Straban Township home severely damage...

Straban Township home severely damaged by fire.

There are 12 comments on the Evening Sun story from Jan 17, 2011, titled Straban Township home severely damaged by fire.. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Firefighter Buzz Phillips, of United Hook and Ladder Co. No. 33, battles a house fire along Swift Run Road in Straban Township, Adams County, late Monday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Duh

Everett, PA

#1 Jan 18, 2011
I ask --did any of the four think calling 9-1-1 might be important ? Accidental in nature. We'll see.
Fire Marshal Bill

Gettysburg, PA

#2 Jan 18, 2011
Where does it say none of them called 911? We have been teaching people to first GET OUT then call 911. As it looks they did the right thing, and none of the occupants were injured, and no firefighters were injured trying to rescue trapped victims.
Family Friend

Dover, PA

#3 Jan 18, 2011
Just curious "Duh" what makes you thik the family didn't call right away? That was the first phone call they made as they were running out of the house. Furthermore, why would the family torch the home when they didn't have renters insurance? They lost everything! Although the cause of the fire is unknown since an investigator has yet to determine it, the family was using a wood stove to heat their home. It appears to them this is where the fire started. So, "Duh" I surely hope you never experience losing your home to a fire, but if you do remember your words of advice to dial 9-1-1 becuase just dialing 9-1-1 will make everything all better.
Duh wrote:
I ask --did any of the four think calling 9-1-1 might be important ? Accidental in nature. We'll see.
TDL

York, PA

#4 Jan 18, 2011
Douchbag
Duh wrote:
Get Real People

Washington, DC

#5 Jan 18, 2011
Duh wrote:
Your name says it all. Ef yew.
adams county

Port Royal, PA

#6 Jan 19, 2011
Family Friend wrote:
Just curious "Duh" what makes you thik the family didn't call right away? That was the first phone call they made as they were running out of the house. Furthermore, why would the family torch the home when they didn't have renters insurance? They lost everything! Although the cause of the fire is unknown since an investigator has yet to determine it, the family was using a wood stove to heat their home. It appears to them this is where the fire started. So, "Duh" I surely hope you never experience losing your home to a fire, but if you do remember your words of advice to dial 9-1-1 becuase just dialing 9-1-1 will make everything all better.
<quoted text>
Does the family need anything
K_Livingston

Quarryville, PA

#7 Jan 19, 2011
Devastating! My family lost almost EVERYTHING! Including their home! Please,keep my family in your prayers! The Good Lord will see us all through this catastrophe! God Bless you ALL!
K_Livingston

Quarryville, PA

#8 Jan 19, 2011
adams county wrote:
<quoted text>Does the family need anything
At this time,we're just asking for prayers... Once they get their new home,they will be needing some things...(Dining room furniture,Living Room furniture,etc.) Unfortunately,my father didn't have renter's insurance so all of their personal item's won't be taken care of. Thank you all for your concerns and prayers. And "Duh", this is a very tragic thing that happened,why would you be an as*hole about something such as this,acting like people are stupid or something?!?!?! Grow up! You're very ignorant!
K_Livingston

Quarryville, PA

#9 Jan 19, 2011
And "Duh",just FYI,my father's foot is messed up to where he has to walk around on crutches. As soon as he noticed the fire,he told my step-mom to get my 6 year old sister and my brother's dog and get out of the house,ran barefooted outside of the house to try to put the fire out WHILE HE WAS CALLING 911!!! DO YOU REALLY THINK A FATHER IS GOING TO TRY AND BURN HIS OWN HOUSE DOWN WITH HIS FIANCEE AND 6 YEAR OLD CHILD INSIDE?!?!?!?! What was your purpose of commenting on here?!?!?! HUH? TELL ME THAT?!?!?! UR FU**ING IGNORANT! Be happy that I don't know you!
adams county

Port Royal, PA

#10 Jan 20, 2011
K_Livingston wrote:
<quoted text>
At this time,we're just asking for prayers... Once they get their new home,they will be needing some things...(Dining room furniture,Living Room furniture,etc.) Unfortunately,my father didn't have renter's insurance so all of their personal item's won't be taken care of. Thank you all for your concerns and prayers. And "Duh", this is a very tragic thing that happened,why would you be an as*hole about something such as this,acting like people are stupid or something?!?!?! Grow up! You're very ignorant!
we are just down the road from them if you can email me Ill see what we can get together for them [email protected]
T Bankert

Gettysburg, PA

#11 Jan 20, 2011
thank you all for your prayers and blessings. they are staying with me and my family. K. Livingston is my cousin, and I understand where he is coming from. Please, if you do not have anything nice to say, do not say it at all. This is already hard on us, and we do not need or appreciate the rude comments, and thank you to everyone, we are so greatful! God Bless!
C Bankert

Gettysburg, PA

#12 Jan 20, 2011
To "Duh"...Hmmm, Ahhhh, Huh, Ya don't say! Well now, let me tell ya a little story. 4 yrs ago my big bro built a home, then, my other big bro & his family moved in. Well, to save $$ in order to put food on the table, they decided to utilize the fallen trees as a means to heat their home. Huh, well, guess what? Unfortunately something went wrong and damn, the house burned down. The "Mrs" called 911 as they were ALL running out of the house. Oh, yeah, HE was running from one end to the other with a hose trying desperately to extinguish the fire, barefooted and no coat! Uh Huh you think? Well, the Lord will judge you someday and I will not for your unkind words and judgement. I will say that it has been terribly difficult not to be able to do things that my daughter and I would normally be able to do. However, when I was casually driving down the road and had PLANNED on stopping in to check on my brother (ya know, cuz I care), an unbelievable amount of fire trucks/ambulances were there attempting to save the home! However, they did not and by the Grace of God, I was able to give them shelter.
So, take your negativity and stuff it where the Sun don't shine! The community has shown an overwhelming sense of generosity and compassion for these people who they do NOT know by giving from their hearts. No one, I mean NO ONE, should ever have to go through what Bryan and his family are experiencing. I thank God for them, meaning, Buche' and his peeps and everyone who has a heart and is willing to help them make a new beginning.
By the way "Duh", are you any relation to the Donkey who made similar comments to Mrs. Buche' as we were attempting to buy food with funds that the Red cross gave them to put food on the table? Just asking...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 1 hr Probably getting ... 7,284
Ummmm......yeah (Oct '16) Feb '17 yawdim 3
News Tough economy forces Bentley's to close doors (Nov '09) Feb '17 Boo Hoo 58
News Woman accused of hitting man with belt at bar, ... Jan '17 Ed S 1
News Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jan '17 Tommy 32
News Babies shaken or not? (Mar '08) Jan '17 Meep 17
News York County High School adds campus in New Oxford (Jul '08) Jan '16 Steve Gratman 9

New Oxford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Oxford Mortgages