Snyder's of Hanover
The Franchise

Kershaw, SC

#2756 Nov 17, 2012
I received my final payment for the sale of my route. The process was that S/L withheld $5000 as an open account balance for 30 days and an additional 5% for 45 days in an escrow account in the event you are short. They keep 5% as a route transction that you pay to them at closing. When I left, I owed them just over $2100 because my last load was carried over to the week after I sold my route. I received the difference of the $5000 and $2100 in 30 days. That completely cleared my account of any money owed. The following week I received the additional 5%. All was done within the timeframe that was spelled out in the sale. The process, to my suprise, was actually done correctly.
KissMyRod

Cleveland, OH

#2757 Nov 17, 2012
The people that run S/L are complete idiots. Half the time we dont have the product. I was only allowed to yake 44 cases of X-mas cookies and I have 4 G.E's, last year I sold 215 cases
Top Management

Bolingbrook, IL

#2758 Nov 18, 2012
Snyders of Hanover is a great company to be an IO for. Anyone that thinks otherwise is probably a lazy liberal who wants everything in life to be easy. What lazy bums you people are!! BUMS BUMS!
Mini Me

Sun City, FL

#2759 Nov 18, 2012
AMBMAK wrote:
I'VE BEEN WITH SNYDERS IN HICKORY N.C. 4YRS NOW. I LEFT IN AUGUST 2011 FOR 7 MONTHS WHEN THEY WERE MAKING US EQUITABLE IO'S, BIG MISTAKE, THE JOB I TOOK WAS A MISERY. I PURCHASED A RTE THAT HAD 5 OR 6 STOPS THAT I SERVICED BEFORE I LEFT SO I KNEW THE PEOPLE WHICH WAS GREAT. I PURCHASED THE RTE AT A WEEKLY SALES RATE OF $8200.00, I HAVE TO SAY, I HAVE NEVER DONE $8200.00 IN FACT, I'VE NEVER DONE LESS THAN $8600.00 !!! MY WIFE WORKS WITH ME SHE DOES MOST OF THE LANCE CRACKERS, I DO THE SNYDERS WISE END OF IT AND DO ALL THE ORDERING AND INVENTORY. I AM VERY HAPPY TO SAY WE WILL PROBABLY GROSS AROUND $87,000-$90,000 THIS YEAR...THATS AFTER THE RTE PAYMENT WHICH IS VERY EXPENSIVE. I'VE BEEN IN THE SALTY SNACK BUISINESS FOR 17 YEARS AND I COULD NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE HAPPIER !!! IF YOU USE SOME COMMON SENSE AND MANAGE YOUR INVENTORY YOU CAN MAKE A VERY GOOD LIVING. WE ARE VERY LUCKY ALSO TO HAVE 3 DM'S WHO ARE THERE FOR NO OTHER REASON BUT TO HELP YOU. I LOVE THIS BUISINESS AND I LOVE MY RTE AND COULD NOT BE HAPPIER WITH SNYDERS-LANCE.
I was reading your commet to my husband and it sounds alot like us, we to have a route and we run it together and are successful at it. I saw you are in the NC area and was wondering how I could get in touch with someone up there to see if there were any routes open for sale by the company. My husbands mom has just been diagnosed with some health issues and they live Suffolk, Va. and we would like to possibly move to the area to be closer to them. Thank you for your response.
whadda joke

Scotland, PA

#2761 Nov 19, 2012
Everytime I start feeling Ok about this Snyder's will pull a fast one like sending skids off Snack Factory pretzels into my acoount while expecting me to "force" in shippers of beef jerky - that's a hot one. You can't have it both way Snyder's - we are either your partner or we are not. You are getting exactly what you are paying for - a largely unenthusiastic group of IO's who are smart enough to look out for themselves. This is EXACTLY what you are doing. When you start looking out for us we could do some great things - until then? Mediocrity as usual. I have a feeling this is going to be a real tough year! If it is I am out.
kansas_missouri IO

Olathe, KS

#2762 Nov 20, 2012
Nibbler wrote:
Rumors going around here that Krunchers are going away. Then big push on cape cod and crackers.
Yes we have all been screwed. We only get 17.5%,plus we have to pay for all tpr's which we have no choice of what is put on. In the End we are only averaging out to make 13% to 14%. All they are focused on is LANCE, and they have forgotten about SNYDER'S. How far do we have IO'S? Is there any in the East like New York? I am so frustrated with this company. No product to service accounts. We seem to all be in the same boat where we can't take care of home less our business. Go weeks on end before getting a measly pay. I remember the time when I was bring home $1500 to $2000 a week.
HomoPieces

Westbury, NY

#2763 Nov 20, 2012
kansas_missouri IO wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we have all been screwed. We only get 17.5%,plus we have to pay for all tpr's which we have no choice of what is put on. In the End we are only averaging out to make 13% to 14%. All they are focused on is LANCE, and they have forgotten about SNYDER'S. How far do we have IO'S? Is there any in the East like New York? I am so frustrated with this company. No product to service accounts. We seem to all be in the same boat where we can't take care of home less our business. Go weeks on end before getting a measly pay. I remember the time when I was bring home $1500 to $2000 a week.
IO's are all over the country.
Gotafatlanceinmy jeans

Tucker, GA

#2764 Nov 20, 2012
Snyders has made 36 million more dollars this year then same time last year on less sales ... Bend over ibo's thanks for that extra profit !
why

Virginia Beach, VA

#2765 Nov 21, 2012
and does that profit include the millions they are making off of the ibo's.? when you add the route payments and promotional cost and truck payments they must be making a ton off us
AMBMAK

Black Mountain, NC

#2766 Nov 21, 2012
Mini Me wrote:
<quoted text> I was reading your commet to my husband and it sounds alot like us, we to have a route and we run it together and are successful at it. I saw you are in the NC area and was wondering how I could get in touch with someone up there to see if there were any routes open for sale by the company. My husbands mom has just been diagnosed with some health issues and they live Suffolk, Va. and we would like to possibly move to the area to be cl
oser to them. Thank you for your response.
ROUTES DONT LAST MORE THAN A FEW DAYS B4 THIER PURCHASED. I DONT KNOW THE WAREHOUSE # ALL I HAVE ARE THE 3 DM'S AND THE WAREHOUSE MNGRS #. THE WAREHOUSE IS ACTUALLY IN CONOVER NC AND YOU CAN PROBABLY GET THE # OFF THE INTERNET. THERE ARE ALWAYS ISSUES NO MATTER WHAT COMPANY YOUR WITH AND YES THERE ARE ISSUES WITH THE WAREHOUSE SOMETIMES BUT NOT OFTEN. TAKE THE GOOD WITH THE BAD AND THE GOOD HAS CERTAINLY OUT WEIGHED THE BAD. WE ARE VERY LUCKY OUR HOME IS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR RTE, SOME OF THE IO'S TRAVEL QUITE A DISTANCE TO THIER RTES AND THE WHOUSE, WE ARE VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE THE RTE WE HAVE. OUR FIRST WALMART IS 3 MILES FROM OUR HOUSE !!! THE 2ND IS ONLY 8 MILES AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS IN BETWEEN. LIKE I SAID WE COULD NT BE HAPPIER WE'RE MAKIN A GOOD LIVING LOVE OUR RTE.....
Learn ur lesson

Chambersburg, PA

#2767 Nov 21, 2012
Funny how ppl complain about their jobs yet wanna cry the blues when a large company closes it doors. Hmmmmm havent a lessened been learned from the Twinkies Co? Act like a Company owes you everything n the next thing you know your running around boo hooing that you have no job. You dont think your bosses are not reading this? Why give extra dollars out as a bonus when they see ppl dogging them??
Gotafatlanceinmy jeans

Tucker, GA

#2768 Nov 22, 2012
Learn ur lesson wrote:
Funny how ppl complain about their jobs yet wanna cry the blues when a large company closes it doors. Hmmmmm havent a lessened been learned from the Twinkies Co? Act like a Company owes you everything n the next thing you know your running around boo hooing that you have no job. You dont think your bosses are not reading this? Why give extra dollars out as a bonus when they see ppl dogging them??
your bosses " that's what got them sued last time .....

Since: May 12

Wade, NC

#2770 Nov 23, 2012
Mini Me wrote:
<quoted text> I was reading your commet to my husband and it sounds alot like us, we to have a route and we run it together and are successful at it. I saw you are in the NC area and was wondering how I could get in touch with someone up there to see if there were any routes open for sale by the company. My husbands mom has just been diagnosed with some health issues and they live Suffolk, Va. and we would like to possibly move to the area to be closer to them. Thank you for your response.
We have a route in Jacksonville NC for sale.

Wade, NC

#2771 Nov 23, 2012
george wrote:
r u walking away or selling it??
Selling it but may just walk away cause we just cant afford to keep on like this... The route was over valued when we purchased it (not knowing) Then find out it really only does about $2000 less a week than they valued. We gave our 60day notice like required in the contract but if we are going to end up owing anyways, no need to drag it out any longer...

Location hidden

#2772 Nov 23, 2012
Learn ur lesson wrote:
You couldn't have it more wrong. Working for Wonder/Hostess back when Continental Baking owned them was a good job. You got paid a good wage, had healthcare and a pension. A good American job. Then IBC bought them, leveraged them to the max, corporate paid themselves huge salaries while trying to cut the wages and benefits of their employees. Plus they didn't invest in the company itself. Equipment got old, their brand didn't change with the times. Now they want their employees to work for Wal Mart wages. It's just another example of how the blue collar American worker is getting screwed by white collar corporate America. I'm really sick of attitudes like yours, blaming good hard working men and women instead of the selfish, greedy aholes that bought the company.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2773 Nov 23, 2012
wow !!!! congratulations !!!! 90,000 gross !!!! fantastic !!!!

you must avg over 12-14,000/wk sales to be pullin that buddy. sorry but i highly doubt it. in fact i think you cant add or flat out lying. 1700/wk after route payment LMAO !!!!!!

i dont know whats funnier in your post, 90,000 LARGE or the 3 DMs there for no other reason than to help you. funny stuff, please keep posting.
AMBMAK wrote:
I'VE BEEN WITH SNYDERS IN HICKORY N.C. 4YRS NOW. I LEFT IN AUGUST 2011 FOR 7 MONTHS WHEN THEY WERE MAKING US EQUITABLE IO'S, BIG MISTAKE, THE JOB I TOOK WAS A MISERY. I PURCHASED A RTE THAT HAD 5 OR 6 STOPS THAT I SERVICED BEFORE I LEFT SO I KNEW THE PEOPLE WHICH WAS GREAT. I PURCHASED THE RTE AT A WEEKLY SALES RATE OF $8200.00, I HAVE TO SAY, I HAVE NEVER DONE $8200.00 IN FACT, I'VE NEVER DONE LESS THAN $8600.00 !!! MY WIFE WORKS WITH ME SHE DOES MOST OF THE LANCE CRACKERS, I DO THE SNYDERS WISE END OF IT AND DO ALL THE ORDERING AND INVENTORY. I AM VERY HAPPY TO SAY WE WILL PROBABLY GROSS AROUND $87,000-$90,000 THIS YEAR...THATS AFTER THE RTE PAYMENT WHICH IS VERY EXPENSIVE. I'VE BEEN IN THE SALTY SNACK BUISINESS FOR 17 YEARS AND I COULD NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE HAPPIER !!! IF YOU USE SOME COMMON SENSE AND MANAGE YOUR INVENTORY YOU CAN MAKE A VERY GOOD LIVING. WE ARE VERY LUCKY ALSO TO HAVE 3 DM'S WHO ARE THERE FOR NO OTHER REASON BUT TO HELP YOU. I LOVE THIS BUISINESS AND I LOVE MY RTE AND COULD NOT BE HAPPIER WITH SNYDERS-LANCE.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2774 Nov 23, 2012
bosses ?

btw, a company owes employees fair wages or their employees might just shut the place down. try to collect another 200 million in bonuses interstate owners all the while cutting your employees to min wage. they better off collecting unemployment than working 50+ hrs for 4-500 bucks. piss off ! this is what SOH distributors should have done but for good reasons didnt or couldnt.

so to you mr corporate man, i hope you learn your lesson.
Learn ur lesson wrote:

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2775 Nov 23, 2012
AMBMAK
You are right. Many of the people on here use these boards to vent.
When people decide to purchase their own business, they should research it a bit and see if it is right for them, but most people just jump right in looking for a quick paycheck.
You have to look at the area you are purchasing, see if it has growth potential or not. Some areas will not grow while others will not. I am fortunate to have purchased a route in an area that I predict will grow rapidly over the next 10 years. That's why I bought the route that I did. I knew that I could increase sales 15% to 20% immediatly and that I expect my area to grow from here on population and household income.
I know several people who are not doing so well, but in almost every case ( not all cases but most ), they are not willing to put the effort in to their route to make it successful. Most of them want to work 5 hours a day for 4 to 5 days per week and spend the rest of the time fishing etc... That would be great .... the American Dream.
Is that you driving that truck and trailer to those Walmarts in Granite and Hickory? Wow....your wife....what a FOX!!!!!!!( Didn't know they had foxes in New Jersey. No wonder you are such a happy camper.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2776 Nov 24, 2012
AMBMAK
You are right. Many of the people on here use these boards to vent.
When people decide to purchase their own business, they should research it a bit and see if it is right for them, but most people just jump right in looking for a quick paycheck.
You have to look at the area you are purchasing, see if it has growth potential or not. Some areas will not grow while others will not. I am fortunate to have purchased a route in an area that I predict will grow rapidly over the next 10 years. That's why I bought the route that I did. I knew that I could increase sales 15% to 20% immediatly and that I expect my area to grow from here on population and household income.
I know several people who are not doing so well, but in almost every case ( not all cases but most ), they are not willing to put the effort in to their route to make it successful. Most of them want to work 5 hours a day for 4 to 5 days per week and spend the rest of the time fishing etc... That would be great .... the American Dream.
Northeast Snackman

Mansfield, MA

#2777 Nov 24, 2012
People who want to give this joba try to at least move up here in the northeast. At least we make 18%. And if you work out of the Rhode Island warehouse you can work under an incompetant alcoholic who still drives to the Foxboro warehouse cause he's so drunk half the time he doesn't know what warehouse he belongs in. Explanation for the shakes? "It's cold." Really, in the summer?
There are people making money in this business, but they are working more hours for less than before the merger. Ask round to see how many people sold since the merger. If this was so profitable why are people with monster routes selling?
Alot of veterans and others are trapped in this business due to their skills and the economy. Others walking in didn't know how it was so they think they're making a killing. Ask the people who tried to dodge uncle sam by cheating on their taxes. Just a matter time before the irs takes a look at his peers.
this forum has gone from expressing concerns to just back and forth bs. I feel bad for the people who didn't do their research before making the jump to purchase their routes. Until there is unity with the IBO's all you will have is this forum......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utz buys Golden Flake Jul 27 jim thompson 1
Lovely School Taxes (Jan '12) Jul 23 Jan 22
News Last chance to get free fresh produce from Agen... Jul 23 test 1
Kitchen Fitters Manchester Jul 1 ceagceog432 1
News York County High School adds campus in New Oxford (Jul '08) Jan '16 Steve Gratman 9
News Former car dealer charged with theft (Mar '09) Jan '15 Neil Hoffstot 83
News Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... (Oct '14) Nov '14 Just a thought 11

New Oxford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Oxford Mortgages