1 student killed, 2 injured in crash

1 student killed, 2 injured in crash

There are 180 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Apr 21, 2007, titled 1 student killed, 2 injured in crash. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Two New Palestine High School students remained in an Indianapolis hospital late Saturday following a traffic crash that claimed the life of their friend and schoolmate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Say what

Fishers, IN

#176 Apr 29, 2007
Let me say it is very sad that this accident happened and that lives were lost before they had a chance to grow into adulthood. I use to live just below the Handcock County line in Shelby County and use to come out of town on U S 52 and cut down the back road to home. I now live about 1/2 mile from the county line in Marion County and know the roads out there very well. One does have to be very careful driving on those roads no matter how old you are or how many years you have been driving. I was one of those young drivers once my self 50 plus years ago and do remember what chances I took and yes it was fun but very dangerous indeed. It is very sad that one person in this case will never get the chance to learn from his mistake. I just hope that others parents dont have to face the same sad news these kids parents had to face. Please students learn from this accident dont become a statistic!!!!!!!!! Drive with care everywhere.
JScottC

Bloomington, IN

#177 May 3, 2007
Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so unimportant. Your age shows.
Your right age is unimportant, but saying that age shows is just another unneeded comment from another person who didn't personally know the crash victims. Have you heard about all these people doing stupid things like drivng on the wrong side of the interstate. Look aat their ages. The people that do these things are not teenagers, but rather grown adults. Age doesn't show like you think it does. Kevin was a good smart kid that had a bright future ahead to look forward to. He made one bad desicion and BAM!!! Everyone begins blaming it on his age and how teenagers are stupid and immature. For those who want an up date on Cory and Amanda's condition, here it is: Amanda was released from the hospital just a few days after the crash. She has some scratches and bruising, but alll in all is doind well. She still has not came back to school, but in due time she will. As for Cory...he is doing a lot better. He is currently at Methodist (third floor I believe). Someone posted that he had two broken legs. This is not quite true. Only one leg is broken. The leg is the least of their problems. Since Cory did break everybone in his face, the surgeons are having to put in lots of plates and screws. Cory will have surgery on his face after that in order to make his face as close as to before the crash as they possibly can. The good news is that Cory has been labeled as a survivor to the car crash and is now on the road to recovery. He may need some organ transplants also. Cory has no head trauma and can reply to questions by squeezing the finger of whoever asking the question. one squeeze = yes, two = no, and three = I love you. They are hoping to have Cory talking again by May 6, 2007. He will also have to go through rehab in order to learn how to walk again. There ar also a few rumors that Cory flatlined after the crash. Believe it or not htese rumors are true. For those wondering where I got all this information, my mom is a nurse on Cory's floor at Methodist. May God be with all the family and friends who are involved with the car crash.
New Palestine Student
Driver 1

Newport, KY

#178 May 3, 2007
opinonated---No! They are still wrecks! They can happen at any time to anyone! Some times you can just be unlucky, and be in the wrong place at the wrong time! Learning what to look for (not always political correct) and situations to avoid, is the key to not having fun times such as spending time in hospitals, and auto body shops! Not all situations have to have numbers to look up on the net...some are learned by personal experiences...you can learn a lot merely by observation! You do decide who your friends are by their actions...don't you? I do admire your zest to learn...remember that what you think may be wrong and make adjustments. Have a good day!

“a girl with opinions”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#179 May 3, 2007
Driver 1 wrote:
opinonated---No! They are still wrecks! They can happen at any time to anyone! Some times you can just be unlucky, and be in the wrong place at the wrong time! Learning what to look for (not always political correct) and situations to avoid, is the key to not having fun times such as spending time in hospitals, and auto body shops! Not all situations have to have numbers to look up on the net...some are learned by personal experiences...you can learn a lot merely by observation! You do decide who your friends are by their actions...don't you? I do admire your zest to learn...remember that what you think may be wrong and make adjustments. Have a good day!
what I meant was if you say a number like 50%, you need to have a source to back it up. You could say many young people are in wrecks within the first 2 years of driving. Sure, I'll buy that. But to say an actual percentage it is always good to have a source. Have a good day as well
Hmmm

United States

#180 May 3, 2007
JScottC wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right age is unimportant, but saying that age shows is just another unneeded comment from another person who didn't personally know the crash victims. Have you heard about all these people doing stupid things like drivng on the wrong side of the interstate. Look aat their ages. The people that do these things are not teenagers, but rather grown adults. Age doesn't show like you think it does. Kevin was a good smart kid that had a bright future ahead to look forward to. He made one bad desicion and BAM!!! Everyone begins blaming it on his age and how teenagers are stupid and immature. For those who want an up date on Cory and Amanda's condition, here it is: Amanda was released from the hospital just a few days after the crash. She has some scratches and bruising, but alll in all is doind well. She still has not came back to school, but in due time she will. As for Cory...he is doing a lot better. He is currently at Methodist (third floor I believe). Someone posted that he had two broken legs. This is not quite true. Only one leg is broken. The leg is the least of their problems. Since Cory did break everybone in his face, the surgeons are having to put in lots of plates and screws. Cory will have surgery on his face after that in order to make his face as close as to before the crash as they possibly can. The good news is that Cory has been labeled as a survivor to the car crash and is now on the road to recovery. He may need some organ transplants also. Cory has no head trauma and can reply to questions by squeezing the finger of whoever asking the question. one squeeze = yes, two = no, and three = I love you. They are hoping to have Cory talking again by May 6, 2007. He will also have to go through rehab in order to learn how to walk again. There ar also a few rumors that Cory flatlined after the crash. Believe it or not htese rumors are true. For those wondering where I got all this information, my mom is a nurse on Cory's floor at Methodist. May God be with all the family and friends who are involved with the car crash.
New Palestine Student
So glad we have HIPAA to protect the privacy of patients. This mother should be fired for telling all about these patients. It is the patient family's right to keep their loved one's health a private matter. Shame on this mother and healthcare worker. Methodist should be fined the maximum amount for allowing that information out.
Driver 1

Newport, KY

#181 May 3, 2007
opinionated---Why don't we meet! Together we will have a survey, for every one that has not wrecked, I will hand you a hundred...if they have wrecked within their first two driving years...you will hand me a hundred! I'll bring a couple of hundred dollar bills...you on the other hand will need too bring a big box of hundreds! Or, check with your insurance agent and ask if you can get a reduction in rates either when you get married or turn twenty-five years old! Tell us what they say!

“a girl with opinions”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#182 May 3, 2007
Driver 1 wrote:
opinionated---Why don't we meet! Together we will have a survey, for every one that has not wrecked, I will hand you a hundred...if they have wrecked within their first two driving years...you will hand me a hundred! I'll bring a couple of hundred dollar bills...you on the other hand will need too bring a big box of hundreds! Or, check with your insurance agent and ask if you can get a reduction in rates either when you get married or turn twenty-five years old! Tell us what they say!
Look, I was just saying that it is good to have proof of what you are saying. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm saying I'd like to see where you got your numbers. And from what I hear the 25 years old is for males, 21 for females reduction rates.
Eastside resident

Morristown, IN

#183 May 10, 2007
Thoughts and prayers are with the families.
Spence

Grayslake, IL

#184 Jun 18, 2009
zosimo wrote:
it may not be appropriate to bring this subject up at this occassion, but i think its insanity to allow a 17(also a 16 year old)year old to drive a car.
my child would never be allowed to get in any car driven by a 17 year old.
the parents to allow this young person to be driving past midnite will have to live with this decision to do so unfortunately. only bad things happen to young people(late teens, early 20s)when out past midnite. a 17 year old is to damn immature to even begin to think of the danger that comes with driving a car specially when in a car with a 16 year old and 18 year old.
may his friends but espically the friends parents learn from this sad event.
hey guess what its not yourproblem so take your opinion else where
Driver 1

Willowbrook, IL

#185 Jun 19, 2009
Spence wrote:
<quoted text>hey guess what its not yourproblem so take your opinion else where
Hey Spence.....surprised to see this tread reappear after two years! Just curious but why did you reprise it? Just trolling the web, know some of those involved?

Wonder if any previous posters have updates on those involved, the posters, etc?

Have any changes occurred, road design, road signage, etc?

Are any posters still in school High, College, etc?

Any posters still on this forum using the same or different names?

Has any opinions changed?

Anyone have answers?
God loves

New Palestine, IN

#186 Jun 19, 2009
God loves you 3 and will always.
God loves

New Palestine, IN

#187 Jun 19, 2009
spence you need to shut up and leave how would you feel if that was your son that died and if you read your note.
Spencer

Chicago, IL

#188 Sep 5, 2009
Friend in NP wrote:
Corey passed away yesterday afternoon after being in a coma since Friday.
My brother didnt die
Sorry

United States

#189 Sep 7, 2009
So sad
Spencer

Chicago, IL

#190 Oct 15, 2009
God loves wrote:
spence you need to shut up and leave how would you feel if that was your son that died and if you read your note.
I know how it feels it is my brother
Jack

New Palestine, IN

#191 Jan 19, 2010
this is a public forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. but that doesn't mean u need to embrace it. People like 'Driver 1'only post because they feel self righteous and like they know more and are "higher" than other people. Just because you state and opinion or give advice...doesnt mean its right. People like you only comment on tender subjects because you want to get a reaction out of people, you like to argue just for the sport if it. Which is fine, but im trying to get everyone else to avoid the insensitive, narcissistic, self righteous people on this blog. Cory is fine and well and i couldnt be happier for that. He is touring around his county and the schools in the district about unsafe driving habits, and it is really hitting home.
Driver 1

Round Lake, IL

#192 Jan 20, 2010
Jack wrote:
this is a public forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. but that doesn't mean u need to embrace it. People like 'Driver 1'only post because they feel self righteous and like they know more and are "higher" than other people. Just because you state and opinion or give advice...doesnt mean its right. People like you only comment on tender subjects because you want to get a reaction out of people, you like to argue just for the sport if it. Which is fine, but im trying to get everyone else to avoid the insensitive, narcissistic, self righteous people on this blog. Cory is fine and well and i couldnt be happier for that. He is touring around his county and the schools in the district about unsafe driving habits, and it is really hitting home.
Sorry, Jack, I, like others, comment on any subject that concerns us! Tender has nothing to do with it!! On the other hand.....Others behavior that can effect our lives we feel very able to comment on! If your gotta do it.....do it right! Any action that is done that can inflict injury or death to others is very much all our business! If it effects tender toes so be it!
If Cory is well and talking to others that is a good thing. Everyone can learn from others. Being self righteous and "higher" is only seen by those who are not sure that they themselves are right. I "argue" politics. Trust me, Jack, as I render an opinion on this topic I's knows what I's is talking about! Good day to you and be safe in all of your endeavours.
Jack

New Palestine, IN

#193 Jan 21, 2010
how exactly did this effect your life driver 1?
its me

London, KY

#194 Feb 1, 2010
oh goodness
jesse

Louisville, KY

#195 Apr 14, 2011
for any of u that didnt know kevin yall have no right to even comment on this yall r reatarted as hell frill rip kevin we miss u

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Palestine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nearly 50 nabbed in suburban Indianapolis drug-... 1 hr True 3
Evicting a Crackhead 1 hr roaster 1
john peppercorn the prophet 6 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
Thank God Hillary didn't win! 7 hr Drain the swamp L... 4
Dick Racist Gregory Dead 8 hr Place ur betz 8
News Indiana State Fair asks vendors to drop Confede... 17 hr put em in a museum 6
Bannon: Trump presidency is over 19 hr Bye Bye Bannon By... 3

New Palestine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Palestine Mortgages