Hanover woman killed in Maryland coll...

Hanover woman killed in Maryland collision

There are 4 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hanover woman killed in Maryland collision. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

A Hanover woman was killed Tuesday on Route 30 in Carroll County, Md., when a tire came off a pickup truck and struck her windshield just south of the Pennsylvania line.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Just_Me

United States

#1 Jan 5, 2011
Calling it "STATE Route 30 in Carroll County, MD" might eliminate a bit of confusion over whether the matter has been reported properly, especially with the YDR's reputation of occasional remiss in its reporting.
Duh

Gaithersburg, MD

#2 Jan 5, 2011
Just_Me wrote:
Calling it "STATE Route 30 in Carroll County, MD" might eliminate a bit of confusion over whether the matter has been reported properly, especially with the YDR's reputation of occasional remiss in its reporting.
Or a little bit of deductive reasoning on the part of the readers. Does everything have to be spoon-fed to you like a little kid. Stop complaining.
Just_Me

United States

#3 Jan 5, 2011
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Or a little bit of deductive reasoning on the part of the readers. Does everything have to be spoon-fed to you like a little kid. Stop complaining.
Is it too much to ask for a little more standard of quality in journalism? If someone's paying for access to all of the articles YDR provides, the news damn well better be spoon fed to them. All information in the articles should be consistently comprehensive and indisputable.

Far be it from me to keep track of every route number in every state surrounding my vicinity. To me, and most likely many others in this newspaper's hometown, Route 30 is a prominent U.S. Highway stretching from New Jersey to Oregon, not a petty 20 mile "shortcut" in Maryland.
Road Warrior

Jonestown, PA

#4 Jan 5, 2011
Just_Me wrote:
Maybe Maryland will some day consider making the route number consistent, as they (and Delaward) have done with route 896.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Apr 24 Kerry Scheele 6,544
News Two sentenced in construction fraud case (Feb '11) Apr 11 mymomwasscammed 28
News Police: Gettysburg man fractured child's skull Apr 8 Davenport 6
News Last person pleads in $4.8M cocaine ring Mar 29 Fitus T Bluster 1
News Cat dies after possible abuse in Hanover Mar '16 Squach 51
News Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) Mar '16 Davenport 28
News Rutter's Opens 'Monument to Convenience' Feb '16 Steve Gratman 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Oxford Mortgages