to many mexicans in new orleans

Posted in the New Orleans Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
JESSIE OWENS

Nashville, TN

#1 Jun 19, 2006
FOLKS THOUGHT BY FLOODING THE CITY BLACKS WOULD JUST LEAVE AND FIND LIVES ELSEWHERE.WELL ANOTHER PROBLEM HAS BEEN CREATED MEXICANS.MANY BELIEVE THAT ALL MEXICANS ARE JUST SO HARD WORKING. I FOUND THAT LIVING IN HOUSTON FOR ALMOST A YEAR THAT
ALL THAT SH-T IS A BUNCH OF CRAP AND USELESS GARBAGE. MEXICANS ARE JUST AS LAZY AS SOME CLAIM BLACKS TO BE ALL THAT HAS REALLY CHANGED IN NEWORLEANS BESIDES HALF THE BLACK POPULATION RETURNING IS MORE DRUNKS HANGING ON BURBON STREET THAT SPEAK NOT A LICK OF ENGLISH AND SMELL LIKE A DAM SEWER. NOT TO MENTION MORE MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS. SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST SO DAM SMART UNTIL THEY ARE STUPED THANS ALOT.
JESSIE OWENS

Nashville, TN

#2 Jun 19, 2006
HOW IS IT THAT A MEXICAN CAN GO AND MAKE DWELLINGS IN ANOTHER PERSONS HOME AND NOT BE EXPECTED TO BE KICKED THE HELL OUT .WELL FOR SOME IN NEW ORLEANS THAT IS JUST WHAT THE ISSUE AT HABD IS PEOPLE WONDER WHY DONT BLACKS DONT HELP IN THE GUTTING AND CLEAN UP EFFORTS IN NEW ORLEANS WELL THE SAME REASON MANY WHITES ARE NOT DOING THIS. I AM NOT GOING TO RISK MY LUNGS AND LIFE TO CLEAN OUT SOME DAM SHITTY ASS HOUSE THAT HAD NO BUSSINESS BEING FLOODED OUT IN THE FIRST PLACE. IF I CAN PAY A
MEXICAN 5.15 AN HOUR TO DO THIS WORK WELL HELL THATS WHAT I AM GOING TO DO. I AM NO DUMB ASS
Sensitive Guy

United States

#3 Jun 20, 2006
Who the hell let these scumbag lubricanos into New Orleans.Lets throw the illegals out.
Sensitive Guy

United States

#4 Jun 20, 2006
I'm sick and tired of racists calling me a lazy n igga.Look at these drunken lubricanos hanging around trying to rape our daughters.Total Bs.
Marie Lewis

Carrollton, TX

#5 Jun 30, 2006
THANK YOUR LEADERS ..THEY ARE PUTTING YOU BACK IN THE BACK OF THE BUS AND PEDRO IN THE DRIVERS SEAT

So Jesse’s recent bus round-up of far-flung Katrina-displaced blacks to New Orleans for the purpose of claiming reconstruction jobs required extra finesse not to upset his Mexican associates.(Up to 80,000 New Orleaneans are living in shelters around the country, many of whom are destitute and need jobs.) He had to appear concerned with the well-being of black Americans without speaking ill of Mexican illegals who are swarming over the employment free-for-all like ants at a picnic:
Lured by jobs paying $15 to $17 an hour, the Spanish-speaking day laborers have flooded into New Orleans to haul out debris, clear downed trees, put in drywall and perform other tasks as rebuilding takes hold in the city. Specialized roofers can make $300 a day.[“Immigrants Rush to New Orleans as Contractors Fight for Workers” LA Times, 10/10/05]
Jesse was not at his smoothest when quizzed on Lou Dobbs Tonight (10/11) after the bus caravan’s arrival in New Orleans:
And so when Mr. Bush put forth a federal bailout on the state’s terms and gave no bid contracts and suspended the building wages, they began to recruit workers from Central America. They didn’t just like invade us, workers from Honduras, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Maquiladora. Those workers were recruited because they could make them — let them work on the prevailing wages without health insurance.
See? According to Jesse, job-thieving illegal aliens are innocent victims, and there’s no invasion stealing us blind and destroying everything we value.
And cartographers haven’t located the country of Maquiladora just yet…
VDARE.com : Blog Articles — proudly powered by WordPress
The articles on VDARE.com are brought to you by The Center for American Unity.
We are supported by generous donations from our readers. Contributions are tax deductible and appreciated. Contribute
Copyright © 1999-200Archives:
June 2006
Ana

Ormond Beach, FL

#6 Jun 30, 2006
Marie Lewis wrote:
THANK YOUR LEADERS ..THEY ARE PUTTING YOU BACK IN THE BACK OF THE BUS AND PEDRO IN THE DRIVERS SEAT
So Jesse�s recent bus round-up of far-flung Katrina-displaced blacks to New Orleans for the purpose of claiming reconstruction jobs required extra finesse not to upset his Mexican associates.(Up to 80,000 New Orleaneans are living in shelters around the country, many of whom are destitute and need jobs.) He had to appear concerned with the well-being of black Americans without speaking ill of Mexican illegals who are swarming over the employment free-for-all like ants at a picnic:
Lured by jobs paying $15 to $17 an hour, the Spanish-speaking day laborers have flooded into New Orleans to haul out debris, clear downed trees, put in drywall and perform other tasks as rebuilding takes hold in the city. Specialized roofers can make $300 a day.[�Immigrants Rush to New Orleans as Contractors Fight for Workers� LA Times, 10/10/05]
Jesse was not at his smoothest when quizzed on Lou Dobbs Tonight (10/11) after the bus caravan�s arrival in New Orleans:
And so when Mr. Bush put forth a federal bailout on the state�s terms and gave no bid contracts and suspended the building wages, they began to recruit workers from Central America. They didn�t just like invade us, workers from Honduras, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Maquiladora. Those workers were recruited because they could make them � let them work on the prevailing wages without health insurance.
See? According to Jesse, job-thieving illegal aliens are innocent victims, and there�s no invasion stealing us blind and destroying everything we value.
And cartographers haven�t located the country of Maquiladora just yet�
VDARE.com : Blog Articles � proudly powered by WordPress
The articles on VDARE.com are brought to you by The Center for American Unity.
We are supported by generous donations from our readers. Contributions are tax deductible and appreciated. Contribute
Copyright � 1999-200Archives:
June 2006
True but when Katrina first happen, many welcome them with open arms because they could fix their homes plus safe money also. The down part to that was some people got rip off,burglarize and they were gone. There were locals who were pass on (denied) the job, because the ilegals could do it cheeper, and boy some where bad jobs done around.
My question is what is the solution here?
RTC

United States

#7 Jul 1, 2006
I'm not knocking current cnoditions. Just saying that living in New Orleans for my whole life nobody there ever never wanted to work. before or after Katrina. Mexicans came in, did a job, fast too! We would never had have our mid-city basement gutted and back so fast if we relied on typical local labor!! We turned the house around sold it and moved. Kids are in school We both have jobs and now own a nice house on an acre.
marie Lewis

Carrollton, TX

#8 Jul 29, 2006
Wow Isn't this just like Bush..Now he can bring in his Million Illegals and give them Amnesty..I warned you he was up to no good.No sense in working in New Orleans everyone was on welfare

NEW ORLEANS - Amid a desperate shortage of labor to rebuild the Gulf Coast following hurricanes Katrina and Rita, a business group launched an effort Friday to recruit and train up to 20,000 new construction workers for the region.

The Business Roundtable, a Washington-based association of 160 chief executives of major companies, said it plans to recruit 2,500 workers through the end of 2006, 15,000 in 2007 and 2008, followed by another 2,500 in 2009.

The region already faced a shortage of construction and maintenance workers before the storms. Now, various studies have put the post-storm shortage at up to 150,000 workers.
Cossack

Atlanta, GA

#9 Aug 12, 2006
Working as an unlicensed contractor is a Felony in Florida. The authorities can and have confiscated unlicensed contractors vehicles, tools and locked them up!

However, it appears the authorities have turned their back on the law in Louisiana which is similiar to Florida.

DixieDarlin

Dillon, SC

#10 Aug 12, 2006
Why is there no Fema Work Programs?

Some of the jobs being done by Immigrants (whither legal or illegal),could be done by unlicensed people.

If there are 80,000 displaced Katrina victims living in Fema trailers, living off welfare as you say. Then why does the government have to pay for any clean up of New Orleans? Are all these 80,000 people disabled? Instead of living off the system free, why aren't these 80,000 people back in new Orleans working to put the city back together, working for what they are receiving from Fema?

In order for a person to be able to receive welfare from Fema...If they are healthy & able, they should have to work in some type of work program, putting in so many hours of Community service to help clean up New Orleans... A program like this would save the government millions if not billions....

If any of the recent far-flung Katrina blacks that Jesse rounded up are receiving Fema or Welfare …they should have already been down there working for what they are already receiving…AND… No, I’m not being Racist….It goes for White people or any other nationality as well…who are in this same situation ….

It has been over a year now…It is time for ALL Americans to step up to the plate….and start taken care of their own. Then we would not have to rely on the Immigrants to do it for us…
Ana

Ormond Beach, FL

#12 Aug 13, 2006
Angry Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dixie you are so right. The folks that where displaced are doing nothing to help theirselves or to get their city back in order.
Yes the illegals are working at the jobs that the people that live there should be doing. Folks like Jesse will hire them to do the work for them thinking that when the work is done they will leave the city, good luck with that. They are like an infestion of fleas, and need to be delt with as such.
True just wait a while and you will see all the ones that favor the cheap work will be complaining about how bad things will turn. The cheap becomes expensive sometimes.
Cossack

Atlanta, GA

#13 Aug 14, 2006
Angry Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Folks like Jesse will hire them to do the work for them thinking that when the work is done they will leave the city, good luck with that. They are like an infestion of fleas, and need to be delt with as such.
There is enough work in New Orleans for YEARS. The Mexicans/Guatamalians will stay just as they have in Florida. Eventually they will buy up a bunch of beat up homes in the 9th Ward and form a community.

Personally, I prefer the Mexicans and Guatamalians over the Blacks. They are hard working and are respectfull.
Cossack

Atlanta, GA

#14 Aug 14, 2006
Angry Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the illegals are working at the jobs that the people that live there should be doing.
I've spoken with people here in Florida who refuse to go to New Orleans to work construction. They complain that it's very common for the homeowner to not pay them after the work has been done. Apparently, there is no recourse for payment by an unlicensed contractor.
maequez

Portland, OR

#15 Aug 14, 2006
JESSE- I FOUND YOUR NUMEROUS MIS-SPELLINGS AND GRAMMATICAL ERRORS QUITE AMUSING. YOU'RE PRETTY ARTICULATE THERE BUDDY! NEW ORLEANS CEERTAINLY COULD USE SOME MORE EDJA-MACATED WHITE-TRASH SUCH AS YOURSELF. TRY NIGHT-SCHOOL. UMMMM- DISHWASHING 101 SOUNDS GOOD FOR STARTERS. GET A LIFE, SCUM-BAG!
TexasTumbleweed

Austin, TX

#17 Aug 14, 2006
maequez wrote:
JESSE- I FOUND YOUR NUMEROUS MIS-SPELLINGS AND GRAMMATICAL ERRORS QUITE AMUSING. YOU'RE PRETTY ARTICULATE THERE BUDDY! NEW ORLEANS CEERTAINLY COULD USE SOME MORE EDJA-MACATED WHITE-TRASH SUCH AS YOURSELF. TRY NIGHT-SCHOOL. UMMMM- DISHWASHING 101 SOUNDS GOOD FOR STARTERS. GET A LIFE, SCUM-BAG!
Too bad all you can focus on is the spelling and not the message. You live in OR so what the hell do YOU know about what is TRULY going on in our southern states? Understand and contribute to the topic before you come out here and tell someone they didn't spell something correctly.
TexasTumbleweed

Austin, TX

#18 Aug 14, 2006
BTW, they are correct about having too many illegals in NO. I can state for a fact that NO turned away several (actually many) LEGAL contractors and opted to hire illegals. Cheaper pay and what does that do? Leaves the LEGAL tax payers out of work.
DixieDarlin

United States

#19 Aug 14, 2006
Why do people always have to make every issue up for discussion into racial War?
The Topic at hand is: MEXICANS IN NEW ORLEANS...
My earlier comment was in to reference …. Why should there be so many Mexicans there, doing the job when we already have so many receiving funds from Fema (both white as well as black) that are not doing anything to contribute to the clean up of New Orleans…The government has to double dip to get the work done…It seems to me that a work programs through Fema, Stating... You don’t put in your time... Than you don’t receive a check, Might get a few of the so called,” Lazy bums”, off their butts and start earning what they are receiving… The way the economy is right. It is hard for some of this folks to find jobs. At least if they were working for what they were already getting they could justify receiving their funds…It’s been over a year now, its time for them to start helping themselves. but if the government doesn’t step up and put a dead line on receiving funds then some (not all) we’ll continue to look for a hand out…It’s like putting candy in front or a small child. If it’s available they well take it….And my statement is in no way directed towards blacks or whites…it is directed to All Katrina victims that are still receiving FEMA.....
TexasTumbleweed

Austin, TX

#20 Aug 14, 2006
DixieDarlin wrote:
Why do people always have to make every issue up for discussion into racial War?
The Topic at hand is: MEXICANS IN NEW ORLEANS...
My earlier comment was in to reference …. Why should there be so many Mexicans there, doing the job when we already have so many receiving funds from Fema (both white as well as black) that are not doing anything to contribute to the clean up of New Orleans…The government has to double dip to get the work done…It seems to me that a work programs through Fema, Stating... You don’t put in your time... Than you don’t receive a check, Might get a few of the so called,” Lazy bums”, off their butts and start earning what they are receiving… The way the economy is right. It is hard for some of this folks to find jobs. At least if they were working for what they were already getting they could justify receiving their funds…It’s been over a year now, its time for them to start helping themselves. but if the government doesn’t step up and put a dead line on receiving funds then some (not all) we’ll continue to look for a hand out…It’s like putting candy in front or a small child. If it’s available they well take it….And my statement is in no way directed towards blacks or whites…it is directed to All Katrina victims that are still receiving FEMA.....
Unfortunately, with the census of that area being predominatly black prior to the flood, and the only people being given work (now) is hispanic (illegals) it does tend to bring out the racial breakdown of what is going on. I completely agree that these handouts need to stop. The even MORE unfortunate aspect of all this is the evacuees that have been transported to other surrounding (and even further locations) have been treated too well for too long. Those that once sucked off the hind tit of NO are now sucking off the hind tit of other states, states that can barely afford to keep their own...why? you guessed it...there are too damn many illegals coming over here signing up for and getting lone star cards, WIC benefits, section 8 housing, utilizing hospitals and NOT paying the bill, which increases our insurance premiums...(those of us who pay taxes) then as one mentioned you have the illegals over here driving vehicles with NO ONLY NO drivers license but no insurance as well...when they get into a wreck, they flee the scene and the innocent insured person ends up eating the bullet on that. There are MANY crimes that are committed by these illegals and rather than stay and face charges, run back home to Mexico until they think the heat is off the come right back again.
Cossack

Atlanta, GA

#21 Aug 14, 2006
TexasTumbleweed wrote:
BTW, they are correct about having too many illegals in NO. I can state for a fact that NO turned away several (actually many) LEGAL contractors and opted to hire illegals. Cheaper pay and what does that do? Leaves the LEGAL tax payers out of work.
Some cities in Florida and PA are actually enacting legislation to curb illegal immigration. Measures being taken include fining landlords and employers who knowingly hire those with illegal immigration status.

Government should get involved at the Fedearal and State levels and put people to work who are unemployed but willing to be trained as Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters or other much needed trades. They have programs like this in NY and Florida.

As someone once said....."Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day....teach him to fish and he can feed himself for life."
DixieDarlin

United States

#22 Aug 14, 2006
TexasTumbleweed wrote:
Who are you referring to when you say N O turned legal contractors away?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Orleans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 min Mexico 21,181
What Were They Doing For Seven Years? Wed mlybanon 1
2nd visit new jacker at 6285 starbucks on maple Sep 17 thomas 1
in 5 minutes when i arrived this morning , a ne... Sep 16 cia 79 jami rose ... 4
FRENCH QUARTER 917; how we doing? *owowowo, :P* Sep 14 real thomas duh s... 1
no hot topix woman discuss? without a good woma... Sep 13 cia jami rose 141... 1
Jesus Miracle Power? Lol Sep 13 Ricky Bobby 1

New Orleans Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Orleans Mortgages