Its winter and they go to school in shorts. Your store clerks are very rude, they have no comprehension of great customer service, kids killing their grandmothers, drug addicts walking around like zombies and your jail houses 100% white ppl. If Im not mistaken...why is Preble so prejuice? You're still the same as city ppl but worse bc you're so stuck up to even notice how messed up your town really is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent New Paris Discussions

Search the New Paris Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Tue xxxrayted 25,324
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Tue worm 168
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) Tue squid 118
carlotti , p Apr 14 snoopy 3
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Apr 14 Repub 187
Mark Ater (May '10) Apr 3 john 2
council actions Apr 2 woodstock 1
•••
•••
•••
New Paris Dating

more search filters

less search filters