New Orleans schools ban creationism a...

New Orleans schools ban creationism and 'revisionist' history in rebuke of Texas

There are 206 comments on the The Raw Story story from Dec 19, 2012, titled New Orleans schools ban creationism and 'revisionist' history in rebuke of Texas. In it, The Raw Story reports that:

The school board for Orleans Parish in Louisiana voted Tuesday night to ban the teaching of creationism as science and what they called a "revisionist" history curriculum promoted by the state of Texas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Raw Story.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#183 Jan 16, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You picked the analogy of books in the library and changes to the wording resulting in different words, sentences, paragraphs and even books.
Similarly changes in DNA result in different genes.
Everyone recognizes the similarities between all books and the evolution of books. That's not the issue.
Build a library according to the empirically unverified procedure outlined here http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TAP...
and you win.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#184 Jan 16, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but how does that prove that fish turned into philosophers?
Because fish don't turn into things.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#186 Jan 17, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone recognizes the similarities between all books and the evolution of books. That's not the issue
Then it was pretty dumb to use it as an example of how to discredit evolution

Location hidden

#187 Jan 17, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it was pretty dumb to use it as an example of how to discredit evolution
Evolutionists discredit themselves by playing games with words in stupid attempts to hide their illogic.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#188 Jan 17, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Evolutionists discredit themselves by playing games with words in stupid attempts to hide their illogic.
You are the ones who utilize inappropriate analogies instead of actually saying what is meant. If anyone plays "word games" it is the creationists like you.

Location hidden

#189 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the ones who utilize inappropriate analogies instead of actually saying what is meant. If anyone plays "word games" it is the creationists like you.
I have been extraordinarily precise in what I have written.

http://everythingimportant.org/genome.pdf
http://everythingimportant.org/devolution
http://everythingimportant.org/naturalism
http://everythingimportant.org/science

Perhaps you have so intensely brainwashed that you no longer understand the obvious?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#190 Jan 17, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> I have been extraordinarily precise in what I have written.
http://everythingimportant.org/genome.pdf
http://everythingimportant.org/naturalism
http://everythingimportant.org/science
Perhaps you have so intensely brainwashed that you no longer understand the obvious?
There you go, with more word games. You are a typical creationist.

Location hidden

#191 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But I do aspire to be like the prototypical creationist, Jesus Christ.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#192 Jan 17, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>But I do aspire to be like the prototypical creationist, Jesus Christ.
He's in a different thread, I forgot which, but he's posting to GOD as well, they are great members of Topix.

Location hidden

#193 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
He's in a different thread, I forgot which, but he's posting to GOD as well, they are great members of Topix.
Evidently, you are terribly uneducated or it suits your willful blindness to confuse the Creator of the universe with someone at your level of diminished capacity.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#194 Jan 17, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Evidently, you are terribly uneducated or it suits your willful blindness to confuse the Creator of the universe with someone at your level of diminished capacity.
Really? So you are assuming everything was "created" with no actual evidence to support that. Okay then, what created your creator? What created the thing that created your creator?.... ad infinitum.

Location hidden

#195 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrite.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#196 Jan 17, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Hypocrite.
Oh wow, a simple post from you, and this is probably the biggest word I have seen you utilize. Congrats.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#197 Jan 18, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but how does that prove that fish turned into philosophers?
Or slugs into loony mathematicians.

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

#198 Jan 18, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> Your logic and methodology is obviously unimpressive. To illustrate, I propose that you study the grand library of all the conspicuous books and journals currently in print. Yes, great similarities, adaptations, spin-offs and plagiarisms will be easy to recognize. However, work as hard as you can, you will be unable to rationalize the history of the grand library by imagining its highly ordered present-day existence to have come about according to the following empirically unverified procedure for building a library and acquiring knowledge:
Begin with a meaningful phrase, retype it with a few mistakes, make it longer by adding letters, and rearrange subsequences in the string of letters; then examine the result to see if the new phrase is meaningful. Repeat this process until the library is complete. Mathematical Challenges to the Neo-Darwinian Interpretation of Evolution, Wistar Institute Press, 1967, p. 110.
Still pushing your junk website I see. A hint for you. Making a statement and trying to support it with your own website full of other statements of your own, quote-mines, and poorly supported supposition -- is not a good way to support your line of 'thinking'.

Find something else, something in the way of independent, well-supported, and based on some actual evidence and your statements might actually mean something. But since you insist on saying crap and supporting it with more crap -- no wonder no one takes you seriously, no one!

#199 Jan 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know way more than you, since evolutionary genetics is part of biology and chemistry it's plain to see that you know even less than I gave you credit for. Nothing in biology makes sense without the light of evolution.
The average 5th grader knows more on the subject than shoobert.

#200 Jan 18, 2013
MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Eugene, you never did tell us which home school group you are a "professor" for.
Are you a "professor" in the same way you used to claim that you were a "scientist"?
IOW lying about it?
I thought shoob was an elementary school math teacher whose crackpot ideas have been rejected by Physicists, Wikipedia, the DI, and even his own church -- well his former shurch after they asked him to leave. Or am I thinking of another shoob?

Seffner, FL

#201 Jan 18, 2013
TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought shoob was an elementary school math teacher whose crackpot ideas have been rejected by Physicists, Wikipedia, the DI, and even his own church -- well his former shurch after they asked him to leave. Or am I thinking of another shoob?
No, that's him. Though it debatable if he ever was a teacher. If I remember right, no teaching certificate was ever found with the Texas DoE.

#202 Jan 18, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's him. Though it debatable if he ever was a teacher. If I remember right, no teaching certificate was ever found with the Texas DoE.
Thought so. I have been away a few months and the CV's of many of the Creationists sorta blend together. I thought that was shoob, but it could have well been the pseudo-physicist who thinks publishing something on the web is the same thing as being a peer-reveiwed and published scientist, Jimbo waht'his'name.

Seffner, FL

#203 Jan 18, 2013
TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought so. I have been away a few months and the CV's of many of the Creationists sorta blend together. I thought that was shoob, but it could have well been the pseudo-physicist who thinks publishing something on the web is the same thing as being a peer-reveiwed and published scientist, Jimbo waht'his'name.
Ryan.

They are two distinctly different loonies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Orleans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happy 10th Birthday Hurricane Katrina Fri Katrina 6
Morons Living Below Sea Level Fri Katrina 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu Mother Mcreeeeee 20,096
Commercial Construction Recommendation Needed f... Aug 26 Steve 1
News Religious leaders speak out against Confederate... Aug 25 RevKen 2
NO ILLEGALS DRUGS in U.S. Aug 24 NO DRUGS ILLEGALS... 1
Review: ALM Gateway To Success Aug 23 The truth 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Orleans Mortgages