New Oxford High plans firefighting course

Full story: Evening Sun 16
While area students celebrate the end of this school year, the Conewago Valley School District already is deep into plans for a much anticipated firefighting course officials hope to launch in January. Full Story
DDP

York, PA

#1 Jun 7, 2011
Fantastic...Very well thought out plan for the New Oxford High School. I hope you have great success with this program.
Past Chief

Gettysburg, PA

#2 Jun 7, 2011
Good job United and Chief Rabine.
geee whizzz

Lancaster, PA

#3 Jun 7, 2011
Better teach them to read and write first NOHS.
Really

Fort Washington, MD

#4 Jun 7, 2011
"Better teach them to read and write first NOHS."
As a parent and texpayer, I can honestly say that NOHS in particular and CVSD as a whole provide our children with an exceptional education. One would hope that an individual who would through stones at a local high school regarding reading and writing abilities could at least write proper grammar themselves.
The last time I checked, "Better teach them to read and write first NOHS" was not a complete sentence. Perhaps, gee whizz may be in need of some quality public education itself.
Thank you Dr. O'brien, Dr. Trimmer and the administration of CVSD for continuing to provide our children with a quality education.
my thoughts

Shippensburg, PA

#5 Jun 7, 2011
At least we will have educated hose heads.
SJR

Hanover, PA

#6 Jun 7, 2011
Really wrote:
One would hope that an individual who would through stones at a local high school regarding reading and writing abilities could at least write proper grammar themselves.
Pot calling kettle black.

Wouldn't it be shouldn't "Throw" not through and go through something.
wondering

Aspers, PA

#7 Jun 7, 2011
Hey Really what is a texpayer?????????? Better add spellling to the list.
OY OY OY

Carlisle, PA

#8 Jun 7, 2011
I think Camp CARES is a much better experience for all students!
Jack Noff

New York, NY

#9 Jun 8, 2011
Really wrote:
As a parent and texpayer, I can honestly say that NOHS in particular and CVSD as a whole provide our children with an exceptional education. One would hope that an individual who would through stones at a local high school regarding reading and writing abilities could at least write proper grammar themselves.
The last time I checked, "Better teach them to read and write first NOHS" was not a complete sentence. Perhaps, gee whizz may be in need of some quality public education itself.
Thank you Dr. O'brien, Dr. Trimmer and the administration of CVSD for continuing to provide our children with a quality education.
Enough said. Please teach them to read and write first. This student "Really" is a prime reason why you should. LMAO
Jack Noff

New York, NY

#10 Jun 8, 2011
Next year they will be adding Burger King wrist strength training to the curriculum.
opinionated

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Jun 8, 2011
I am very pleased that the school and my local fire department has teamed up to do this program. These young people need something to keep them involved in their community and out of trouble. By extending this to our teens they may be able to increase the recruitment numbers and someday one of these fine teens may save our lives or our property. Also, way to go to the companies offering to help defray the cost of the class for those who volunteer. It helps the parents, the school, the fire department, and the community!
Sipe for President

Mount Aetna, PA

#12 Jun 8, 2011
His fingerprints are all over this. Nice job Steve.
no tax money

Orrstown, PA

#13 Jun 9, 2011
OY OY OY wrote:
I think Camp CARES is a much better experience for all students!
You are wrong. Camp Cares was completely funded by the school at a cost of nearly $20,000 (for 3 days and no actual education).

The only thing the school is supplying here is the classroom space and the educational outcome will be a huge benefit to the entire community.

The curriculum, teachers, and all necessary equipment is being supplied by HACC and United, with a cost of $350 to be paid by the student (or the fire company if they are a member.) No tax dollars.
what

West Chester, PA

#14 Jun 10, 2011
You can not say for sure that no TAX dollars are being used. The fire company recieves money from boro's and townships every year. Where does the boro's and townships get thier money from....TAXES.
Fact

York, PA

#15 Jun 13, 2011
If they don't recruit more volunteers and educated the public, your TAXES will go up with a career dept.
what

Gettysburg, PA

#16 Jun 13, 2011
thne atleast you know you will have equiment get out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Sat Oh well 5,575
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov '14 Just a thought 11
Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Nov '14 Batman 54
snyders/lance independent business owners news Oct '14 Krave MaMeat 1
New Oxford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web