car dealer operating in your community.
The name of the business is:
High Tech Motor Sports.
They are located in New Palestine.
19 S Westside Drive
8616121 office phone
8619187 office fax
4500647 Josh cell phone
These guys are the most difficult and dishonest people I ever met.
To cut the long story short:
I was willing to buy a car they have advertised on eBay. Iíve called Josh on his cell phone and explained to him that I would like to buy the car as soon as I can sell mine.
In order for him to hold the car for me he asked me for $1000.00 deposit.
Iíve explained to him that I need to sell my car FIRST.
The person who was willing to buy my car backed up from the deal for some family reasons.
Iíve called Josh to advised him for the change of the situation and he told me that he will call back in a few minutes.
Several hours later after many attempts from me to call him again Iíve called the office number. His partner Dean Chap told me that he need to talk with Josh McDermott (maybe wrong spelling). When I called the next day THEY told me that THERE IS NO WAY for them to return my deposit. I told Dean that I am willing to pay $100.00 so they can re-list the car on eBay.(actual cost is about $40.00)
Dean told me NO. Iíve called the local police and they have called the business.
Dean called me and start accusing me of being pushy???????
On Thursday Josh called me and told me that if I send him a fax with my bank details he will wire $900.00 back to my account. Very same day in the late afternoon Iíve asked Josh what is going on? He told me that I need to wait till Friday.
Now when I write this message is already 7.00 PM in New Palestine and all the banks are closed.
Be aware of this guys they will rip you off, it is such a shame because Josh got a wife and kid and I am wondering what kind of example he will set for his child.
Please help me to get my money back from these crooks. Please, Please
You can write to me: apavka@yahoo.com
Thank you
Alex
Alex

Bountiful, UT

#2 Jul 7, 2006
Dean Chap called me and told me that if I do not stop he will call his Attorney to deal with me???? What for??? He took my money and now I am guilty for that??????
This guy is so arrogant is beyond believe.
Why he want me to stop??? Stop what??? Seeking my money??
If someone take your $1000.00 away, will you stop??
Just like that??? Will you???

I will write a letter to the local Sheriff, to the local church, to anybody who could help me.
Is this a crime??? To try and get my money back???
Yes it is crime as per Dean Chap, he feel that he can take MY money and just walk away....

I am wondering what the community have to say about that?
Tammy

Mansfield, OH

#4 Jul 23, 2006
We've been having an issue too, here's our deal:
On July 21st, the suction ended below reserve that night. Today we received a Second Chance Offer on the item. The following problems exist with this.
The e-mail we received was today July 23rd, 2006, the offer expired on July 17, 2006. The auction ended on July 21st. How can we receive a second chance offer on an item that ended and have the offer expire 4 days prior to the end of the auction? We called the owner of the bike to accept the offer and are now told that he has another offer already and the bike is sold.
In my experience, a bid is a contract, and our bid should come before any other offers unless the seller ends the auction early with more than 24 hours left in it. Therefore, shouldn't our bid be considered a contract and we be given the first opportunity to purchase the bike?
Of course, we can't get ahold of High Tech. High Tech listed the item for the guy but hasn't kept in touch? Seems a bit odd to me. I'll post how it turns out.
Carlos

Douglasville, GA

#6 Sep 21, 2007
Well I can say I got the best deal ever from them. I sent my 1k deposit an was picked up from the airport in 3 days. It was very smooth and a very nice salesman. His name is John. I will deal with them any time. Also, it was a ebay deal.
huh

AOL

#7 Sep 21, 2007
huh
Daniel Chopp

United States

#8 Oct 1, 2007
To Whom It May Concern:
I am the owner of High-Tech MotorSports, located in New Palestine, Indiana. I just found out about this posting and would like to make reference to Alex who started this posting. This gentleman gave a non-refundable $1000.00 deposit for a car that he wanted to purchase. As in all our EBay listing it states that to make a purchase we require a non-refundable deposit of $1000.00. He thought he had his car sold and was going to use that money to purchase our vehicle. His deal fell through and he could not purchase our vehicle. We had already had vehicle preped and ready for delivery. Alex filed charges with the dealers BMV and they were dismissed as he did not have any merit for any charges. We also had to file a suit against him for other damages of slander, he would not accept the certified letter for court and we had no other means of tracking him down. This person has serious mental problems and does not understand EBay. And by the way we did refund him $800.00 as we only wanted the charges that we had in marketing and prep work for the delivery. I would also address the other gentleman who references the bike being sold, we do not ever offer "second chance offers". PLEASE read the information in our listings. We make a special effort to make sure that there is no fraud. There are many companies that do this service without permission of lister, and try and charge a fee to the lister for bringing them a buyer. WE NEVER WOULD USE THIS SERVICE. These offers should be sent to EBay security for policies violations. I would encourage anyone wanting to buy a vehicle from us to look at our EBay feedback which is 100% positive. Please feel free to contact me at our store at if you have any questions.
Lauren

United States

#9 Oct 7, 2007
In requires to the car deal that fell through, it's always wise to read the fine print before you think about investing your time and money on anything, including a car.

Although this is completely irrelivant to the topic, Daniel Chopp is also a well established and honest realtor in the New Palestine area. My father actually rented one of his apartments and was very satisfied with his honesty and his clean, well taken care of apartments.

I am actually interested in looking for a potentially available apartment, and I am actually pleased with how he did business with my dad. Unfortunaty, I did find a few problems; Not with his company, but with some of the tennants renting one of his properties; specifically 49 Meadow Drive.

A good friend of mine also lives on Meadow Dr. and we frequnly take walks through her nneighborhood. Not only is the tennants frequently noisy and belligerent, but recently we have been seeing a bit of traffic coming in and out of the appartment. I hate to be a bit juddgemental, but the folks coming in and out are some strange characters. In one instance, we have actually seen someone climbing in through the front window to get inside! We have passed by their window walking to the back alley and thought we had smelled marijuana.

I am not saying that Daniel Chopp isn't running a great business by any means; considering he can't be aware of everything that goes on. But I hope that someone informs him of the behavior of some of his tennants before it becomes much more out of hand. I just don't want the actions of his tennants to reflect the reputation of his business because he does have a very fine establishment.

Thank you!
Amy

United States

#10 Oct 7, 2007
I second that! I believe we all have dealt with obnoxious neighbors at some point or another, but where should we draw the line before taking action? Dan Chopp shouldn't be held liable for the actions and behavior of his tennants, but at the same time he should keep a very close eye on who he rents his property be very aware of their living conditions, behavior, and most importantly...who he rents to.
I also live closeby and I am suprised that the police haven't investigated the activities that go on at that house! I've seen at least half a dozen people come in and out of that apartment not to mention the noise coming from it and the home next door to it. The two-story home next door had their stereo system blaring not even a month ago and there are constantly teenagers riding dirtbikes/ crotch rockets up and down that alley. I think we should be more concerned as a community what goes on in our neighborhoods and what we should do to pinpoint those annoying neighborhoods and pinpoint the issues right as they come to a head instead of letting the problems and behaviors escelade into something more serious.
Can a landlord actually inspect the apartment at any given time to look for illicit drugs and activities? If so, he should deffinently look into that apartment as soon as possible to nip this issue in the butt.
Lauren

United States

#11 Oct 8, 2007
I didn't realize this until skimming over this again, but there are actually three apartments conjoining on 49 Meadow Dr. It is actually the second apartment.

As to Amy, I didn't really notice too much activity with the two story next door; granted I've just only noticed all of this recently so it may have spanned from a long period of time.

Thanks!
Dan Chopp

United States

#12 Oct 10, 2007
I am respomding to the messages from Lauren and Amy. I was aware of the issues with the property located at 49 Meadow Drive Apt 2. Please be aware that those tenants do have rights, I can not just kick someone out just because I don't like the way they live or dress. Those tenants have been removed legally. I know it's not as fast as I would of liked but I have to abide by the law. I have been in New Palestine for many years, as well love the Town and want it to be safe for all the residents. As of October 1st I had new tenants in the unit and there should not be any issues, I have talked to my other tenants in the front and back and verified that there are no problems. But PLEASE if you see someone climbing in a window, CALL THE POLICE, this could be an indivdual robbing the place. I own 13 residential units in the town of New Palestine and I have meet almost all the neighbors in the area and have advised them, if they have any problems with tenants, parking, parties, etc. to give me a call. That is how I learned about the former problems, just understand there are tenant laws that have to be followed.

Amy and Lauren please feel free to contact if you see or notice any more issues at the 49 Meadow Drive and other houses on that street. I work closely with the New Palestine Police Department and will make the necessary calls if you do not want to get involved. I do not check this site, and didn't even know it existed until a couple of weeks ago.
Dan Chopp

United States

#13 Oct 10, 2007
I am not sure why it is showing me in Louisville, KY,I am a resident of Hancock County. If you know how to change let me know.

Thanks
Dean Chap

United States

#14 Apr 3, 2012
Sounds like a spy.....
Dean Chap

United States

#15 Apr 3, 2012
Does anyone know anything about Cameron Pridgen???
anonymous

Greenfield, IN

#16 Apr 23, 2012
While i will not choose to disclose my name. I also have had issues with Dann Chopp. Dan is very underhanded and sneaky. Business dealing with him will leave you scratching your head for sure. He is very dishonest and have heard from many that Dan will try to get out of paying money he rightfully owes to people in one way or another. He will threaten lawsuits etc. Dan since you read this i would just like to say that while you may have the google community fooled. You will answer to what a slimy shit head you are one day. You look like a 12 year old with down syndrome and noone is impressed with what money you THINK you have. Your arrogant and annoying. I have never heard anyone speak with as mych conceit as you do especially when they were as un-impressive as yourself. Your a loser in life Dan. Kharma sucks and you will get yours one day
Danny J

Lafayette, LA

#17 Sep 17, 2013
Daniel Chopp wrote:
To Whom It May Concern:
I am the owner of High-Tech MotorSports, located in New Palestine, Indiana. I just found out about this posting and would like to make reference to Alex who started this posting. This gentleman gave a non-refundable $1000.00 deposit for a car that he wanted to purchase. As in all our EBay listing it states that to make a purchase we require a non-refundable deposit of $1000.00. He thought he had his car sold and was going to use that money to purchase our vehicle. His deal fell through and he could not purchase our vehicle. We had already had vehicle preped and ready for delivery. Alex filed charges with the dealers BMV and they were dismissed as he did not have any merit for any charges. We also had to file a suit against him for other damages of slander, he would not accept the certified letter for court and we had no other means of tracking him down. This person has serious mental problems and does not understand EBay. And by the way we did refund him $800.00 as we only wanted the charges that we had in marketing and prep work for the delivery. I would also address the other gentleman who references the bike being sold, we do not ever offer "second chance offers". PLEASE read the information in our listings. We make a special effort to make sure that there is no fraud. There are many companies that do this service without permission of lister, and try and charge a fee to the lister for bringing them a buyer. WE NEVER WOULD USE THIS SERVICE. These offers should be sent to EBay security for policies violations. I would encourage anyone wanting to buy a vehicle from us to look at our EBay feedback which is 100% positive. Please feel free to contact me at our store at if you have any questions.
I have been looking for a few companies to deal with for an extensive project I am working on and I thank God for posts like these. I would have surely been going through some drama if it weren't for this. Sorry for these guys misfortunes, but thanks for sparing me from it.
Danny J

Lafayette, LA

#18 Sep 17, 2013
U guys have a lot of serious drama.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Palestine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are women such airheads nowadays? (Jul '13) 4 hr Simon 17
Robin Williams is alive and well 4 hr Jake 5
Larue Carter right to work fired 50 good staff 4 hr Juanita 30
Where is everone? 6 hr Dave 6
Beware, don't buy a car from Indiana if you are... 15 hr DavidM 3
anybody looking for a threesome?? (Jan '12) Sun MarissaHope 23
dog fantasy Sat who cares 2
•••
•••
•••