White-tablecloth eatery opens this wi...

White-tablecloth eatery opens this winter in district

There are 34 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 2, 2008, titled White-tablecloth eatery opens this winter in district. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The newest addition to Carmel's Main Street will feature something the city's redevelopment commission has long pined for -- white tablecloths.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Betty Boop

Marysville, OH

#21 Jan 2, 2008
I hope I don't get too much spagetti sauce on those white table cloths!

Yikes!

The ones who will wait tables there still won't be able to afford to live in Carmel though, they need to live outside the city limits since Mayor Braindead and his mafia are tearing down all the houseing for the blue collar workers.

shame on them.
The Depot

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Jan 2, 2008
Why do the local media outlets in Indiana refer to a Restaurant as "White table cloth" or "Sit Down Restaurant". It makes it sound like Hoosiers are a bunch of country bumpkins standing in line at Perkins in our "Sunday-best" waiting be seated after Church.
JoBu

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Jan 2, 2008
Will we have to produce our diploma's and W2 forms to dine?
Educated Eater

Marysville, OH

#24 Jan 2, 2008
I will have to pull my diploma off the wall to eat there and show them my pay stub!
Economical Cleansing

Marysville, OH

#25 Jan 2, 2008
Yes Sir! I wills brings you your supper now! You want me to wipe your ass while I am at it?
Kerry

Carmel, IN

#26 Jan 2, 2008
Why would a member of Carmel's government make a statement about who, and their economic and education status, would come to a new restaurant in Old Town?

Apparently the CRC, a part of Carmel's government, desires that a certain class of citizen come into the Arts and Design District since they desire "white tablecloth" restaurants in Old Town, an area that they completely control.

With this Carmel is living up to its elitist stereotype.
Ellie Mae

Delaware, OH

#27 Jan 2, 2008
Hamilton Proper wrote:
Why do the local media outlets in Indiana refer to a Restaurant as "White table cloth" or "Sit Down Restaurant". It makes it sound like Hoosiers are a bunch of country bumpkins standing in line at Perkins in our "Sunday-best" waiting be seated after Church.
We put on our best eatin' clothes an' go'n down to the buffet. We don't like the table neiter we like to use our fancy eatin' chairs with wheels. They let us spin 'round the table better and faster while eatin'. White table cloths? That's were those fancy city folks go. whoa-doogie.

Since: Feb 07

Carmel, IN

#29 Jan 3, 2008
Will they give the patrons pagers like they do at Outback so folks can go over and admire the door handles at the Lurie building whilst waiting for their table?
CarmelResident

Indianapolis, IN

#30 Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton Proper wrote:
Hoosiers are a bunch of country bumpkins. Show me ONE that is different.(and putting a french restaurant is not elevating the ROI.)
Jimbo

Carmel, IN

#31 Jan 3, 2008
There are three French Restaurants in Indy, including the one in Mooresville. French cuisine doesn't seem to be too popular in the Indianapolis market. For that matter, independent restaurants have a tough time as well. Good luck to the new venture. I'm sure it will be a lot of hard work to make it a success.
Great News

Marysville, OH

#32 Jan 3, 2008
It is great news about the Bistro de Paris coming to Carmel. Don't worry about the naysayer’s as they don’t patronize places like the Glass Chimney either. The Chimney has been successful for many years here in Carmel even before all the recent growth. It is great to have more options locally.
I ate there

Carmel, IN

#33 Jan 3, 2008
Great News wrote:
It is great news about the Bistro de Paris coming to Carmel. Don't worry about the naysayer’s as they don’t patronize places like the Glass Chimney either. The Chimney has been successful for many years here in Carmel even before all the recent growth. It is great to have more options locally.
I ate there the other day, they commented on how much the length road project had harmed their business.

Oh well - they'll be forced out soon, like all of the other older establishments - in order to make way for the FOB - Friends of Brainard (political graft).
U DIDNT EAT THERE LIAR

United States

#35 Jan 18, 2008
Ok...The person who said, "I ATE THERE"....the place isn't even open! It doesn't open until at least March first! If you are going to be a jerk and talk smack about the place, maybe you should research the opening date! Geez!
Bistro De Paris is going to be a new business, struggling to survive, probably paying out the you know what for rent, and just people like you and I trying to raise a family and survive in a market that is less than desireable.....
At least bash a place that you have ACTUALLY BEEN TO!
I ate there

Carmel, IN

#36 Jan 18, 2008
U DIDNT EAT THERE LIAR wrote:
Ok...The person who said, "I ATE THERE"....the place isn't even open! It doesn't open until at least March first! If you are going to be a jerk and talk smack about the place, maybe you should research the opening date! Geez!
Bistro De Paris is going to be a new business, struggling to survive, probably paying out the you know what for rent, and just people like you and I trying to raise a family and survive in a market that is less than desireable.....
At least bash a place that you have ACTUALLY BEEN TO!
You need to read a little more closely - the post was refering to the Glass Chminey - which by the way, it was just announced ios closing.

So eat some crow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Palestine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
punishment (Jul '15) 2 hr Badrandy 4
Dancers showclub (Mar '13) 4 hr Fool isnt the word 19
Poll Which Indiana city/town should claim Tony Stewart? (Feb '08) 5 hr Boy from Homer 40
News Odor complaints flood Hamilton County, Indianap... Jul 22 Lavon Affair 2
News Pence: I'll campaign for Trump anywhere, anytime Jul 22 PURIM PARTY 30
Know anybody with rare, old coins/currency? Jul 22 wizard of ZOG 2
Spiro Agnew (Nov '14) Jul 22 agnew legacy 8

New Palestine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Palestine Mortgages