Pepper-sprayed fan found not guilty

Full story: Evening Sun 18
The Spring Grove man pepper-sprayed by police after police said he was disruptive and refused to leave a wrestling match at New Oxford High School was found not guilty of the charges against him this week. Full Story
Blue

Hanover, PA

#2 Jul 24, 2010
Sure can throw rocks when they aren't around. you need some intervention from a few friends to listen. I can give you some counseling free of charge since you can not understand respect for others.
anonymous

Hanover, PA

#4 Jul 24, 2010
no doubt had phillips been there the court's decision would have been much different. phillips is a good man and a good cop.
harry

Hanover, PA

#5 Jul 24, 2010
sounds to me like the man was found not guilty.
hey now

Shippensburg, PA

#6 Jul 24, 2010
I guess they will try to hang the poor innocent truck driver ,,out working for a living & paying taxes Next!!
jlg

Newburg, PA

#7 Jul 24, 2010
a second amendment solution could have been applied instead of a insect application
Hey AAA

Hanover, PA

#8 Jul 24, 2010
It is weak asses like you that have no backbone to say things like that to someone's face. I would love to meet you anywhere anytime to discuss why you will never amount to much more than a loud mouth on a comments page. Grow a set.
Douglas Brecht

York, PA

#9 Jul 24, 2010
I am sure Rick would ignore all the idiotic letters on here he is a good person and police officer so he is also trained to ignore trashy comments about him and still you refuse to put your name up that is spineless in my eyes.....lol
good or not

Lebanon, PA

#10 Jul 24, 2010
It really does not matter whether Phillips is a good man or not. Does he have a problem with an attitude going with the uniform, is the question? And is he too quick to action without using commonsense? Thank goodness it was not a stun gun, as we are hearing of more and more non necessary actions of this type with many deaths attributed to this unnecessary action ( i.e. girl losing her eye, stun gunning little old ladies, numerous deaths, etc etc). But pepper spray in a public area with innocent people around? Was that necessary?? But at least it was better than a stun gun from our trigger happy police!

And the man was clearing showing, by what I read, that he was agitated because of all this nonsense going down at a sporting event due to "trying to bring forth some spirit of competition."

Too many cops are little guys who use their so called authority to intimidate and harass the public. Having a good attitude and not throwing your weight around gives much better results, especially when throwing your weight around is not needed.

In this case, I would love to know why someone trying to get SPIRIT or INTEREST in a wrestling match was considered to be causing a problem. I would also like to know why the students were told to sit down for their actions. Is it against school policy to stand in the stands; or to try to get a crowd to take part and interest in an event?? Why were the police called is another good question. It appears Spring Grove needs to reevaluate their actions of that night.

BUT I guess this is neither here nor now, as the guy was found innocent of wrong doing.

And I think a lot of "witnesses" to the OTHER EVENT said there were no sirens! Plus - policemen need to make sure they are not putting others in danger - or themselves!

I do not think anyone is HAPPY Phillips got hurt, but this is a whole 'nother event and it appears he was too quick to action once again!
Amanda

Dover, PA

#11 Jul 24, 2010
I could see myself thinking "Sit Down and Shut Up!" if people were jumping up from their seats and screaming in enclosed arena. Most gyms magnify noise. "No standing in the bleachers" is a common sense rule. Most adults are there to see their own children not the backs of whoever sat in front of them.
Cheering is one thing, creating a public nuisance is another.
Hey Doug

Hanover, PA

#12 Jul 24, 2010
Nice facebook page. Truly shows you may move from Baltimore but your still a Baltimoron. I would tell you to grow a set too but you might want to focus on your hair. LOL
geeze

Hanover, PA

#13 Jul 24, 2010
anonymous wrote:
no doubt had phillips been there the court's decision would have been much different. phillips is a good man and a good cop.
This statement is a joke. Heck...he crashed new police car trying to run a red light. No proof whatsoever he was even chasing anyone.

Good cover up though....
Quick Draw

Hanover, PA

#14 Jul 24, 2010
How do you pepper spray someone for one half a second? Impossible!!!!!!!!!! Wow...don't be gritten on me or I'll pepper spray you!!!!!!!! This is one person that should not have a badge.
gasstationpizza

Alexandria, VA

#15 Jul 24, 2010
Oh please all you cop haters, get real. The quiff should have stopped acting like he was at some WWE event he should have complied with the cops orders.
Tyrone

Hanover, PA

#16 Jul 25, 2010
gasstationpizza wrote:
Oh please all you cop haters, get real. The quiff should have stopped acting like he was at some WWE event he should have complied with the cops orders.
LOL! That's what you do...a cop orders pizza and you jump. LOL!
hey

Gettysburg, PA

#17 Jul 25, 2010
that guy did nothing wrong the coach kept telling the kids to do that.He knew it was bothering that guy because he asked that they sit down which is what you need to be doing while watching an event. I was at that game and the officer should have not pepper spray him all that guy wanted to do was finish watching the match.
AAA

Pottsville, PA

#19 Jul 25, 2010
Sound like the coach for New Oxford is to blame for all this. I hope it was his son Jordan wrestling that he had to go out of his way to upset the Spring Grove fans. Oh and Mr Conaway if you are going to have your little dog walking around on your pool ledge you really should teach him how to swim would not want to see in the evening sun "dog drowns in pool". ;)
AAA

Rockville, MD

#20 Jul 26, 2010
So they want to delete my post then I will say it again. They trained him how to pepper spray someone but did not train him how to drive!
Ross

Hanover, PA

#21 Jul 26, 2010
AAA wrote:
So they want to delete my post then I will say it again. They trained him how to pepper spray someone but did not train him how to drive!
I don't think he was trained to pepper spray someone either. And there was no other car. Just a cover up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 5 hr SnackTime 5,622
Hanover man not guilty of assault (Jul '08) Jan 24 Greenmachine24 26
Church to collect for McSherrystown fire victims (Apr '13) Jan 22 bob 2
Former car dealer charged with theft (Mar '09) Jan 14 Neil Hoffstot 83
Hanover should trash its recycling program (Mar '08) Dec '14 RetiredRN 16
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec '14 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec '14 lady 1
New Oxford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web