Jehovah's Witnesses will hold convention in June in New Orleans

May 29, 2014 Full story: The Times-Picayune 19

Jehovah's Witnesses will hold its annual convention June 13-15 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

Full Story
Supremeliberal

Lufkin, TX

#1 May 30, 2014
What if a hurricane come during this period ,quiet fitting this where Saints football play,
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#2 May 31, 2014
This regional Convention is only one of the global Regional conventions held around the world this Summer.

Being in attendance will bring a very special blessing from Jehovah God, see what it feels like to be among the only people who God wants to represent Him today, true Christian witnesses. 8 million baptized faithful true Christian witnesses worldwide and millions who are Bible studies.

Separate yourself from this unrighteousness world, this world is going to experience a terrible, catastrophic end very soon. The current disasters and distresses are only the tip of the iceberg, repent and be among the survivors of the end of this unrighteousness world.

Matthew 24: 4-24.
Cloud 9

Summersville, WV

#3 Jun 1, 2014
True Christian witness wrote:
This regional Convention is only one of the global Regional conventions held around the world this Summer.
Being in attendance will bring a very special blessing from Jehovah God, see what it feels like to be among the only people who God wants to represent Him today, true Christian witnesses. 8 million baptized faithful true Christian witnesses worldwide and millions who are Bible studies.
Separate yourself from this unrighteousness world, this world is going to experience a terrible, catastrophic end very soon. The current disasters and distresses are only the tip of the iceberg, repent and be among the survivors of the end of this unrighteousness world.
Matthew 24: 4-24.
You should see what it feels like to live a life with your own relationship with God and not a bunch of "do it my way or you will burn in hell" freaks like you. Your scare tactics are so foolish and childish it is rediculous. Why don't you jump in the lake of fire with all the other cult leaders and followers?
JACE

Bethesda, MD

#4 Jun 2, 2014
If you are a nonjw please note below we have a jw who has volunteered to share how jw really feel about those who are no Christians

note how his comment is right in harmony with the Official teachings of jw

The wt Editorial staff is very clear. If you are unwilling to become part of the JW denomination God is going to have to Kill you.
Many persons often see the smiling clean cut jw at their door on Sat morning, but here on these forum we get jw to volunteer to share just how they really feel about nonjw

Join our Denomination or Die at the hands of God. While that sounds like a late theater B movie it is not.

This is how your coworker jw feels about everyone in the company

this is how jw kids are trained to view all their classmates. This how jw view all their neighbors and those within their perspective community

This provides insight as to why jw NEVER PARTICIPATE in any community activities along side their neighbors

the poster states:

"Being in attendance will bring a very special blessing from Jehovah God, see what it feels like to be among the only people who God wants to represent Him today, true Christian witnesses"

yes the jw explains above they get a warm fuzzy feeling know that only they will live and the rest us will have to die

note just how the wt even give the statistical Death Rate:
We did a Thread exposing how many folks the jw teach will HAVE TO DIE for NOT ACCEPTING WHAT THEIR PAMPHLETS SAYS

"On SATANS side will be 99.9 percent"
WT 10/15/58

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-...

tHE POSTER STATES:
"8 million BAPTIZED faithful true Christian witnesses"

we can only attribute above statement to Ignorance (without knowledge)

see the poster doesn't know the difference between a Baptized
Christian and Publisher who offers Wt publications.

just to demonstrate how little jw actually know about their own religion notice

We asked the following

How many baptized jw are there world wide?

please provide wt reference so we can confirm
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#5 Jun 2, 2014
Jesus said, if they hate me, they will hate you too.

True Christian witnesses are secure in their faith, we know for certain Jesus is protecting us from the attacks of Satans agents like ex Witnesses, and all lies and false charges.

Gnashing of their teeth is loud and clear these days, before the tribulation starts on this world of ungodly men.

2 Peter 3: 7
2 Thessalonians 3: 7-9
JACE

Bethesda, MD

#6 Jun 2, 2014
Jesus said, if they hate me, they will hate you too.
True Christian witnesses are secure in their faith, we know for certain Jesus is protecting us from the attacks of Satans agents like ex Witnesses, and all lies and false charges.
Gnashing of their teeth is loud and clear these days, before the tribulation starts on this world of ungodly men.
2 Peter 3: 7
2 Thessalonians 3: 7-9
the technique that the jw poster is using now is one all jw are taught. It is called WT Talking Points. As a former instructor the poster indicates he had a pretty good instructor. But what we will do is point out the fallacy in what the poster stated

1. First thing do not even acknowledge what was stated even if it is the Wt own published works

WT 10/15/58

2. next attempt to characterize the issue as one of Jace Hates me, when in fact Jace don't even know him-

3. Invoke some bible text to give the appearance of being spiritual.

these are the basic pattern you will see when a jw is faced with documentation they don't like

the poster equates HATE to critically examining his theology

I posted a quote which says that God will kill 99.9% of folks for not accepting his pamphlet explanation of scriptures.

this is a very powerful claim made by a group of journalist who wrirte for a religious publication

So we continue to stick to things that can be documented and read by anyone

The poster has ID himself as a TRUE CHRISTIAN. so we ask

Will 99.9% of earth population have to die for not accepting the explanation of Scripture as presented by these 7 men and their predecessors ??

Samuel Herd (1999)[83]
Geoffrey Jackson (2005)[84]
M. Stephen Lett (1999)[83]
Gerrit Lösch (1994)[85][86]
Anthony Morris III (2005)[84]
Mark Sanderson (2012)[87][88]
David H. Splane (1999)[83]

Why does the lives of 8 billion human hinge on these 7 men and their predecessors uninspired and fallible explanations of scripture?

Could you share with the nonjw readers why this is the case
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#8 Jun 6, 2014
Anyone who really wants to know how to find the true religion, the one and only one Almighty God in heaven is using today, to deliver all mankind from evil,
Go to JW.org , at least you can see God's Holy Spirit in action.

Investigate for yourself how God has put His son Jesus as head of this global religion or congregation, Jehovah's witnesses are the only people who will survive the end of this unrighteousness world, very soon.

John 3:16 and verse 36
News reader

Greenville, SC

#9 Jun 15, 2014
Cloud 9 wrote:
<quoted text> You should see what it feels like to live a life with your own relationship with God and not a bunch of "do it my way or you will burn in hell" freaks like you. Your scare tactics are so foolish and childish it is rediculous. Why don't you jump in the lake of fire with all the other cult leaders and followers?
Jw's don't believe in hellfire
News reader

Greenville, SC

#10 Jun 15, 2014
JACE wrote:
<quoted text>
the technique that the jw post?er is using now is one all jw are taught. It is called WT Talking Points. As a former instructor the poster indicates he had a pretty good instructor. But what we will do is point out the fallacy in what the poster stated
1. First thing do not even acknowledge what was stated even if it is the Wt own published works
WT 10/15/58
2. next attempt to characterize the issue as one of Jace Hates me, when in fact Jace don't even know him-
3. Invoke some bible text to give the appearance of being spiritual.
these are the basic pattern you will see when a jw is faced with documentation they don't like
the poster equates HATE to critically examining his theology
I posted a quote which says that God will kill 99.9% of folks for not accepting his pamphlet explanation of scriptures.
this is a very powerful claim made by a group of journalist who wrirte for a religious publication
So we continue to stick to things that can be documented and read by anyone
The poster has ID himself as a TRUE CHRISTIAN. so we ask
Will 99.9% of earth population have to die for not accepting the explanation of Scripture as presented by these 7 men and their predecessors ??
Samuel Herd (1999)[83]
Geoffrey Jackson (2005)[84]
M. Stephen Lett (1999)[83]
Gerrit Lösch (1994)[85][86]
Anthony Morris III (2005)[84]
Mark Sanderson (2012)[87][88]
David H. Splane (1999)[83]
Why does the lives of 8 billion human hinge on these 7 men and their predecessors uninspired and fallible explanations of scripture?
Could you share with the nonjw readers why this is the case
I think you are mixed up. It's the pope who claims to be infallible. The scriptures say that the light grows brighter as the day draws near, so progressively, God said purposes are clearer as the time for fulfillment grows closer.
Also just to be clear, the quotes and list above are not true. i

Since: Feb 07

RI

#11 Jun 15, 2014
News reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are mixed up. It's the pope who claims to be infallible. The scriptures say that the light grows brighter as the day draws near, so progressively, God said purposes are clearer as the time for fulfillment grows closer.
Also just to be clear, the quotes and list above are not true. i
The Pope is infallible only when it is doctrine involved. What really is the difference between the Pope being considered infallible with regard to doctrine and the GB issuing "new light" that MUST be adhered to upon pain of disfellowshipping and shunning?

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#12 Jun 15, 2014
Cloud 9 wrote:
<quoted text> You should see what it feels like to live a life with your own relationship with God and not a bunch of "do it my way or you will burn in hell" freaks like you. Your scare tactics are so foolish and childish it is rediculous. Why don't you jump in the lake of fire with all the other cult leaders and followers?
Fear of the Creator means to honor Him and want to please Him by living by His laws and statutes. The WT leaders have cleverly maneuvered this thought into insisting that their followers MUST comply with each and every idea these men come up with no matter how ludicrous or unchristian their demands may be. The very idea that these men make up all this crud and teach that "God" will destroy anyone who does not obey their nonsense....takes a truckload of arrogance and egotism to pull off.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#13 Jun 16, 2014
Jehovah's witnesses love all people, no matter what religion they are, if we didn't we would not be doing this global warning preaching work. Matthew 24:14

It is those who hate us and the Governing authority that is directing this organized global preaching, before the end Jesus prophecied.
These ex witnesses only speak from Satan the Devil, they are in total darkness as they belong to Satan now, unless they repent.

Jesus said obey him and be saved, if you want salvation, you choose.
Matthew 3:36

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#14 Jun 16, 2014
Anyone who really wants to know how to find the true religion, the one and only one Almighty God in heaven is using today, to deliver all mankind from evil,
Go to JW.org , at least you can see God's Holy Spirit in action.
Investigate for yourself how God has put His son Jesus as head of this global religion or congregation, Jehovah's witnesses are the only people who will survive the end of this unrighteousness world, very soon.
John 3:16 and verse 36
Those scriptures do not prove what you just said. Now please show us biblical proof that Jehovah is using JW's and the organization as his.

Location hidden

#15 Jun 16, 2014
Jehovah's witnesses love all people, no matter what religion they are, if we didn't we would not be doing this global warning preaching work. Matthew 24:14
It is those who hate us and the Governing authority that is directing this organized global preaching, before the end Jesus prophecied.
These ex witnesses only speak from Satan the Devil, they are in total darkness as they belong to Satan now, unless they repent.
Jesus said obey him and be saved, if you want salvation, you choose.
Matthew 3:36
I think it is apparent that JWs do not love all people. You do the preaching work because you believe somehow it will help save you. We are told to tell all we meet about Jesus, but we are not told to do it with literature that a religion prints, but with the words of the bible, Gods words.

No one hates JWs, but we hate the lies that you are being taught and that you tell others.

How can you say that ex witnesses speak from Satan, when some of us have given our lives to the Lord? This in itself shows how much hatred you have for ex witnesses.

Jesus did say to obey HIM and be saved, our salvation is through HIM. Now show me proof that the GB aka F&DS has any part in our salvation. You have been ask a number of times to show this proof, and you have yet been able to do that. You really should ask yourself why.

LET GO AND LET GOD

#16 Jun 16, 2014
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is apparent that JWs do not love all people. You do the preaching work because you believe somehow it will help save you. We are told to tell all we meet about Jesus, but we are not told to do it with literature that a religion prints, but with the words of the bible, Gods words.

No one hates JWs, but we hate the lies that you are being taught and that you tell others.
You beat me to it!

I wonder just how many JWs would still go door to door if they were told there was "new light" on this and it wasn't mandatory any longer? How many would drop this feature like a hot cake because the GB didn't expect their followers to do this any more?

Location hidden

#17 Jun 17, 2014
Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>
You beat me to it!
I wonder just how many JWs would still go door to door if they were told there was "new light" on this and it wasn't mandatory any longer? How many would drop this feature like a hot cake because the GB didn't expect their followers to do this any more?
I can imagine there would still be a few who would go out, but the majority would stop instantly.

LET GO AND LET GOD

#18 Jun 17, 2014
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
I can imagine there would still be a few who would go out, but the majority would stop instantly.
I figured the same thing....that there would be a very scant few who liked the d2d work but for the most part.....the rest would be relieved not to have to go through that rigamarole every week.
Jace

Clinton, MD

#19 Jun 21, 2014
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope is infallible only when it is doctrine involved. What really is the difference between the Pope being considered infallible with regard to doctrine and the GB issuing "new light" that MUST be adhered to upon pain of disfellowshipping and shunning?
bingo
Reverend Billy Burgess

Goshen, NY

#20 Jul 1, 2014
In the spirit of tolerance the following will be guest speakers. Reverend Pat Robertson, The Right Reverend Franklin Graham, and The Most Holy Precious Jimmy Swaggart DD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Orleans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr melody colombus 19,556
anyone know tim terry? (Jun '12) Fri wannabenlonde76 9
Review: Proficient Driving Academy (Jul '09) Dec 16 concerned one 21
Houston-area police given $1.9M for body cameras Dec 15 rocketman 2
Jefferson Parish DA Paul Connick endorses Thoma... Dec 8 Bad weather 1
Landrieu revisits Hurricane Katrina in Senate race Dec 7 ByeMary 9
NOLA-shot 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' make... Dec 7 Kid_Tomorrow 1
New Orleans Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New Orleans People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New Orleans News, Events & Info