Farm show legend a snow job

Farm show legend a snow job

There are 6 comments on the Evening Sun story from Jan 12, 2011, titled Farm show legend a snow job. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Hanover resident Bob Yong digs out his front walk Wednesday morning, the fifth day of the annual Pennsylvania Farm Show.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

not long

Hanover, PA

#1 Jan 13, 2011
should not be long before the state says they went over there budget for the snowfall this year.
Duh

Everett, PA

#2 Jan 13, 2011
Now here's something amusing. FACT: "The Old Farmers' Almanac" ,"Farmer's Almanac" and "The Town Kountry Almanack of Hagerstown ,Md." are all based on 10 year forecasts. Each year the current Almanac is printed by August , for the prevailing year. As in , all forecasts are predicted as of 2000 for 2011. The 2012 forecasts are based on 2002 predictions etc etc. Every year we get snow for the Farm Show. This little Flurry activity was predicted and is exactly as compared to what all three Almanacs have been cited. nothing but flurries with accumulation for Region 8 -The Appalachian Region. THIS weekend is what needs to be worried about as the huge storm is approaching the southern Oregon coastline. Both blizzards hitting the I-95 corridor--predicted way back in 2000. THIS NEW STORM is what needs to be watched. Perhaps one would consider moving the Farm Show into late February , or , continue to listen to those entertainers on The Weather Channel , which is owned by Time/Life- Warner and the parent company is an Arabian Oil Company.I bet you folks didn't know that. Or the fact that most of the so-called meteorologists were Air force Pilots who continue to fly the Hurricane chaser Aircraft. Nothing but glorified Navigators who can read a radar screen. So crank up those thermostats as the FARCE they call the wind chill factor is going to be cold. When it's 25 degrees air temp. and the wind is blowing at 100 mph, the FACT is, the Temperature is still 25 degrees. More coffee please.
damifino

Carlisle, PA

#3 Jan 13, 2011
Duh wrote:
Now here's something amusing. FACT: "The Old Farmers' Almanac" ,"Farmer's Almanac" and "The Town Kountry Almanack of Hagerstown ,Md." are all based on 10 year forecasts. Each year the current Almanac is printed by August , for the prevailing year. As in , all forecasts are predicted as of 2000 for 2011. The 2012 forecasts are based on 2002 predictions etc etc. Every year we get snow for the Farm Show. This little Flurry activity was predicted and is exactly as compared to what all three Almanacs have been cited. nothing but flurries with accumulation for Region 8 -The Appalachian Region. THIS weekend is what needs to be worried about as the huge storm is approaching the southern Oregon coastline. Both blizzards hitting the I-95 corridor--predicted way back in 2000. THIS NEW STORM is what needs to be watched. Perhaps one would consider moving the Farm Show into late February , or , continue to listen to those entertainers on The Weather Channel , which is owned by Time/Life- Warner and the parent company is an Arabian Oil Company.I bet you folks didn't know that. Or the fact that most of the so-called meteorologists were Air force Pilots who continue to fly the Hurricane chaser Aircraft. Nothing but glorified Navigators who can read a radar screen. So crank up those thermostats as the FARCE they call the wind chill factor is going to be cold. When it's 25 degrees air temp. and the wind is blowing at 100 mph, the FACT is, the Temperature is still 25 degrees. More coffee please.
Guess i better call my firewood guy & order a couple more cords of firewood LOL
Duh

Everett, PA

#4 Jan 13, 2011
damifino wrote:
<quoted text>Guess i better call my firewood guy & order a couple more cords of firewood LOL
Yeah, and when the Admiral of Fleet Ops at Norfolk issues a Sorte Order that's when you know a huge storm is coming. The ships were ordered out last week.
dragonbabe

Shippensburg, PA

#5 Jan 13, 2011
it does seem to snow almost every year when the farm show is on,regardless what the farmers almanac happens to say. I does seem strange. But at least a person can prepare theirselves a head of time for milk bread and toilet paper instead of panicking that they are going to run out.
Gene

Landisburg, PA

#6 Jan 13, 2011
The #1 fact I was looking for in the story, and I didn't see it. The show has been around for 95 years, in how many of those years has it snowed during the farm show?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 8 hr Out of there 6,961
Utz buys Golden Flake Jul 27 jim thompson 1
Lovely School Taxes (Jan '12) Jul 23 Jan 22
News Last chance to get free fresh produce from Agen... Jul 23 test 1
Kitchen Fitters Manchester Jul 1 ceagceog432 1
News York County High School adds campus in New Oxford (Jul '08) Jan '16 Steve Gratman 9
News Former car dealer charged with theft (Mar '09) Jan '15 Neil Hoffstot 83

New Oxford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Oxford Mortgages