8 area wrestlers still undefeated

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Reaching state finals, however, is their biggest concern Dreyer & Reinbold BMW VW Great Deals at Dreyer & Reinbold Greenwood on New and Pre-Owned Certified BMW, Infiniti, Volkswagen and now Subaru!. Click for ...
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Feb 9, 2008
formerwrestler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2008

It's always to bad when someone has to lose in a tourney... BUT that being said somebody HAS to lose and be eliminated from the tourney.... I mean that is the whoe point of having a tourney i the first place.

I feel sorry for the good wrestlers that drew the bracket they are in... But if they wrestle well enough they will be the champion.
Jim

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2008

formerwrestler wrote:
It's always to bad when someone has to lose in a tourney... BUT that being said somebody HAS to lose and be eliminated from the tourney.... I mean that is the whoe point of having a tourney i the first place.
I feel sorry for the good wrestlers that drew the bracket they are in... But if they wrestle well enough they will be the champion.
I agree with the idea that full wrestlebacks would make for a more fair tournament. Those kids going through New Castle will normally find it a much more difficult trip to State than other Semi-States. Every year there are kids who get through other places who wouldn't ever make it out of there.
That being said, part of the excitement of the tournament in it's current form is the meat grinder effect of fighting your way through, it is the most brutal, and because of that exciting tournament in all of Indiana High School sports.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent New Palestine Discussions

Search the New Palestine Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Family of 15-year-old Indianapolis murder victi... 7 hr Pontificating 2
Ebay Exodus: Why Are Thousands of Sellers Leavi... (Jun '13) 15 hr OnlineBlogger 44
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Wed Two Cents 86
Purdue offering veterinary camps at State Fair Wed Coda1 1
They're Here Tue single smoking n looking 2
Parc Bordeaux Apts Awful Tue single smoking n looking 3
Knockout Game in Broad-Robbers Tue Ralph 3
•••
•••
•••
New Palestine Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••