New Oxford man charged with child rape

New Oxford man charged with child rape

There are 65 comments on the Evening Sun story from Aug 6, 2012, titled New Oxford man charged with child rape. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

State Police in Gettysburg filed criminal charges against Terry Lee Harget of New Oxford Saturday with sexual assault of a 12-year-old child.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Laurie

Ardsley, NY

#65 Aug 14, 2012
11th Pennsylvania wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to your niece is a great tragedy. It should not happen to any child anywhere. Children should be able to enjoy their youth, and not have to worry about this kind of person. Parents should be able to allow their children to play in the yard, go to school, and visit friends without fear of such things happening to them.
But regretfully there are such predators out there in every community. What has taken this thread off the subject is people who are making the claim that such things only happen in this little community, but much to my regret such things happen all over.
Doing a search of child predators I found that Gettysburg has 44 registered predators. Stuart Florida has 128 registered offenders; Whitestone New York has 1288 registered offenders.
Unfortunately, there are some who do not live in this find community, who for some reason want to make things look much worse than they are. They immediately exaggerate anything that happens here and blow it way out of proportion. This happening, local people want to defend their community with the facts.
Once again, I am sorry such a thing happened to your niece, but such things happen in every community, and people in those communities are outraged about such things, and Gettysburg is no different. I wish it was.
I am sorry.....BUT
This shouldn't happen....BUT
Gettysburg is a safe area.....BUT

You sound like an apologist, and one who doesn't even have the common courtesy to apologize for your ignorance without qualification. Saying "but" after one of your kowtows means you really weren't serious about your apologies.

Face it, your little town is inundated with violent crime. I actually think you deserve it. I'd love to see some pain sent your way. Too bad that the crime also affects good decent people in Gettysburg.

You are absolutely POWERLESS to stop it.

Since: Mar 11

Gettysburg, PA

#66 Aug 14, 2012
Laurie wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry.....BUT
This shouldn't happen....BUT
Gettysburg is a safe area.....BUT
You sound like an apologist, and one who doesn't even have the common courtesy to apologize for your ignorance without qualification. Saying "but" after one of your kowtows means you really weren't serious about your apologies.
Face it, your little town is inundated with violent crime. I actually think you deserve it. I'd love to see some pain sent your way. Too bad that the crime also affects good decent people in Gettysburg.
You are absolutely POWERLESS to stop it.
Once again provide proof and not just an unsupported opinion.
Tinker

Emmaus, PA

#67 Aug 14, 2012
AC Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he was talking about all of us. Feel free to talk to yourself from now on. I'm done with any further conversation on this thread. And I really don't care what you think I am.
that's the best posting I've read in a long time.
Laurie

Ardsley, NY

#68 Aug 15, 2012
Tinker wrote:
<quoted text>that's the best posting I've read in a long time.
That's a man who ran out of beer money for the month already. Get real.
Gerrr

Hanover, PA

#69 Aug 24, 2012
Laurie wrote:
Anyone who would rape a child must be taken off the streets for a long long time.
Sadly, many times these sickos get away with it, especially in small towns like Gettysburg; where the good ol' boys network still operates.
You people make me sick, there's a child involved and you guys are arguing about your differences like a bunch of old ladies.
It's just a child, its ok if our labor force gets to low or we need more tax revenue we can make more of the little brats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Tue SnackTime 7,313
News Police log: Subject defecated on a porch Jun 26 Steve Gratman 5
Review: Hanover School Of Ballet (Aug '11) Jun 17 olddancemom 4
News 13 nabbed in prostitution bust (Mar '08) Jun 3 Anonymous 46
News Klan plans rallies in Pa. (Aug '06) Jun 3 Fitus T Bluster 378
Ummmm......yeah (Oct '16) Feb '17 yawdim 3
News Tough economy forces Bentley's to close doors (Nov '09) Feb '17 Boo Hoo 58

New Oxford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance