Snyder's of Hanover
Wharfs for Cap Cod

Chambersburg, PA

#5138 Feb 23, 2014
I can't imagine a company caring less than Snyder's. That's to be expected because they didn't care before we were IBO's but it's the lying that bugs me. When you tell guys 20% then start at 17 then make it sound like you did us a favor by raising it to 18 (while paying 19) right down the street it fosters an atmosphere of distrust. It is a broken system administered by a broken company. Off the record all the management and employees tell you what a cluster#### corporate is. Carl Lee and that group just screwed up a good thing for short term gain. We are the joke of DSD in the market. When is the last time you gained space at a reset?? Empty promises Carl!! You, Dan Morgan, and Marty should move on and let some real snack people right this ship. Going on internet to see what bonuses the shareholders "gave" you guys. What a waste of good money.
Wharfs for Cap Cod

Chambersburg, PA

#5139 Feb 23, 2014
By the way, saw our cracked sales down 12% last quarter. Wonder who lost their job over that for changing packaging on crackers? Thanks for losing more business for us you overthinking knuckleheads!!
Obummer

Indianapolis, IN

#5141 Feb 23, 2014
Wharfs for Cap Cod wrote:
By the way, saw our cracked sales down 12% last quarter. Wonder who lost their job over that for changing packaging on crackers? Thanks for losing more business for us you overthinking knuckleheads!!
lance tried the same crap changing home packaging few years ago and it tanked .. Now they are going to make the wheat line 6 pack and try to kill them !
gasnacks

Mcdonough, GA

#5142 Feb 23, 2014
Has any one of y'all got paid for bolds cross docks for walmart I had them in there 3 weeks My dm does not have a clue
Obummer

Greenville, SC

#5143 Feb 23, 2014
gasnacks wrote:
Has any one of y'all got paid for bolds cross docks for walmart I had them in there 3 weeks My dm does not have a clue
nope .. And I saw a pallet of cape cod yesterday in there . Hell we haven't got paid for on the border pallets in Kroger it's probably been 6 weeks .
ROB IN CVILLE

Fieldale, VA

#5144 Feb 23, 2014
I got you all beat. I tore my MCL while working one of my stores. Due to the injury, my leg formed a blood clot and am now on blood thinners. I can't have surgery due to the clot and can not walk, thus can't work. I am now being TERMINATED by Snyders-Lance because I can not run my route. They expect me to hire someone to replace myself!
In addition, my DM has been running my route and having debts on my route from $500-$3000 each week since the injury!!
This system is complete crap and is not beneficial to anyone but Snyder's-Lance. Everyone here is on different terms and virtually no one gets checks except the temps running the routes.
I'm going to lose all of my equity which is about $12000 and they will resell the route and make money off of another sucker!
I have a lawyer and hope he can help. I have had one check this entire year and now nothing. I can't get another job because of my injury. I can't believe no one has gone postal yet....lol.
Good luck to you guys. Looks like the only way to win is to cut your loses and move on. Shame because it is a fun job, just not fair to the IBO's! These f*$kers are making a killing on our blood, sweat, and tears!!!
ROB IN CVILLE

Fieldale, VA

#5145 Feb 23, 2014
Michelle wrote:
My husband and I are looking into getting a route. Online its says you have to obtain insurance? What type of insurance are they referring to? Thank you
I hate to burst your bubble, Michelle, but these complaints on here are just a drop in the bucket. They aren't a few hot headed people here. As an IBO you incur all the debts and rarely get a paycheck. If you get injured on the job, as I have, yu are required to HIRE someone else or get your contract terminated and lose everything you have worked for. It's like missing one mortgage payment and the bank takes your house!! Do what you like, but I would advise you very strongly not to. Ask to see the settlement sheets from the DM. Here, only one guy out of eight gets a check each week. Everyone else owes!! Tough to pay bills when nothing is coming in!!
ROB IN CVILLE

Fieldale, VA

#5146 Feb 23, 2014
Don Juan wrote:
http://www.bakeryandsnacks.com /Manufacturers/Sweet-growth-fo r-salty-snack-maker-Snyder-s-L ance
They always tell us how bad they are doing, but last week CEO says earnings were up 22% and sales were up 9% for the company in 2013
Earnings for them, not the IBO's!!
ROB IN CVILLE

Fieldale, VA

#5147 Feb 23, 2014
nob wrote:
<quoted text>. Virginia
I am in Charlottesville, idiot and there is no restructuring! Quit lying!!
Dce

Chicago, IL

#5148 Feb 24, 2014
Somebody needs to get rob in cville a snickers
Obummer

Cowpens, SC

#5149 Feb 24, 2014
Dce wrote:
Somebody needs to get rob in cville a snickers
give him a case of corn krunchers !
Wharfs for cape cod

Chambersburg, PA

#5151 Feb 25, 2014
Rob - part of all this is not working any harder than the big boys at Snyders. Sorry about your injury. That's tough. Get healed up and apply at Frito or someplace else. There is no question this is one sided but they knew what they were doing. I can't believe their sales are up. 12% decrease in cracker sales in our region. The only thing up is partner brands. What's that tell you. We need more money - hey Carl, CAN YOU HEAR US NOW????
Duhhh

Cowpens, SC

#5152 Feb 25, 2014
Wharfs for cape cod wrote:
Rob - part of all this is not working any harder than the big boys at Snyders. Sorry about your injury. That's tough. Get healed up and apply at Frito or someplace else. There is no question this is one sided but they knew what they were doing. I can't believe their sales are up. 12% decrease in cracker sales in our region. The only thing up is partner brands. What's that tell you. We need more money - hey Carl, CAN YOU HEAR US NOW????
only way sales could be up is all the cross docks .. They are giving 6 percent on ur money away so these stores will take them . Who ever is making the decisions the last 6 months needs to be removed ! Cracker packaging , dumping all this money on these dog as Korn krunchers , making the wheat line cracker 6 pack etc etc seems like they are working against us not with us to help us grow ..
slibo

Allentown, PA

#5153 Feb 26, 2014
Michelle wrote:
My husband and I are looking into getting a route. Online its says you have to obtain insurance? What type of insurance are they referring to? Thank you
business liability and truck insurance. Ask S-L for specifics. I get a paycheck every week but you do have to budget properly for the slow weeks. Running your own business is hard. You do have to pay for everything yourself (six new tires $800) but I work $ days a week and if it snows bad I don't feel guilty about not going out.
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

#5154 Feb 26, 2014
6 new ties $800?? What are you driving, a compact? 6 new tires for my 21 ft box truck would have cost me almost double. How about $5,000 for a new tranny or motor? How about funding your retirement or getting good healthcare for you and your family? The margins you work on are a joke. Management lives like kings, you live like serfs.
Blue balls

United States

#5155 Feb 27, 2014
Fishin Buddy wrote:
6 new ties $800?? What are you driving, a compact? 6 new tires for my 21 ft box truck would have cost me almost double. How about $5,000 for a new tranny or motor? How about funding your retirement or getting good healthcare for you and your family? The margins you work on are a joke. Management lives like kings, you live like serfs.
if you are running 10 grand a week with little stale u can make a decent living with snyders of hangover but you still have to deal with stupid upper management decisions ..
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

#5157 Feb 27, 2014
Blue balls wrote:
<quoted text> if you are running 10 grand a week with little stale u can make a decent living with snyders of hangover but you still have to deal with stupid upper management decisions ..
A decent living? What's that?$10,000 is a hell of a lot of work. What % do you work on after all is said and done? 15%? So $1,500 before all expenses sounds good but it's not. If you're a single person with few bills amd you live frugally I'll say yes. But if you're a typical American raising a family with more debt than you want then it's totally inadequate. This business started out at around 22% back in the 70's. As costs have skyrocketed the heartless, greedy corporations have whittled that down to where you are now. Flowers, Bimbo have their guys working around 12-14%. S-L is slightly higher. At 22% earning $2,200 a week you can do it in todays economy.$1,500 you can't.
Blue balls

Greenville, SC

#5159 Feb 28, 2014
Fishin Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
A decent living? What's that?$10,000 is a hell of a lot of work. What % do you work on after all is said and done? 15%? So $1,500 before all expenses sounds good but it's not. If you're a single person with few bills amd you live frugally I'll say yes. But if you're a typical American raising a family with more debt than you want then it's totally inadequate. This business started out at around 22% back in the 70's. As costs have skyrocketed the heartless, greedy corporations have whittled that down to where you are now. Flowers, Bimbo have their guys working around 12-14%. S-L is slightly higher. At 22% earning $2,200 a week you can do it in todays economy.$1,500 you can't.
old geezer u still mad they didn't offer you a route ? It's 85,000 after expenses with the 18 - 21 percent mix .. The average us household makes around 50 grand a year , is it perfect no ! Should be 20 percent grocery stores and 25 percent on c stores but its not a bad living .
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

#5160 Feb 28, 2014
I'll ignore your ignorant insult. Truth is the only thing I'm pissed about is they wouldn't let me sell 7 months before the merge. I had a buyer at 20-1. They cost me a big chunk of change but my life since then has been a dream. Being able to retire early at 62 has been a Godsend. Believe me I don't miss working for them at all. What a mess with all the different products. My friends still with S-L absolutely hate dealing with it all. They can't wait to get out. One guy averaged $1,000 a week more in sales than last year and made $10,000 less. I don't know where you get the 17-21%. You must have a rural route. Down here the top is 17 and Publix PL is 14.
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

#5161 Feb 28, 2014
Blue balls wrote:
<quoted text> old geezer u still mad they didn't offer you a route ? It's 85,000 after expenses with the 18 - 21 percent mix .. The average us household makes around 50 grand a year , is it perfect no ! Should be 20 percent grocery stores and 25 percent on c stores but its not a bad living .
So do you have a good health care plan? Are you funding your retirement? Any major repairs the last year? How about your truck? Do you have a truck and car payment? Got a family? Are you able to put $ away for your kids education?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman accused of hitting man with belt at bar, ... Jan 15 Ed S 1
News Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jan 7 Tommy 32
Ummmm......yeah Jan 3 Meep 2
News Babies shaken or not? (Mar '08) Jan 3 Meep 17
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop Dec 25 Fitus T Bluster 1
Is Sam's Club Still Planned for Gateway? (Nov '13) Nov '16 Amanda 2
News York County High School adds campus in New Oxford (Jul '08) Jan '16 Steve Gratman 9

New Oxford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Oxford Mortgages