Sammy of Miami

Jacksonville, FL

#5661 Aug 27, 2014
southsider68 wrote:
Anyone have information about bring legal action against Snyders lance. Our route has been up since we took over, Now that we are wanting to sell or DM and Zone manager have been picking at everything.
Had an IBO in our area experience similar problems, Zone mngr began to harass and even try to extort IBO into selling his route, After this individual reported this to S-L's attorney and General counsel zone manager backed off and IBO has since sold his route and moved on. Attorney's name for Snyders-Lance is Michael Anderson.
Sammy of Miami

Jacksonville, FL

#5662 Aug 27, 2014
Sammy of Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
Had an IBO in our area experience similar problems, Zone mngr began to harass and even try to extort IBO into selling his route, After this individual reported this to S-L's attorney and General counsel zone manager backed off and IBO has since sold his route and moved on. Attorney's name for Snyders-Lance is Michael Anderson.
Every IBO should read this, Too Bad Snyder's management hasn't

http://www.bakeryandsnacks.com/Processing-Pac...
bbqbob2001

Euless, TX

#5663 Aug 27, 2014
southsider68 wrote:
Anyone have information about bring legal action against Snyders lance. Our route has been up since we took over, Now that we are wanting to sell or DM and Zone manager have been picking at everything.
Yeah Micheal Anderson is a good source. I have talked to him a few times about selling my route and helping my route back before the snyders-lance merge. Ruth Brooks is another good source that gave me a lot of details when I was going threw the selling process. Good luck
Anonymous

United States

#5664 Aug 28, 2014
bbqbob2001 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Micheal Anderson is a good source. I have talked to him a few times about selling my route and helping my route back before the snyders-lance merge. Ruth Brooks is another good source that gave me a lot of details when I was going threw the selling process. Good luck
how would I get a hold of these people?
b
Anonymous

United States

#5665 Aug 28, 2014
I got our numbers for the year. We have a 15.739% markup. That's with our bonus money.
Ok I am not one to sit around and take it. Let me know if you have had the same results. Its time for all of us to unite and get legal help.
Ssl

Pearl, MS

#5666 Aug 28, 2014
Legacy wrote:
RIP Mike Warehime!
Send
Flowers
Order
Flowers
by Phone
Send a
Sympathy
Card
Michael A. Warehime, 73, loving husband of Tricia A. Warehime, passed away peacefully on Saturday, August 23, 2014 at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.

Born on Wednesday, February 19, 1941 in Hanover, he was a son of the late Alan R. and Rosedrey Rohrbaugh Warehime. After becoming an Eagle Scout, he was a graduate of the Massanutten Military Academy in Woodstock, VA and was an honorary member of the Eichelberger High School class of 1959. In 1964, he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Business and Economics from Lycoming College in Williamsport and later attended the University of Toledo School of Law. He served with Hanover’s National Guard unit from 1967-74

In 1972, Mr. Warehime became the President and Chief Executive Officer of Snyder’s of Hanover and oversaw its success through the years. In 2009, he was recognized by his peers in the industry by induction into the Snack Food Association Circle of Honor. Within the last 10 years, he became an owner of Seafood America and was instrumental in reviving the company to its current status. Greatly respected by his employees and peers, he was dedicated to giving back to the Hanover community as well. He was a member of Trinity United Church of Christ, where he served on the Endowment and Finance Committees, he supported the building and development of Clearview Terrace, served on the Board of Directors of Hanover Hospital for 25 years and the Farmer’s Bank and Trust in Hanover, and was a member of the Arcadian Social Club. He loved working in his vegetable garden and claimed to grow the “sweetest corn in Hanover”.

Surviving, in addition to his wife of 36 years, are his three children, Kate Mininger and her husband, Jason, of Hanover, Susan Rupp and her husband, Frank, of West Chester, and Elizabeth Warehime of Hanover; four grandchildren, Maggie and Sophie Mininger, and Harrison and Evan Rupp; a sister, Sally Warehime Yelland Ehrhart and her husband, Sidney; a brother John A. Warehime and his wife, Patty, all of Hanover; and numerous nieces and nephews.

A memorial service will be held at 11 am Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at Trinity United Church of Christ with The Revs. Kenneth S. Heasley, Peg Grzelkowski and Brenda Marin officiating. Burial will be private.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Trinity United Church of Christ Endowment Fund, 116 York Street, Hanover, PA 17331 or to the Johns Hopkins Hospital Cardiac Unit, 1800 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21287.
Share on facebookShare on emailMore Sharing Services

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#5669 Sep 7, 2014
looks like everyone is very satisfied now... no comments in 10 days!!! a new record here...lol
Pickensb

Fort White, FL

#5670 Sep 7, 2014
wildkat wrote:
looks like everyone is very satisfied now... no comments in 10 days!!! a new record here...lol
Guess all the people who cared and new how to make money left for better jobs! I sold my route 3 yrs ago and left for a fullfilling job. I actually have a fullfilling job that i do not get screwed over
every day!
geitae

Guilford, CT

#5671 Sep 7, 2014
I just sold my route still getting screwed waiting for the rest of my money thank god I'm Otto there
Wharfs for Cape Cod

Hanover, PA

#5672 Sep 8, 2014
Don't confuse silence with apathy. You can only complain about the lying (20%), out of stocks, stupid shippers, too many new items that we cut our good selling product to put in, no vacation help, etc. Did I mention the lying??
Long rod

United States

#5673 Sep 8, 2014
Wharfs for Cape Cod wrote:
Don't confuse silence with apathy. You can only complain about the lying (20%), out of stocks, stupid shippers, too many new items that we cut our good selling product to put in, no vacation help, etc. Did I mention the lying??
Lol wharf is right it's fallen on death ears .. Eventually you just have to do it on ur own cause these fools could screw up a wet dream .
Southern family man

Yukon, OK

#5674 Sep 9, 2014
Hey guys,
This may be a stupid question, but here I go anyway. Is buying a rural route for less than 5 k that has 7k in weekly sales a terrible idea? I'm not a total stranger to the IBO struggles, just ended a bimbo IBO last year. It just seems that it would be pretty difficult not to make money,even if it is only 12-15%, with purchase price being so low. Any low down on how rural routes are dealt with? It seems that it's pretty hard to find many positive remarks on here or any other site for that matter, but I know of quite a few IBO's who have made a good living and splitting and selling routes, and some don't even do the work but hire it out..

I'm just looking for something to pay the bills on, and maybe enjoy living just a little bit. Can a rural route do that, at this low price? Seems plausible
Fat balding hick moron

Woodbine, NJ

#5675 Sep 9, 2014
Southern family man wrote:
Hey guys,
This may be a stupid question, but here I go anyway. Is buying a rural route for less than 5 k that has 7k in weekly sales a terrible idea? I'm not a total stranger to the IBO struggles, just ended a bimbo IBO last year. It just seems that it would be pretty difficult not to make money,even if it is only 12-15%, with purchase price being so low. Any low down on how rural routes are dealt with? It seems that it's pretty hard to find many positive remarks on here or any other site for that matter, but I know of quite a few IBO's who have made a good living and splitting and selling routes, and some don't even do the work but hire it out..
I'm just looking for something to pay the bills on, and maybe enjoy living just a little bit. Can a rural route do that, at this low price? Seems plausible
Don't get a route in a Gettysburg, unless you want your children to be raped by Gettysburg Men.

Gettysburg: The Child Rape Capital of the United States.
Oh well

Terry, MS

#5676 Sep 9, 2014
Hey guys,
You can pay the bills but you're going to work hard to do it. Rural routes have advantages and disadvantages.
Southern family man

Yukon, OK

#5677 Sep 9, 2014
Oh well wrote:
<quoted text>
You can pay the bills but you're going to work hard to do it. Rural routes have advantages and disadvantages.
Can you explain what you mean? In other words, I guess I'm curious if there are company practices that will hinder my making a living? Is the company operated of of the usual IBO weekly settlement practice? Is there anything that I should specifically be asking the area manager when we sit down to visit about a route? As far as I can tell its a company owned route for less than $5,000. How strict are their financing criteria and payback? Manager just sent me a printout showing week 11 sales at about $4153, not including stale. Do they offer a stale buy back? My issue I had with Bimbo was that my delivery invoices were seldom correct, and when I insisted correction it seldom ever happened. Stale was seldom correctly credited, and settlement never matched what I actually ran each week. I was constantly on the phone with the corporate accountants in Canada. T-com issues were fairly routine, and took many months to correct, if ever. But the nail in the coffin, so to speak, was the constant inconsistency of deliveries. My fellow route men that I shared a depot with we're company employees of Sara Lee, another branch of Bimbo, and I was Mrs Bairds. Our trucks were to be delivered together at same time on same truck, yet I was competing with them at the same time. But my deliveries were often left off the first early morning truck and delivered many times, well after my door times. This caused constant aggregation with my customers, and all complaints fell on deaf ears, until I gave them 30 days to get another suck to buy the route. Then they swore that things would change and for two weeks I received my own truck, and it was never late. Then they finally realized that I was serious and everything went back to the old system. It was quite a shame how things were ran, but the prior owner took advantage of most of the customers to the point that with just 1 mistake, they threatened to drop me and keep me out of chain accounts. It was a total nightmare. I was making money, but only about a quarter of what they quoted, and out of that I had a new truck payment that I leased from bush trucking. It's been a year since I left the route and still to this day, my truck sits at the depot where I was told to leave it, and according to the settlement reports they still send me, they're still paying all the weekly payments as well. Kinda ludicrous. I hope that Snyder lance is not that bad.
Southern family man

Yukon, OK

#5678 Sep 9, 2014
Maybe Buying wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been looking at a few routes and see some value. For one buying direct from the company your getting the route at a much lower multiple than if you bought private. Second, a lot of the routes have been neglected and are under-performing. An experienced route-man should expect to increase sales and the value of the route.
I can see why the Lance side is unhappy as they never wanted to own their own business and are to worried about making a weekly check. I have been in a few different businesses in my life and making a weekly check is the last of my concerns.
The Snyder side is not happy because they had it a lot better off before the merger and in many cases had to give up a good route for a route that forces them to work harder for less money.
As an outsider if you choose carefully, due your homework, don't pay for partner brand sales you might just find an opportunity.
Is there anyone else on this forum who is looking at it from my perspective as an outsider? Like to hear your opinion of routes you have looked at.
Did you ever buy a route? I know this post is pretty old, but I'm hoping that you can in lighten me to you decision. I agree a lot with your prospective...

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#5679 Sep 10, 2014
southern family man... there is a reason there giving this route away. if you think bimbo was bad wait until you get a taste of S&L.
Proud Orginazation

Jersey City, NJ

#5680 Sep 10, 2014
Congratulations to Dan Morgan for his promotion to Chief Purchase Officer
Oh well

Terry, MS

#5681 Sep 10, 2014
<quoted text>
Can you explain what you mean? In other words, I guess I'm curious if there are company practices that will hinder my making a living? Is the company operated of of the usual IBO weekly settlement practice? Is there anything that I should specifically be asking the area manager when we sit down to visit about a route? As far as I can tell its a company owned route for less than $5,000. How strict are their financing criteria and payback? Manager just sent me a printout showing week 11 sales at about $4153, not including stale. Do they offer a stale buy back? My issue I had with Bimbo was that my delivery invoices were seldom correct, and when I insisted correction it seldom ever happened. Stale was seldom correctly credited, and settlement never matched what I actually ran each week. I was constantly on the phone with the corporate accountants in Canada. T-com issues were fairly routine, and took many months to correct, if ever. But the nail in the coffin, so to speak, was the constant inconsistency of deliveries. My fellow route men that I shared a depot with we're company employees of Sara Lee, another branch of Bimbo, and I was Mrs Bairds. Our trucks were to be delivered together at same time on same truck, yet I was competing with them at the same time. But my deliveries were often left off the first early morning truck and delivered many times, well after my door times. This caused constant aggregation with my customers, and all complaints fell on deaf ears, until I gave them 30 days to get another suck to buy the route. Then they swore that things would change and for two weeks I received my own truck, and it was never late. Then they finally realized that I was serious and everything went back to the old system. It was quite a shame how things were ran, but the prior owner took advantage of most of the customers to the point that with just 1 mistake, they threatened to drop me and keep me out of chain accounts. It was a total nightmare. I was making money, but only about a quarter of what they quoted, and out of that I had a new truck payment that I leased from bush trucking. It's been a year since I left the route and still to this day, my truck sits at the depot where I was told to leave it, and according to the settlement reports they still send me, they're still paying all the weekly payments as well. Kinda ludicrous. I hope that Snyder lance is not that bad.
Post an e-mail address if you want and i'm sure some will reply with thoughts. There are several things to look for before and after signing the contract. You just have to make sure you always dot the i's and cross the t's. They will give credits but you have to make sure they do. You need to spend at least an hour daily with admin tasks or else you will sink. SL as a company is more concerned with it's growth more than yours. They say they will help. My DM is awesome and our acting zone mgr is , but our previous one not so much. So you have to take care of yourself.
Wharfs for cape cod

Hanover, PA

#5682 Sep 10, 2014
Dan Morgan, Carl Lee, Marty Staunton - these are some of the players that made a fortune at the IBO's expense. I hope they sleep well at night. I've made my money at SL but to you new guys - you better buckle in because these guys are going to run us into the ground. They care nothing about the company - they care about themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hanover should trash its recycling program (Mar '08) Fri RetiredRN 16
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov '14 Just a thought 11
Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Nov '14 Batman 54
Conewago Valley superintendent plans to retire ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Petal Power 1
New Oxford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New Oxford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New Oxford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New Oxford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:02 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:02PM