1 student killed, 2 injured in crash

1 student killed, 2 injured in crash

There are 180 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Apr 21, 2007, titled 1 student killed, 2 injured in crash. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Two New Palestine High School students remained in an Indianapolis hospital late Saturday following a traffic crash that claimed the life of their friend and schoolmate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Matt

Louisville, KY

#1 Apr 21, 2007
I hope for the best for the two who survived.
Saddened in Indy

Fort Wayne, IN

#2 Apr 21, 2007
Kevin was family. A wonderful boy with a very bright future ahead of him. My heart is broken for him and his parents. All we can do now is pray that Corey and Amanda recover and that Kevin finds peace.
The Willis Family

Winchester, KY

#3 Apr 21, 2007
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families. Keven's family lives down the road from us.

“a girl with opinions”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#4 Apr 21, 2007
Matt wrote:
I hope for the best for the two who survived.
seconded, my thoughts are with Kevin's family
The Rest of the Story

Carmel, IN

#5 Apr 22, 2007
Kids don't know how to drive, never have, never will. They're all accidents waiting to happen.
Such a Waste

Montgomery, IN

#7 Apr 22, 2007
Think of all the years of love, sacrifice, and (least of importance, but still a viable thought) money that were invested in raising these kids. The future that Kevin was set to enter, potential greatness, gone. Also, surviving an accident such as this does not necessarily mean "in pre-accident condition". These survivors may face a lifetime of disability, pain, even guilt. I'll pray for them, and for Kevin, that somthing good may come of this senseless tragedy.
Semperfi

Florence, KY

#8 Apr 22, 2007
To: Rest of the Story Poster

Reply: You were/are a kid once too. IF you're an adult I can only gather from your post that you:(1) don't drive,(2) never went through childhood or teenage years and somehow were BORN with the ability to drive and drive well, or (3) are a moron. Which is it?
Perry fan

Redwood City, CA

#9 Apr 22, 2007
We never now when God will call us home. I pray for the entire New Pal community especially the students that must cope with such a loss!
New Pal

Louisville, KY

#10 Apr 22, 2007
So sad. No bad weather last night, someone just made a simple mistake on a really narrow road with drop offs and trees. The two that lived and the family of the one that didn't will remember this night every day for the rest of thier lives. We have two little boys that I don't think will be allowed to leave the house until they are 30...
AGAIN I SEE

Forest, IN

#11 Apr 22, 2007
THAT GOD HAS CALLED A GOOD ONE HOME AND THAT HE WILL BE BACK SOMEDAY EVEN BETTER TO ACCEPT AND HANDLE ALL THIHGS REMEMBER THAT GOD DOES NOT PUT ON YOUR SHOULDERS THINGS THAT YOU CANNOT CARRY
Mom Too

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Apr 22, 2007
Heartbreaking. I hope these young people and their families know that they are in the hearts and prayers of their entire community and beyond.
Realist

Carmel, IN

#13 Apr 22, 2007
AGAIN I SEE wrote:
THAT GOD HAS CALLED A GOOD ONE HOME AND THAT HE WILL BE BACK SOMEDAY EVEN BETTER TO ACCEPT AND HANDLE ALL THIHGS REMEMBER THAT GOD DOES NOT PUT ON YOUR SHOULDERS THINGS THAT YOU CANNOT CARRY
If it was God calling him home, why did he have to smash him into a tree first? Your fairy tales don't help. Get real.

Since: Feb 07

On your PC screen

#14 Apr 22, 2007
RIP... and quick recovery to the survivors!!
GOD

West Newton, IN

#15 Apr 22, 2007
Maybe to wake him up. Like one day I will wake you up too. Your "Reality" is just an illusion you has created around yourself.
Misty Mullen

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Apr 22, 2007
my heart goes out to kevin and his family. i wish the best to amanda and corey. kevin wasnt only my best friend but he was a part of my family. he had many goals set for himself. you will always be remebered and loved.
The Mullen Family

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Apr 22, 2007
We hope the best for the two that did survuve. Kevin wasn't only our best friend but he was family to us. Our hearts go out to Amanda and Corey and Kevins parents. You will be forever missed and loved.
Last Post

Fort Wayne, IN

#19 Apr 22, 2007
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was God calling him home, why did he have to smash him into a tree first? Your fairy tales don't help. Get real.
You may be a realist, but you are also a cold-hearted, sarcastic, jaded, jerk of major proportions. Perhaps you haven't had much experience with death, but there are much worse ways to die than hitting a tree and never knowing what hit you. Whether you belive in God or not -- your nasty comments are not appreciated here and even if others don't care what you say because this is a public forum, I want you to know that I do care. Perhaps you get off by posting here and trying to shock and hurt people, but you might consider canning your hatefulness long enough to remember that there is now another mother mourning the loss of her beloved son and perhaps she may read these posts. I pray to God she doesn't read this because your words will hurt her for the rest of her life.
As for the other nasty individual who said "Kids are just accidents waiting to happen" -- please crawl back under your rock too. Kevin was a responsible, loving boy who was on the edge of being an amazing adult. His parents are equally amazing people who loved their son with all their hearts. They didn't deserve that comment when Kevin's only mistake was inexperience while driving on a dark country road. Many experienced adults make similar mistakes. What Kevin deserves is our respect and prayers that he finds peace.
Don't bother to respond because it will be pointless and you won't get your usual enjoyment out of it -- you can't upset me anymore because I won't be posting here anymore or reading. For those of you who had kind words to say -- thank you from the bottom of my heart. Goodbye Kevin. This one was for you.
Brittany

United States

#20 Apr 22, 2007
I can't even express how much sorrow I am feeling. I went to school with Kevin and hung out with him a few times. He was an amazing, outgoing, and fun person to be around. I keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason. It was extremely weird because all the teachers and school were talking about how prom was this weekend and how everyone needed to drive safe. Well before prom had even come, someone had already died. When we (me and my friends) heard there had been an accident we all prayed that it was nobody from our school. It was like we completely jinxed ourselves. As for the comment made about kids don't know how to drive, you were a kid once to. I don't find that comment very supportive to someone like me and the other students at my school. That is not what we need to hear right now. WE LOVE YOU KEVIN AND WE WILL SUFFER FROM A GREAT LOSS. THIS WEEK WILL BE TERRIBLE AT SCHOOL. Mandy and Cory, hope things get better for you. LOVE YOU ALL
Colette

Fort Wayne, IN

#21 Apr 22, 2007
Britany -- here's a hug for you and your friends. We do care about you and how hurt you are. Just ignore people who say mean things.

Kevin loved all of you too. Go to your prom and remember him -- and make him proud.
Sadie

Columbia, MD

#22 Apr 22, 2007
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry for you that you don't believe in a higher power. That is your right. But in a situation such as this one, I feel you should keep your thoughts to yourself and respect the family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Palestine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
questions about felony 12 hr BigMike68 3
The Burger Chef Murders (Dec '13) 16 hr Big pickle 37
Fake news sexual groping Fri Insane 2
MSM still trying to Insane Trump Nov 16 Trumpedlittlefatman 3
Link to murdered girls in Delphi Nov 15 Fall 24
News Indianapolis suing several opioid makers and di... Nov 14 omg 1
Pence NFL stunt cost cost Indianapolis P.D. $14K Nov 14 Wasting your mone... 1

New Palestine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance