Mother, daughter charged in Medicaid ...

Mother, daughter charged in Medicaid fraud

There are 24 comments on the Evening Sun story from Feb 13, 2011, titled Mother, daughter charged in Medicaid fraud. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

A mother and daughter face charges of Medicaid fraud after they allegedly received more than $2,000 worth of funds for caretaking services the daughter never performed, according to the Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
EKP

United States

#21 May 18, 2011
wow wrote:
Why should anyone get paid for taking care of their loved ones..that is just sick. If it is your spouse you married them for sickness or in health and if it is your parent--they raised you and supported you for all those years..isn't taking care of them the least you can do??
TIMES ARE HARD AND YOU DO WHAT YOU MUST IF YOU HAVE TO GIVE UP YOUR JOB TO TAKE CARE OF A LOVED ONE AND YOU NEED TO GET PAID WHY SHOULDN'T YOU, WE ALL PAID INTO A SYSTEM THAT PAYS EVERYONE ELSE WHY SHOULDN'T IT BE THERE WHEN WE NEED HELP.IF YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HOW YOUR GOING TO MAKE ENDS MEET THEN THAT'S MORE STRESS ON YOU AND I'M A HONEST PERSON AND I CAME HOME TO TAKE CARE OF MY EX-HUSBAND WHO IS DYING OF CANCER I'M GOING THROUGH MY SAVINGS I'M NOT WORKING AND I ONLY HAVE ASKED FOR HELP WHEN I NEEDED IT I DON'T ABUSE THE SYSTEM LIKE SOME PEOPLE. SO DON'T JUDGE BECAUSE ONE DAY YOU TOO WILL HOPE THERE IS A PROGRAM LIKE THIS TO HELP YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
What you need

Hanover, PA

#22 May 19, 2011
EKP wrote:
<quoted text>
TIMES ARE HARD AND YOU DO WHAT YOU MUST IF YOU HAVE TO GIVE UP YOUR JOB TO TAKE CARE OF A LOVED ONE AND YOU NEED TO GET PAID WHY SHOULDN'T YOU, WE ALL PAID INTO A SYSTEM THAT PAYS EVERYONE ELSE WHY SHOULDN'T IT BE THERE WHEN WE NEED HELP.IF YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HOW YOUR GOING TO MAKE ENDS MEET THEN THAT'S MORE STRESS ON YOU AND I'M A HONEST PERSON AND I CAME HOME TO TAKE CARE OF MY EX-HUSBAND WHO IS DYING OF CANCER I'M GOING THROUGH MY SAVINGS I'M NOT WORKING AND I ONLY HAVE ASKED FOR HELP WHEN I NEEDED IT I DON'T ABUSE THE SYSTEM LIKE SOME PEOPLE. SO DON'T JUDGE BECAUSE ONE DAY YOU TOO WILL HOPE THERE IS A PROGRAM LIKE THIS TO HELP YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
Yelling makes no one sympathetic to your plight.
Jennifer from the Block

Saint Thomas, PA

#23 May 19, 2011
Good , now crack down on the other thousands of theives of services.
EKP

United States

#24 May 19, 2011
What you need wrote:
<quoted text>
Yelling makes no one sympathetic to your plight.

Sorry didn't mean anything just that people sometimes need a little help and didn't know in caps was yelling and I don't won't anyone's sympathy just saying sometimes people need help and not everyone abuses the system and the ones that do make it hard on the honest ones that really need help sorry again :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 18 hr just a thought 5,802
Snyder lance May 25 Torts 3
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) May 7 Scott123 10
News 12-time DUI repeater gets up to 7 years in prison (Sep '08) Apr '15 Trista Biddle 23
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
Second eagle Mar '15 Vlossak 1
Rachel Caltrider????? Mar '15 Just looking 1
More from around the web

New Oxford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]