White-tablecloth eatery opens this wi...

White-tablecloth eatery opens this winter in district

There are 34 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 2, 2008, titled White-tablecloth eatery opens this winter in district. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The newest addition to Carmel's Main Street will feature something the city's redevelopment commission has long pined for -- white tablecloths.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Janis

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jan 2, 2008
Wow, now I finally have a reason to drive to Carmel!! Will I have to remove the curlers from my hair before I can be seated??
Herb

Carmel, IN

#2 Jan 2, 2008
Art is bought, in many cases, before or after a wonderful dining experience," said Ron Carter, the Redevelopment Commission's president, who added that many restaurant patrons will frequent the galleries while waiting for a table. "The more art galleries we have, the more restaurants we need."

?
YEA RIGHT

Elwood, IN

#3 Jan 2, 2008
so there goes the pizza king in a heartbeat. whats next brainless.......a few more million dollar statues (i find in amazing that you didn't announce that one until AFTER the election)
uhuhu

Lucasville, OH

#4 Jan 2, 2008
I wonder what the "Arts District" will look like in 2 years when it is finally realized (admitted?) that even in Carmel we don't buy the real thing. We only buy prints and plaster.
JoBu

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Jan 2, 2008
Herb wrote:
Art is bought, in many cases, before or after a wonderful dining experience," said Ron Carter, the Redevelopment Commission's president, who added that many restaurant patrons will frequent the galleries while waiting for a table. "The more art galleries we have, the more restaurants we need."
?
Ron Carter wouldn't know Art if it hit him smack in the face.
Herb

Carmel, IN

#6 Jan 2, 2008
How long will it take for Bub's to be removed from the area? I can't see the smell of hamburgers being grilled being that much of an attraction for the adjacent condos. And, from what is said in the article, it seems that this is not the type of dining establishment that the CRC wants to have in the area. In Old Town whatever the CRC wants is all that matters.
Twisted

Carmel, IN

#7 Jan 2, 2008
Herb wrote:
?
Ron Carter is a self servining individual.
Patrick Kennedy

Carmel, IN

#8 Jan 2, 2008
This still doesn't solve the parking problem - there aren't enough convenient parking spaces or parked cars for hit and run.

And please, could the CRC offer parallel parking classes? Your constiuents seem a little lacking in their ability.
CarmelResident

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jan 2, 2008
Oh, can't wait to eat at this new place! That's what I want to do after riding on the Monon all day-head for French!
What about a good, basic coffee shop?
Bill

Carmel, IN

#10 Jan 2, 2008
CarmelResident wrote:
Oh, can't wait to eat at this new place! That's what I want to do after riding on the Monon all day-head for French!
What about a good, basic coffee shop?
You don't understand what the Arts and Design District is all about do you? It is to be a gathering place for the elite to dine and purchase thousands of dollars worth of art. You are supposed to go elsewhere to find something to eat after riding the Monon, like maybe up in Noblesville or Westfield. Only the upper crust is wanted in Old Town, at least that's what the CRC is saying.

Since: Jul 07

Carmel IN

#11 Jan 2, 2008
Patrick Kennedy wrote:
This still doesn't solve the parking problem - there aren't enough convenient parking spaces or parked cars for hit and run.
And please, could the CRC offer parallel parking classes? Your constiuents seem a little lacking in their ability.
I have never had a problem with parking. There is the lot where the Metro Bank use to be. In the evenings the National City Bank lot is always avaiable.
Bill

Carmel, IN

#12 Jan 2, 2008
"Art is bought, in many cases, before or after a wonderful dining experience," said Ron Carter, the Redevelopment Commission's president, who added that many restaurant patrons will frequent the galleries while waiting for a table. "The more art galleries we have, the more restaurants we need."

Is there a feasibility study that the CRC has done that states that this indeed the case in this marketplace? The Carmel government's CRC is calling all of the shots and controlling what goes into Old Town with no public input. Certainly they have a study that supports what they are doing, right?
RU4Real

Delaware, OH

#13 Jan 2, 2008
JoBu wrote:
<quoted text>Ron Carter wouldn't know Art if it hit him smack in the face.
Neither would Mayor Brainard. Just look at what he's doing with all those McStatues. What will be said in 10-20 years when the statues are being removed and sold for scrap. What a "great" (sic) legacy was left for the City of Carmel?

The restaurant sounds great, I hope the location works for them.
Yeah Right

United States

#14 Jan 2, 2008
I'm excited, I live within walking distance to the A&D. We need more dining options.
Carmel John

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Jan 2, 2008
This restaurant sounds great, I can't wait until the Valentine's Day opening.
Always an Option

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Jan 2, 2008
Sounds good, but I'll probably frequent the "other" white tablecloth eatery - "MANGIA" - my family's favorite and not far from the "official" A & D boundaries.
Carmel Lesbian

United States

#17 Jan 2, 2008
I bet it doesn't open as soon as they predict...look in the ceiling.... that whole building is a hazzard...They will have to work hard to live Jazz on that roof..ask Bruce at the Old Town Tavern....the building is in horrific condition..money pit...and the Roaches will protest...
CRC

Fishers, IN

#18 Jan 2, 2008
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand what the Arts and Design District is all about do you? It is to be a gathering place for the elite to dine and purchase thousands of dollars worth of art. You are supposed to go elsewhere to find something to eat after riding the Monon, like maybe up in Noblesville or Westfield. Only the upper crust is wanted in Old Town, at least that's what the CRC is saying.
Keep the rif raf out-
Adolf Eichmann

Henniker, NH

#19 Jan 2, 2008
RAUS AUS UNTERMENSCHEN, UND AUS UNDERVOLK VON KARMEL-STADT.
Winston

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Jan 2, 2008
Adolf - go take your ubermenschen scheiss and stick it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Palestine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bogus Lawsuit 14 hr NotSurprised 1
News Jeff Miller served protection order at meeting 19 hr why 8
Why are the Police Bullies? (Sep '12) 21 hr why 52
AI Own Us All 21 hr cscb-bxtm-btcbb 2
Goodyear 22 hr cscb-bsvf-btcsx 5
Winning in Bama 22 hr Say What 2
Nicolas Long Fri Ryan A 3

New Palestine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance