Car crashes into New Oxford house

There are 28 comments on the Evening Sun story from Mar 1, 2011, titled Car crashes into New Oxford house. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Eastern Adams Regional Police Officer Burnell Bevenour talks with homeowner Carol Metzler as she looks at the damage to her home on Sunset Avenue in New Oxford Tuesday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Oh My

Hanover, PA

#1 Mar 1, 2011
That house will never be the same.
Common sense

Gettysburg, PA

#2 Mar 2, 2011
VW Jetta=young stupid kid. Enough said.
SJR

Hanover, PA

#3 Mar 2, 2011
Common sense wrote:
VW Jetta=young stupid kid. Enough said.
Possibly, your correct, but possibly, he did have some sort of medical condition prior to crashing. Diabetes, seizures, heart are many things that can impair a drivers ability to maintain control. Of course, so is alcohol, drugs and speed as well.

I know its human nature anymore to automatically assume the worst, but, just possibly it wasnt negligence for once. I know society is so "effed" up anymore that we automatically assume.

IF he was under the influence of something, or was being negligent, I have all faith in the police to charge him with every charge possible, someone could have died in this incident. Luckily he struck telehone and cable boxes and not a gas meter.

Either way, Im sure the continued ignorance of many will apear here as the day goes on without any possible knowledge of the truth.
Winch

Gettysburg, PA

#7 Mar 2, 2011
Why is it that we read about this story but hear or read nothing about all of the vehicles that crashed through the circle in recent months? Could it be that the newspaper is being pressured to be selective about their reporting. BULLDOZE THE CIRCLE!!!!
mjh233

Warsaw, IN

#8 Mar 2, 2011
Yeah, sure, bulldoze the circle so they can go FASTER thru the middle of town and hit some pedestrians instead....
Get With The Times

Hanover, PA

#9 Mar 2, 2011
Winch wrote:
Why is it that we read about this story but hear or read nothing about all of the vehicles that crashed through the circle in recent months? Could it be that the newspaper is being pressured to be selective about their reporting. BULLDOZE THE CIRCLE!!!!
I'll be the first in line to sign the petition to SAVE THE CIRCLE. If you are too ignorant to know how to drive around the circle, keep your car in your driveway.
Bryan J Felix

Carlisle, PA

#10 Mar 2, 2011
Why would you want to bulldoze the circle? When I was on council, I suggested replacing the wooden posts with steel posts, sunk in concrete. That idea was promptly shot down, because if someone were to be injured by crashing into it (even though its their fault), then the borough would be responsible. Its crap, but its the way society cant accept responsibility for their actions. It would greatly cut down on the maintenance required after these "drivers" decide that straight is easier than a left turn.
hanGover

York, PA

#12 Mar 2, 2011
the only problem with the new oxford circle is morons that don't know how to drive on it. that circle is big enough that it operates safely. now, the abbottstown circle...that thing is horrible! if you're coming from east berlin after 4 pm, you might as well assume you'll be waiting 5 minutes to get through.
Taxi Driver

Hanover, PA

#13 Mar 2, 2011
Wait until he gets the bill for that ride to the hospital...!
hanGover

York, PA

#14 Mar 2, 2011
was he helicoptered out? that's like 8000
dick gozinya

Boiling Springs, PA

#15 Mar 2, 2011
i coulda hauled him for,, like $75 bucks??

Since: Jan 09

Hanover

#16 Mar 2, 2011
hanGover wrote:
was he helicoptered out? that's like 8000
Read the article and you would know the answer. Never mind, here is the next to last sentence: "The driver was awake when he was transported to Hanover Hospital by a SAVES ambulance."
Winch

Newville, PA

#17 Mar 2, 2011
I repeat. BULLDOZE THE CIRCLE!! Check your emails and Facebook. We're starting a campaign to get rid of that stupid thing.
SJR

Hanover, PA

#18 Mar 2, 2011
hanGover wrote:
the only problem with the new oxford circle is morons that don't know how to drive on it. that circle is big enough that it operates safely. now, the abbottstown circle...that thing is horrible! if you're coming from east berlin after 4 pm, you might as well assume you'll be waiting 5 minutes to get through.
OH NO...a whole five minutes, how horendous!
Drunken Veteran

Hanover, PA

#19 Mar 2, 2011
hanGover wrote:
But the sign says yield, not stop.
Drunken Veteran

Hanover, PA

#20 Mar 2, 2011
Winch wrote:
I repeat. BULLDOZE THE CIRCLE!! Check your emails and Facebook. We're starting a campaign to get rid of that stupid thing.
And what will replace it?
Lance Uppercut

United States

#21 Mar 3, 2011
Maybe the driver thought it was a "Drive Thru"..

Seriously though, hope all involved fully recover. That also goes for poor Ms. Metzler's home!
hanGover

York, PA

#22 Mar 3, 2011
SJR wrote:
<quoted text>
OH NO...a whole five minutes, how horendous!
you're an a**hole. have you ever had to sit for 5 minutes in traffic, it's a lot longer than you think. and yes, it's a pain in the a** when you're at the front of the line trying to get out and traffic keeps pouring out of the 30 east bound direction. it's really frustrating. and learn how to spell, jacka**
Bryan J Felix

Carlisle, PA

#23 Mar 3, 2011
Makes one comment, directed at you, and right away he is an a**hole and a jacka**. Nice.
abc

La Crosse, WI

#24 Mar 3, 2011
hanGover wrote:
<quoted text>
you're an a**hole. have you ever had to sit for 5 minutes in traffic, it's a lot longer than you think. and yes, it's a pain in the a** when you're at the front of the line trying to get out and traffic keeps pouring out of the 30 east bound direction. it's really frustrating. and learn how to spell, jacka**
If everyone would learn how to yield, flow and use their turnsignals, ther wouldn't be a problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 2 hr I b o suckered no... 5,778
Snyder lance Mon Torts 3
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) May 7 Scott123 10
News 12-time DUI repeater gets up to 7 years in prison (Sep '08) Apr 30 Trista Biddle 23
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
Second eagle Mar '15 Vlossak 1
Rachel Caltrider????? Mar '15 Just looking 1
More from around the web

New Oxford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]