New student-built house gets approval

New student-built house gets approval

There are 1 comment on the Evening Sun story from Dec 26, 2010, titled New student-built house gets approval. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Adams County Tech Prep students were given the OK to build another house like the one Jose Mendez, 18, of Gettysburg, left, and Andrew Brehm, 17, of New Oxford, worked on last month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Twp Resident

Gettysburg, PA

#1 Dec 26, 2010
Technically, Dr Hall has not paid in full for the last house that was built. According to minutes on the school district's website, Dr Hall and the School Board agreed to a contract where Dr Hall would pay $60,000 per year for 5 years to purchase the house. According to my calculations, since this transaction took place in 2009 and this is the end of 2010, one might assume that only $120,000 has been paid for the last house to date. I wonder if this arrangement was ever offered to any other potential buyer of a student built home? Not to mention the fact that Dr Hall is currently on paid adminstrative leave for reasons unknown to anyone but the school board.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 6 hr Bear 7,378
News Hanover-area man charged in child sex sting (Aug '12) Sun Gettysburg shucks... 7
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 7 Archie 15
Pa. Game commisssion sucks (Nov '11) Aug 5 badcomm 31
News Police log: Subject defecated on a porch Jun '17 Steve Gratman 5
Review: Hanover School Of Ballet (Aug '11) Jun '17 olddancemom 4
News 13 nabbed in prostitution bust (Mar '08) Jun '17 Anonymous 46

New Oxford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Oxford Mortgages