Public record for Thursday, Nov. 4

There are 5 comments on the Nov 4, 2010, Evening Sun story titled Public record for Thursday, Nov. 4. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Nichole and Adam Marsh, York, a son, Oct. 23, 2010, at York Hospital. Police Log HANOVER NOV.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

August West

United States

#1 Nov 4, 2010
"11:36 p.m. Three suspicious black males reported outside a Wetzel Drive business were gone upon police arrival."

Really? What's the point in identifying their color? It's never reported in the public record any other time. Business owner a little racist, maybe? Maybe a little paranoid? I thought we were beyond this crap? Shame on you Evening Sun for allowing it to go to print!
Adam West

Hanover, PA

#2 Nov 5, 2010
Go back to January, August. In a police matter you give as much identifying information as possible - including race - so if something has happened potential perps can be identified and charged. This is still a predominantly white area so something that doesn't fit the general demographics of the area should be reported on. In majority minority Baltimore, DC, Philadelphia, etc.,identifying a suspect as white is just as important since it is not a majority demographic of those areas. These people that were seen could have been outside the area, as well.
mike

North East, MD

#3 Nov 5, 2010
August West wrote:
"11:36 p.m. Three suspicious black males reported outside a Wetzel Drive business were gone upon police arrival."
Really? What's the point in identifying their color? It's never reported in the public record any other time. Business owner a little racist, maybe? Maybe a little paranoid? I thought we were beyond this crap? Shame on you Evening Sun for allowing it to go to print!
you must be a little dark yourself or maybe a nighttime freind of one !!!!!!!!!
August West

United States

#4 Nov 5, 2010
First off, I am actually white and European descent, and not a "nighttime freind (sic) of one." Second of all, the police blotter is merely to report police activity, not solve crimes. Otherwise, why aren't white people described in more detail, e.g., height, weight, hair color, etc.? We also have a sizable Hispanic population in Hanover, enough to devote a newspaper to; however, we never see suspicious people in front of businesses described as "brown," "Hispanic," etc. Thanks for playing though Adam and mike.
zzzzzzz

AOL

#5 Nov 5, 2010
Burp

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Sat SnackTime 5,750
Snyder lance Apr 11 light0070702 2
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Apr 2 Davenport 5
Second eagle Mar '15 Vlossak 1
Rachel Caltrider????? Mar '15 Just looking 1
Bald Eagle Live Stream, Hanover Mar '15 Birder1810 1
"Thank you for your service"? (Dec '13) Feb '15 anon 8
More from around the web

New Oxford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE